Can you change the grapple on the NPCs?

Blackbird 13

Not sure if this is the place to ask this.. but the NPCs seem to have the "ref" grapple.. at least Lawler and the WWE Crew guys do.. regardless of what you edit in the movesets.

Is there a way to change that to a regular grapple?

Doubtful. Since changing the movesets doesn't help, I would assume one of two things;

1) The movesets aren't being read on these characters at all.

or

2) These characters have a value built into them as the Ref does to separate them from the wrestlers, keeping them from doing moves. I would think this because previous games allowed those characters to have actual moves.

In both situations though, I'm of no use.

You can change the movesets.. and they work, to varying degrees.... Lawler, for instance, has ground grapples, running strikes, and appropriate signatures, finishers, taunts, and comeback. It's just irritating that I can't figure out a way to grapple with him without the ref animation..

You can change the movesets.. and they work, to varying degrees.... Lawler, for instance, has ground grapples, running strikes, and appropriate signatures, finishers, taunts, and comeback. It's just irritating that I can't figure out a way to grapple with him without the ref animation..

I remember this problem from last year's game. I don't think a solution was found, but I could be wrong.

Archived