Football Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barca are surely screwed. UEFA will have to act if the government charges them. 2-3 years out of Europe, a 200m euro + fine and a 22 point deduction have been talked about as possible punishments on twitter but with tbh no legitimate sources. The European ban would seem likely though I'd argue 3 years is a light punishment.

Then again saying all that I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA let them off with a fine.

Dibs on Messi if they do get banned.

Meanwhile, Telegraph says Arsenal representatives are in Germany to discuss a transfer of Julian Draxler, who has told Schalke he wants to leave now. A big press conference is scheduled next Monday, but I expect it to be the announcement of the Puma kit-deal and/or contract news about Wenger, Mertesacker and Sagna.

Would be amazed if Uefa did something as severe as banning them or taking away points considering how they're sitting back and letting the PSG commercial deal thing happen and they, like Fifa, will want to keep the Qatari's and big clubs happy.

Mourinho basically confirming Chelsea did the Salah deal in essentially a day whilst it took Liverpool 2 months to make a bid that was half of what they wanted. Excellent.

Sounds like we are fielding a few youth players in the cup. Banana skin waiting to happen but understandable with a massive run of games coming.

You believe him? Chelsea will have talked to Basel, scouted him, talked to him, etc. long before this. We have a limited budget that we have to try and structure around FFP. I have no idea where you got the second bit from.

It was the same with Willian, they wouldn't have just thought on the day of his Spurs medical to sign him. There would have been talks with everyone before that, in part due to AVB wanting him whilst he was at Chelsea.

You believe him? Chelsea will have talked to Basel, scouted him, talked to him, etc. long before this. We have a limited budget that we have to try and structure around FFP. I have no idea where you got the second bit from.

It was the same with Willian, they wouldn't have just thought on the day of his Spurs medical to sign him. There would have been talks with everyone before that, in part due to AVB wanting him whilst he was at Chelsea.

To an extent. It's pretty clear that we were tailing him for ages and failed to get a deal done whilst they secured it in no time. A few reliable journalists/papers have said as much. Money might be an issue yet again, hard to say really as the fee seems to vary depending on the journalist and some are saying Basle upped their price once Chelsea came in.

Mono Sissoko back in the PL at Palace.

Arsenal's line-up for the Coventry game is unexpectedly strong: Fabianski; Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker ©, Gibbs; Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Özil; Gnabry, Bendtner, Podolski

Subs: Viviano, Sagna, Monreal, Zelalem, Flamini, Cazorla, Giroud.

Seems odd to do so with the insane schedule coming up not too long from now.

Mourinho shitting on Wenger again

Only to end up doing the same thing he's accusing Wenger of.

You can't be surprised? Mourinho is a wanker.

Club announced the Mata deal now, still medical & personal terms to be signed. Still time for Mourinho to pull the plug then? haha >_<

You'll have to hope he doesn't fail the medical or Mata wants too much money then.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2008/Jun/Ramsey-fee-agreed.aspx

I wonder if we'll have a situation like this

Expect us rather than Arsenal

Archived