[Xbox360] WWE 2K14 PaintTool.pt file mods

K.G

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only tried it once just now and I got the 'paint tool file is corrupted' upon starting the game. I did all the steps, made sure, even after rehashing and resigning, that the profile ID number and such were correct with my console/game. What did I do wrong? I created 20 blank slot, meaning I went and saved them without touching them, got all my pics ready and such via Paint.NET, replaced some of the slots with the pics I intended to use for my CAWs, drag my Profile and then the PT file back onto my console, and start the game. When it reads my HDD, it told me my file was corrupted.

Whatever I did wrong, it must be a very minor misstep. Maybe I'll try rehashing and resigning via Modio when I get home from work, as, oftentimes, these types of tools are never 100% reliable in that aspect.

edit- forgot the 'do NOT use Modio' bit, so disregard that part. lol

I purchased this yesterday and am currently waiting for the email.

I´m really cvurious to see how easy to use this is and if I´m having problems using it.

For some stupidf reason I can´t view K.G.´s profile, so I can´t contact him via email.

@K.G.: If you read this, please send me a personal message with your email adress. And the emial with the tool, of course. :)

Only tried it once just now and I got the 'paint tool file is corrupted' upon starting the game. I did all the steps, made sure, even after rehashing and resigning, that the profile ID number and such were correct with my console/game. What did I do wrong? I created 20 blank slot, meaning I went and saved them without touching them, got all my pics ready and such via Paint.NET, replaced some of the slots with the pics I intended to use for my CAWs, drag my Profile and then the PT file back onto my console, and start the game. When it reads my HDD, it told me my file was corrupted.

Whatever I did wrong, it must be a very minor misstep. Maybe I'll try rehashing and resigning via Modio when I get home from work, as, oftentimes, these types of tools are never 100% reliable in that aspect.

Just for future reference, Modio is unreliable. It bites you in the butt when you least expect it. At times, no matter how many times you have backed your file up and used an editing tool you know works, Modio still resigns or puts it on your Flash Drive wrong, corrupting it. There are much better tools out there. I use Horizon 360. Others have had great success with LeFluffie.

Just for future reference, Modio is unreliable. It bites you in the butt when you least expect it. At times, no matter how many times you have backed your file up and used an editing tool you know works, Modio still resigns or puts it on your Flash Drive wrong, corrupting it. There are much better tools out there. I use Horizon 360. Others have had great success with LeFluffie.

Ah, I'll just uninstall Modio and take it from there, then? I'd imagine that's what's ben going on, as I've used LeFluffie on my last few attempts to no avail. Thanks for that, man. It just doesn't seem like I'm doing anything wrong, and yet I get f**ked upon starting the game, so I know it has to be something very small I'm not seeing, and that may be my answer. :cool:

-------------------------------------------------

This is my process. Mind you, I still just have the original 1.7 most other people got with their initial download, so if it was still a fairly defective or primitive version when used with retail 360's, that would make alot of sense as to why nothing is working. Nevertheless, this is what I'm doing.

1. Start the game, load the HDD, and it tells me my PT file is corrupted. It asks if I want to proceed and start a new PT file from scratch; I click yes and go to the home menu.

2. Go to Create a Logo. Click yes when asked to start a new save file.

3. I only need 5 slots for the time being. So I go into each one, click 128x128, and go straight to Save.

4. Make sure it saves, before going back to my 360 Dashboard.

5. I go to Settings. Then System. Move my Profile to my flash drive. Then go into 2K14 and move the Custom Logos file onto my flash drive. And remove the flash drive from the console.

6. Insert flash drive into the computer and open USBXTAFGUI_v44. Extract the 00PaintTool file into the same folder containing KG's program. The pics I wanna use are in the folder as well.

7. Open the program, load the pt file, and add the photos (they have been sized 128x128 and saved in A8R8G8B8 dds format...I know all about doing that part), and I click Save after each photo before moving to the next one.

8. When I am finished, I hit the Fix button and wait for it to rebuild, rehash, and resign, which might take about 3 to 5 minutes on my laptop.

