Necro Butcher *WIP* Update #2 (Dec. 11th!)

Shadow102008

Hey everyone,

Been on this boards for some time but rarely post CAWs. I've never been great at PTing so it limits the CAWs I can make myself.

However, this year I thought I'd give it a shot. Below is my Necro Butcher preview. Still needs some work but it's getting there.

His beard is especially troublesome. After some suggestions I'm going to try and use designs to fill out his beard more, but the color is what's getting me. He's graying out now, but not a solid color. In the picture, which aren't great, I went for a faded brown. I'll see what you all think.

I have no attire photos yet, but his default will be his Embassy pants. He's been pretty much exclusively wearing those as of late, but I plan to do his CHOOSE DEATH t-shirt and some others.

Once he's finished with his awesome Sami Callihan CAW, ShatterTheSky has agreed to team up with me to help with some PT work. Necro has a bunch of tattoos now (6 last I counted) so he agreed to help where he can.

Below are some photos I took with my iPod. Suggestions welcome as this is the first time I've ever publicly displayed a CAW I've made.

UPDATES BELOW!

I need an opinion. So far I've been making his beard and hair a light brown to make it seemed aged and I was going to go in with designs to add some grey highlights. He's going pretty grey as of late and thought about experimenting with making his beard grey and adding brown highlights. What do you all think? If you want a more current Butcher I'll go with the grey beard, but it you want Butcher from a few years ago I'll stick with what I have.

• Tweaked eye morphing a bit.
  • Used some make-up and designs to lighten up the area above his eyes/make his eyelids more pronounced.
  • Used designs to smooth out areas of his face.
  • Used designs to blend his beard more and to make it look more scruffy.
  • Added scaring to his forehead

ao0h.th.jpg

1skn.th.jpg

OLD VERSION(S)

58lo.th.jpg

ihc1.th.jpg[[\

That's actually really, really good looking. I think you nailed his face perfectly. The beard looks pretty good as well. Keep it up man, I can't want to see what attires you do.

Thank you! I really appreciate it! I've always been super self conscious about posting my CAWs. What I used to do in past years was DL a Necro that had the tats and some PTed shirts and completely re-do the face and figs. I'd never post them and use them for my own gain, but I've had friends tell me it looks good so I decided to look for help this year.

I'm doing his Embassy pants for sure. Originally I was just going to do the pants and no shirt as that's how he's been coming out lately. Like, if you watch the JCW match where he hurt himself or New Jack's retirement match it's JUST the pants. I was told he dislikes wearing jeans while wrestling.

I'll be doing a CHOOSE DEATH shirt, and maybe one of his variations of such because I can do those easily. I want to do some of his ROH shirts, and I gave the designs to ShatterTheSky, but since I don't want to overwork him, I'm playing it by ear.

I'm also having the Shirts vs. Skins debate in my head. Sometimes he wrestles with a shirt sometimes without. So, yeah. Got some thinking to do.

Yup, this is looking really good. I might have to team him with Jacobs and Rollins " If you let me out of my cage, I'm gonna pile the bodies to the sky".

You totally could! If ShatterTheSky is able to make any of his ROH shirts it'll work perfectly.

Best solution to the Shirt/Skin thing would be to make him shirtless, but put the shirt on the entrance and/or cutscene attire.

I really like this overall but I feel like the head is too stubby looking. I think it may be the beard doing it. Personally I'd recommend the smaller 3D beard.

I can look into what options I have, but since I'm going for a more recent Necro Butcher (or at least those are the photos I'm using) his beard is huge and out of control.

?However, I'll look in to it though. What do you mean by "Stubby" just so you and I are on the same page.

I meant the overall shape of the head. The CAWs head looks a little too wide and/or not long enough. But again that could just be the beard throwing it off for me.

It's really too bad the game limits you to one 3D beard because I feel like one of the 3D goatees along with the 3D sideburns would look great for him.

Yeah, it's a shame! I wish I could do more with the beard. I could, however, play with the beard shape a bit. This isn't my final face as I want to try and thicken out his facial hair (mustache and sideburns) and add some forehead scarring and just do some tweaks.

I have his body made, but not sure how I feel about it yet so I'm going to tweak a bit more before I post picture.

PLUS, I've got to figure out how to PT his Embassy pants haha. Thanks for the suggestions though!

I like this a lot for a base. I'd suggest widening the nostril width, lighten up the area above the eyes, use makeup or designs to define the eyelids & open the eye height a bit more. His arrest pic should still be around on Google. That would be where I would start as a reference. Look forward to the updates on this.

I like this a lot for a base. I'd suggest widening the nostril width, lighten up the area above the eyes, use makeup or designs to define the eyelids & open the eye height a bit more. His arrest pic should still be around on Google. That would be where I would start as a reference. Look forward to the updates on this.

When you say "lighten up the area above the eyes" you mean the area between his eyes and eyebrows?

And I was using that mugshot, but I honestly don't think it's a great photo to work off of, but I'll work on it. I've never used designs to do detail work like defining the eyelids, but I'll play around with it. I believe the D had a topic years ago on CAW detailing. I should try and find it.

I meant the overall shape of the head. The CAWs head looks a little too wide and/or not long enough. But again that could just be the beard throwing it off for me.

It's really too bad the game limits you to one 3D beard because I feel like one of the 3D goatees along with the 3D sideburns would look great for him.

Yeah, it's a shame! I wish I could do more with the beard. I could, however, play with the beard shape a bit. This isn't my final face as I want to try and thicken out his facial hair (mustache and sideburns) and add some forehead scarring and just do some tweaks.

I have his body made, but not sure how I feel about it yet so I'm going to tweak a bit more before I post picture.

PLUS, I've got to figure out how to PT his Embassy pants haha. Thanks for the suggestions though!

They don't look too hard. Look through a few pages here. You should get some good refs.

http://getlostphotography.smugmug.com/Other/2010-08-21-ROH-on-HDNet-TV/13557362_b9fPHd#!i=988317408&k=chnXwzw

They don't look too hard. Look through a few pages here. You should get some good refs.

http://getlostphotography.smugmug.com/Other/2010-08-21-ROH-on-HDNet-TV/13557362_b9fPHd#!i=988317408&k=chnXwzw

I've got photos of the design, I'm not just great at PT as far as sizing and such. Plus, they have leopard print designs and that seems like it'll be a challenge. But I'll play with it.

Hey guys, here's an update. I'll be continuing work on this this weekend. I'm finishing up some essays and exams for my final semester in College, so I've been busy, plus my PT partner ShatterTheSky has been busy as well. So, I'll be updating when I can. I'm going to start making a moveset in the mean time :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the absense, y'all. Production on Necro has slowed down a bit.

I can't get ahold of my partner helping me with PT designs. I hope all is well with him as I haven't heard from him in a month or so. I hope nothing serious is wrong.

However, since I know a lot of people are excited for this, is there anyone possibly interested in helping me with PT designs? I'm not too great at them and I don't want a potentially cool CAW to be ruined by bad PT work.

I'm gonna come back and comment on this in a bit, looks good, could look better.

I had no clue he compound fractured his leg last year, that shit is brutal!

He also got arrested for domestic disturbance though I'm completely not surprised at all.

Archived