Football Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could call it a good system or you could call it stockpiling.

Stockpiling is that team with 200 players that loaned a whole team to Slovenia.

It's a good system regardless of what you want to call it. The problem is that they wont give the younger players a fair chance. Benitez was giving Ake starts and now he's back in the youth teams for example. If they had any sort of continuity they would have had him in and around the first team again and maybe have a new squad player. Instead Mourinho came in and all the youth players had to start again, impress again and inevitably not get picked by a manager who doesn't like using youth players.

It's a good system regardless of what you want to call it. The problem is that they wont give the younger players a fair chance. Benitez was giving Ake starts and now he's back in the youth teams for example. If they had any sort of continuity they would have had him in and around the first team again and maybe have a new squad player. Instead Mourinho came in and all the youth players had to start again, impress again and inevitably not get picked by a manager who doesn't like using youth players.

That's what I mean. A good system but it renders the academy virtually useless the way they run things.

With FFP their academy will still have a purpose. Sell youth players to help cover the costs over first team buys. They can afford to hoover up their best 18 and under players as well and some of those costs don't count towards FFP. And maybe one day they'll land a manager who will give them a chance and they'll end up with a new player.

Wonder how high PSG will go for Cabaye and what Newcastle would sell at. Surprised people are raising eyebrows at a £14m opening bid considering he is 28 and has two years left on his contract I think? If they get above 20 it would be good business I suppose.

N'gog has been sold to Swansea for an undisclosed fee. Good riddance you shit *censored*. Why did Swansea want him? must have a great agent. Would've been nice to know how much we got for him considering we spent 4 million on him and I imagine Liverpool had clauses to get some of the money, however much it is.

Although this does leave us light on strikers... only a half fit Craig Davies now. Good stuff!

N'gog has been sold to Swansea for an undisclosed fee. Good riddance you shit *censored*. Why did Swansea want him? must have a great agent. Would've been nice to know how much we got for him considering we spent 4 million on him and I imagine Liverpool had clauses to get some of the money, however much it is.

Although this does leave us light on strikers... only a half fit Craig Davies now. Good stuff!

Swansea have even shitter back up strikers and are struggling with the demands of Europe. I doubt they will keep him for very long.

Expect him to be a free agent very soon then.

Rodgers/Ayre pretty much confirming today we aren't going to strengthen. Unless both are being incredibly coy which I highly doubt. Can just see this backfiring hugely when the season is over and we're 6th/7th again.

Expect him to be a free agent very soon then.

Rodgers/Ayre pretty much confirming today we aren't going to strengthen. Unless both are being incredibly coy which I highly doubt. Can just see this backfiring hugely when the season is over and we're 6th/7th again.

Imagine us doing that, selling Suarez in the Summer and then trying to lowball teams on the back of the World Cup with all of the Suarez money. Hysterical.

Archived