Ziggy's Avatar Showcase

Ziggy Vercetti

They look pretty good, and the effects used are really nice. Though to be honest, the AJ one is not the best. It's a little hard to see her face, and she looks a bit small in it. Maybe if it was focused more on her, instead of the entire picture.

A few words of advise:

When you're cropping them, do it to balanced. AJ is heavily stretched. Also, maybe not just resize them but resize them so that they're actually still recognizable.

Let me explain:

This is the original picture: http://distilleryimage6.s3.amazonaws.com/ec7acedc585f11e38e440ad7235ffb94_8.jpg

This is what happens when you don't care about the dimensions.

DeXcFJP.png

This is a bit extreme of course, it's just an example. Now, this:

MRCozHh.png

is properly adjusted. This is very usable but as an example as to what I'll mean, I'll provide this (It's actually not as good, haha, but it works as an example):

w0xl0kW.png

This one isn't just reduced to the minimal size but also got "detailed" placing. I hope this helps you in the future. I like the vibrant style though, didn't wanted to sound super negative..

Honestly, the paint app that comes on every computer is your best friend for resizing. I personally use Ipse's 150 X 250 (in pixels), and it works wonders. You have to mod the image some and cut stuff out sometimes. But for the most part, it'll help you a lot.

Honestly, the paint app that comes on every computer is your best friend for resizing. I personally use Ipse's 150 X 250 (in pixels), and it works wonders. You have to mod the image some and cut stuff out sometimes. But for the most part, it'll help you a lot.

No it's not, photoshop or any image editing program is better. GIMP is a good free alternative.

Archived