Oh no, They Say He's Gotta Go! Go go...Gigan?!

xirtamehtsitahw

As you can see from the topic title, I have created a simplified version of Gigan, the famed Godzilla-movie "kaiju" monster. (Kaiju is Japanese for "giant monster"). I used the original "Showa" version, not the rather odd-looking Final Wars version, as the template for Gigan. I omitted certain minor body parts (belly saw, back fins, chest accents) for simplicity's sake. To add them would require that I delete the Eyebrow/Eyelash/Lips/Teeth layers to accommodate them. That is a very tedious process that involves extensive knowledge of layer IDs and how to manipulate the game's code via hex editor (both of which I have, but I don't have a lot of patience).

Anyway, here are Showa Gigan's vital stats:

Height: 7'2" (billed height), actual height around 7'6"--he is a bit taller than Big Show who is 7'2" in-game

Weight 400 pounds (heaviest I could make him)

Overall attribute level: 94

Grapple 100

Strikes 95

Submission 80

Durability 100

Technical 80

Speed 60

Charisma 80

The overall attribute level is a percentage of the game's maximum allotment of 630 total attribute points. As you can see, I gave Gigan a down-to-Earth overall, while accentuating his strengths (and weaknesses--his slow speed).

In addition, I gave him a custom chain-grapple moveset that gives him some counterproof moves (his standing struggle submissions and his L-button grapples), as well as signature/finisher-level moves in the chain-grapple slots. His standing submissions can still be escaped from, however, so it's still somewhat "fair" for the AI.

UPDATE: I've found a way to add the back fins and belly saw via body tattoos, and the chest accents via a body accessory. The fins and saw are simply tattoos, the fins being a back-tattoo design (the one looking like two rows of big stripes), and the belly saw is a simple vertical line, thickened and lengthened beyond what the game normally allows you to do in the actual modification menus (via TempAR's hex editor). The chest accent is simply a towel recolored a slightly darker green than his skin. The final addition (a ninja-style mask, also green) hides the oddity of a second "mouth appearing in certain situations beneath his beak. These last four layers were hacked in by replacing the eyebrow, eyelash, lips and teeth layers with Gigan's shoes, elbow and knee pads, and hand-blades (actually Socko puppets given a "metallic" color). The result is a really good facsimile of the classic Toho kaiju.

Archived