440 replies to this topic

#1 Nazza

Nazza

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

5bdv.jpg

For anyone that watches Arrow or is interested in watching it, feel free to post about it. Also considering that season 2 started last night, please keep any spoilers in spoiler tabs. Arrow's a great show and it's definitely underated, I recommend for you guys to watch it.

#2 VirulentViperô

VirulentViperô

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,688 posts
  • SEN (PS3): VirulentViper
  • Twitter: @VirulentViper

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Awwwyeah! I didn't follow Arrow completely in Season 1.. I didn't catch EVERY episode but I saw most. Caught the Season 2 premiere last night though and it was awesome, really excited to see where the show goes from here.

#3 Bronson

Bronson

I Make Good Wrestle

• Members
  • 11,174 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

I enjoy this show, but it does get a little too 'teen-drama' at times.

#4 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,068 posts
  • Gamertag: iTDAWIZ
  • SEN (PS3): TheRand0mHero89
  • Twitter: Rand0mHero

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

Spoiler

#5 Ewok_3000

Ewok_3000

• V.I.P
  • 36,572 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Season 1 just ended a few weeks ago here in NZ. I kinda stopped watching it once they moved it from Wednesday to Thursday. Before that, it was on Monday. It was nice to see Huntress appear in the first season.

#6 Avatar Mallen

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,872 posts
  • SEN (PS3): darth_mallen

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

I liked arrow season 1 despite its problems, like stiff acting, inconsistent writing, sometimes getting a bit soap opera-y and...that ending! I didn't mind it too much but there were no bright sides to it! Damn depressing!
Even so looking forward to season 2, doesn't start in the UK till the 21st.

#7 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 18,445 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Shows like these make me wonder why they don't make shows starring the marquee heroes, like Batman, Superman, X-Men for example. There's "Smallville" but again there was no superhero suit there, or agents of SHIELD but no Captain America or Thor. Just my observation.

#8 VirulentViperô

VirulentViperô

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,688 posts
  • SEN (PS3): VirulentViper
  • Twitter: @VirulentViper

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Holy. Crap. That Season 2 premiere.. Amell is really hyping this upcoming episode, too. Calling it a 42 minute movie.

#9 Nazza

Nazza

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

I know it was amazing! Can't wait to see the next episode :D

#10 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 18,445 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

I like Green Arrow, but I've always thought, if he loses his arrows, is he screwed?

#11 Ewok_3000

Ewok_3000

• V.I.P
  • 36,572 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

Shows like these make me wonder why they don't make shows starring the marquee heroes, like Batman, Superman, X-Men for example. There's "Smallville" but again there was no superhero suit there, or agents of SHIELD but no Captain America or Thor. Just my observation.

Because the ones you mentioned are marquee heroes. If there were a tier system for superheroes, Batman, Superman etc would be at the top, with Green Arrow being 2nd-tier, maybe even 3rd-tier. Plus they can make much more money with those heroes through movies. The Birds of Prey also had a TV series, but it ended up getting cancelled. And the Wonder Woman TV series didn't even get past the pilot.

I like Green Arrow, but I've always thought, if he loses his arrows, is he screwed?

Yes and no. While he specializes with arrows, he also is good at hand-to-hand combat. Not on the same level as Batman, but still good nonetheless.

#12 Crazy Moon

Crazy Moon

I'll slap you in the face with a strip of watermelon!

• Members
  • 15,420 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Because the ones you mentioned are marquee heroes. If there were a tier system for superheroes, Batman, Superman etc would be at the top, with Green Arrow being 2nd-tier, maybe even 3rd-tier. Plus they can make much more money with those heroes through movies. The Birds of Prey also had a TV series, but it ended up getting cancelled. And the Wonder Woman TV series didn't even get past the pilot.

Yes and no. While he specializes with arrows, he also is good at hand-to-hand combat. Not on the same level as Batman, but still good nonetheless.

To me, Ollie has always been DC's Iron Man and vice versa. Rich comedic playboy that's very very well known for his suit/arrows, but is still very very great without them. 

This show just came out on Netflix so I'm going to be watch this soon. 

#13 Bronson

Bronson

I Make Good Wrestle

• Members
  • 11,174 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

"Laurel" is such a horrible actress. And why can't her name just be Dinah, for *censored*s sake

#14 Lunchbox

Lunchbox

Mr. Wonderful

• Global Moderator
  • 23,068 posts
  • Gamertag: iTDAWIZ
  • SEN (PS3): TheRand0mHero89
  • Twitter: Rand0mHero

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

To me, Ollie has always been DC's Iron Man and vice versa. Rich comedic playboy that's very very well known for his suit/arrows, but is still very very great without them. 

Never thought of it that way, i always viewed Batman and Ironman in the same light. Both billionares who used there wealth to fund there crime fighting hobby.

#15 Ewok_3000

Ewok_3000

• V.I.P
  • 36,572 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

Never thought of it that way, i always viewed Batman and Ironman in the same light. Both billionares who used there wealth to fund there crime fighting hobby.

That's how I've always seen it, London.

#16 Crazy Moon

Crazy Moon

• Members
  • 15,420 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

That was just an observation I came to myself. Tony leaned more to Olliver than Bruce for me with the humor.

I'm about halfway through the episode where Olliver gets arrested. Been really enjoying the show.
Actually... Olliver doesn't really need his money to fund him.. He uses arrows and bows. Quite sure that's way less than batgadgets and unibeam technology.

#17 Bronson

Bronson

I Make Good Wrestle

• Members
  • 11,174 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'm about halfway through the episode where Olliver gets arrested. Been really enjoying the show.
Actually... Olliver doesn't really need his money to fund him.. He uses arrows and bows. Quite sure that's way less than batgadgets and unibeam technology.

He does use a ton of specialty arrows though.

#18 RazR

RazR

Legend

• Members
  • 6,162 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

You know, this show does look interesting but I can't bear myself to watch it. The advertisements are really corny making it seem like it's this Peter Pan with a Hunting Bow killing people and at the same time, having this romantic relationship with some girl. It makes it seem like the demographic it seeks is teen girls and not the general audience. 

#19 Crazy Moon

Crazy Moon

• Members
  • 15,420 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

The finale had me on the edge of my cpuch the whole time. Can't wait til I start season 2 and see what comes of everything.

#20 Ska.

Ska.

Opener

• V.I.P
  • 477 posts
  • Gamertag: Lloyd135
  • Twitter: @lloyd_LED

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

This last episode was great. Season 2 is really picking up.