Major Issue With WWE 2K14 (Xbox 360)

MrBrent

Hello!

I have an Xbox 360 4GB console with an installed 320GB hard disk as well as the Kinect. I have owned WWE 2K14 since the first week it was released and have had no issues out of the normal (intermittent freezing, sound issues, etc.). However, today, I have run across a major issue that is preventing me from loading or playing my save file.

When I go to LOAD my game, it gives me the error message:

Load failed!
The current storage device could not found.
Please select a new storage device and try again.

When I go to start a new file and SAVE, it gives me this error message:

Save failed!
The current storage device has been removed.
You must select a storage device to continue saving.

This happens with every single storage device I select: hard drive, memory unit and cloud saved games.

What is my solution to this? I have purchased the WWE 2K14 Season Pass and have completed the entire game, and would hate to lose my save file.

This happened to me back in SvR 2011 and had no choice but to erase everything and start over. I didn't lose my DLC or season pass because I had already purchased that, but my progress and CAWs got deleted. Do NOT do what I did though and erase shit until someone else gives you a better answer or even a solution. I know I've read countless threads like this before so just be patient and the nearest expert on this site will assist you.

I just deleted it already. I spent 2 hours trying to get back into my save file. Luckily, I have the season pass so I unlocked everything with the push of the "X" button. All I have to do is re-do the WrestleMania mode and unlockables through the Streak Mode. Fun times.

Happened to me I lost a save that I spent 2 months getting perfect! I was sick about it Tuesday night but little by little I'm rebuilding it. This time I made a backup on my computer.

I tried rehashing/reassigning my save and even transferring all caws to a new save... Nothing worked. It's a lost cause you gotta start over.

Apologies for not catching this in time, but incase anyone else ever runs into this issue, here's what you need to know:

1. DO NOT ASSUME that your save/storage device is corrupted. I actually encountered a similar situation with WWE '13 on Xbox 360 a few days ago, and I knew for 100% fact that nothing was wrong with my data. I troubleshooted it, got it working and lost NOTHING.

There are two scenarios here: 1. Your drive/data really is screwed (this did infact happen to me once), or the much more likely scenario: 2. Your storage device is not connected properly.

If you try to adjust your storage device AFTER you started the game, (ie. at the bit where you select a storage device), you are not going to fix the problem--in fact if your storage device is a harddrive NOT connected via USB, there is a small chance you could make matters worse.

Here is how you solve this problem:

1. If your device really is screwed (LAST RESORT - try method 2 first!!):

You can still attempt to salvage some data by extracting data through Modio or similar program on your PC. This is also a good way to verify whether or not the drive is really corrupted or not. These programs don't always read 360 drives correctly on the first try, so DO NOT assume you've lost everything on the first attempt.

2. If you don't know for sure if the drive is corrupt, and/or you can tell the device is not correctly connected:

A. first of all exit the game to the dashboard.

B. If you're using a USB device, remove it-reinsert it and start the game again. If you're using a harddrive: shut off the system entirely, remove the harddrive, carefully reattach it and make SURE it's 100% connected properly-- then start your 360 and the game.

If it's just your WWE data that wont load, (ie. you can still get to the dashboard with your settings, etc.) then it is HIGHLY unlikely any of your data is corrupted.

Never give up too easily at this.

• 6 months later...

I found a very easy fix for this issue!

If you look for the save file in your hard drive, it will tell you whether or not the file is corrupted or not. Most likely, it is probably not.

If it is not corrupted, then all you have to do is move the "corrupted" file to a flash drive (or any external hard drive), then immediately move it back. Get on 2K14 and it should work like nothing was ever wrong.

This just happened to me like 20 minutes ago. Tried this and it worked.

Edit: Just happened to me again one day later. Did the trick above and it worked. Minutes later, save failed once again. It looks like this is just a temporary fix. I just deleted the save file. Better to redo everything than to continue with all of this. Curiously enough, all three times it gave me this error message, I was editing a PPV on Universe mode. Strange.

Archived