9. I exit the program, go into Horizon or LeFluffie and rehash/resign the file with my console ID numbers one more time to be sure.

10. Delete the existing pt file on my flash drive via USBXTAFGUI_v44, and inject the new fixed file. Wait a second before taking it out and putting the flash drive back into my 360.

11. I move my Profile back onto my Hard drive first, and then the Logos file.

12. Start the game. Start menu comes up. I press start. Press Accept. Select my hard drive. Wait for it load.

"Your Custom Logo data is damaged, and will be deleted,. Would you like to accept?"

....So is there anything you can pinpoint in there? :huh:

It could just be the editor not working for you. It wouldn't work for me no matter what I did, but the v1.8 update works perfectly. Doesn't look like you're doing anything wrong.

Also, you don't need to rehash and resign the fixed PT. The program does the job for me. Maybe try doing it without that step? It not you'll just have to wait for the next update.

If I buy this,is it just a case of opening a USB save and editing the pt file or will I need other save file editing software too?

Lol, anyone?

All you'll need is the editor. (Assuming you have the photo editing software to set the pics to the proper size/format

Thanks!!! I have the full adobe creative suite so I'm more than covered with image editing software. And its obviously via USB saves...I'll give this a shot...its only $18 so what the hell. I've been dying to do textured luchas...

Got the editor, thanks KG!

Tried to copy the gamedata to my USB Drive, but the Xbox wouldnt accept my USB Stick (1GB).

Installed paint.net as well and hope it works.

Getting kinda thrilled cause I always wanted a CAW of myself (face texture and tattoos).

Anyone got a suggestion for a tool that can Turn a picture/ pictures of a face into a face/head texture ?

Tried to copy the gamedata to my USB Drive, but the Xbox wouldnt accept my USB Stick (1GB).

Getting kinda thrilled cause I always wanted a CAW of myself (face texture and tattoos).

Anyone got a suggestion for a tool that can Turn a picture/ pictures of a face into a face/head texture ?

Gotta do that manually buddy. All it really is is taking pics at certain angles and blending them in a way that makes the skin look natural, making the texture look as if its skin has been "unrolled" from the skull.

In other news, I got the editor. I can confirm that it works great. I've used it 3 times now and it has worked 2 of those times. I believe the reason it didn't work that one time is because I used the PT file that already had logos in it? I put them in a clean slot on it, but it still came up corrupt.

Nevertheless, when I use a clean PT file, everything works perfectly. Thanks KG. I'll go spread the word on your videos now. Definitely worth $18.

Gotta do that manually buddy. All it really is is taking pics at certain angles and blending them in a way that makes the skin look natural, making the texture look as if its skin has been "unrolled" from the skull.

In other news, I got the editor. I can confirm that it works great. I've used it 3 times now and it has worked 2 of those times. I believe the reason it didn't work that one time is because I used the PT file that already had logos in it? I put them in a clean slot on it, but it still came up corrupt.

Nevertheless, when I use a clean PT file, everything works perfectly. Thanks KG. I'll go spread the word on your videos now. Definitely worth $18.

Perhaps using the Panorama feature on an iDevice (Or anything you may own that has the feature) may help with the texture. Go from ear to ear. Would still need to edit it a bit but saves you the time of taking multiple pics because of different shade, angle etc.

I feel like the ability to finally eliminate the middle man (In this case the PT fixer) is worth the money alone. Doing that was such a hassle. I really hope you're able to crack this for years to come.

Probably does, Kush. Don't see why it wouldn't. Just make sure you have the latest updated version; 2.0.

As I referred to earlier, I felt I was doing everything right, so whatever was leading to the corrupted pt file error had to be very small, and it was. Basically, 1.7 probably won't work for you. Turns out, with my screen resolution, the taskbar blocks the Update link, so I didn't see it. I thought KG was just sending updates to people who had issues. lol. So, I updated, did everything the same, and it worked. I am now texturing on my own after all the headache. lol. Thanks to KG for pointing out the location of the Update "button". ;)

Archived