Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Lol *Censored*s be mad.

#42 Rockstar™

Rockstar™

Mundus Vult Decipi

• Members
  • 25,921 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

I have a feeling they purposefully left Big E, Fandango, Usos etc out so they can charge us for them as DLC later.

Well that is the definition of dlc

Unethical, but that's pretty common now a days.

#43 SuicidalKissesProduction™

SuicidalKissesProduction™

The Businessman With Standards

• Banned
  • 7,034 posts
  • Gamertag: SKPTymMisery216

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

When Fandango & Big E. debuted people here stated they'd be DLC, The Usos where tossed in for more DLC; quite frankly I don't see what they could have given us as DLC if Fandango, Big E. Langston and The Usos weren't DLC. Curtis Axel/The Wyats and RVD have no chance in hell of being DLC for this game.

#44 King RyderFan

King RyderFan

Live and let live!

• Members
  • 21,718 posts
  • Gamertag: Fight another fight for another day
  • SEN (PS3): Everything is changed but they should remain
  • Steam ID: I'm fighting until my fists stop feeling, my heart stops beating
  • Twitter: @Rated_CHZRFan

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

When Fandango & Big E. debuted people here stated they'd be DLC, The Usos where tossed in for more DLC; quite frankly I don't see what they could have given us as DLC if Fandango, Big E. Langston and The Usos weren't DLC. Curtis Axel/The Wyats and RVD have no chance in hell of being DLC for this game.

Mick Foley returned to WWE in November 2012 and they were able to get him as DLC for WWE '12. There's no excuse as to why RVD, Axel & The Wyatts should NOT be DLC.

#45 MKbuster

MKbuster

Opener

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Since people are talking DLC I'll post my 2 cents on it.

It should be started after the game is produced.

It should be created to enhance a game not complete it.

It should be cheap... ish...

With all of that said... the WWE franchise does it wrong imo. But they're not the only one.

In terms of the WWE DLC, I see no reason why guys like Axel, Wyatt etc... can't be in the game barring a general consensus of cba or "wait until next year - we need something to sell the same game again" and I'll explain why:

The last DLC pack usually comes around in January. They say it takes approximately 3 months to create a model. January is 3 months later than this games launch date so anyone who debuts between now and the launch should stand some sort of chance though they blatantly don't. In terms of someone specific like Wyatt - he wrestled on NXT for a while under the new gimmick so his moveset can be plucked from there and he debutted in July on RAW with a massive wave of hype behind him (vignettes started in May).

#46 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor

Wrestling's Greatest Fan

• Members
  • 14,193 posts
  • Gamertag: iamthedoctor666
  • SEN (PS3): iamthedoctor666
  • Twitter: iamthedoctor666

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Mick Foley returned to WWE in November 2012 and they were able to get him as DLC for WWE '12. There's no excuse as to why RVD, Axel & The Wyatts should NOT be DLC.

If they just made every one in the game what would they expect from fans to buy the next game. They have to have some new guys in the new game.

#47 LEGION

LEGION

Mein Imperium

• Members
  • 39,741 posts
  • Steam ID: Ectrasyl
  • Twitter: @SennaAsad

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

If they just made every one in the game what would they expect from fans to buy the next game. They have to have some new guys in the new game.
There will be new guys around Wrestlemania next year...

#48 Hylton

Hylton

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,767 posts
  • Gamertag: BrandonLonehart

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Big E Langston and Fandango..tell me, how many matches did they have before 'Mania again? Surely they should have been in based on those...

Cherry picking, nice. And you and Corey never said matches, you both stated "featured heavily". Fandango had a huge debut, loads of hype, Big E was in a program with ziggler, huge debut vs Cena. Maddox is a prime example of debuting but not having many matches, yet he was featured heavily in the punk/Ryback storyline. All three we're featured heavily from November to March.

But he hadn't wrestled on TV. What was 2k supposed to do, just go with the NXT gimmicks and movesets? Think about it, man.

I'd say the only reason Kharma was included in the game two years ago was because she was GOING to be featured, but couldn't be for obvious reasons.

#49 Rozay.

Rozay.

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

This will get better as they are now with a company that isn't broke.

#50 yohansigned

yohansigned

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,809 posts
  • SEN (PS3): yohansigned

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

I personally like the DLC character, DLC always have a good model, entrance, and winning animation..they usually have their own moves too..it always worth it for me

Cesaro, Ryback, Tensai, Sandow looks so great last year..so I expected Fandango entrance and winning animation to be awesome

#51 WWE CAWs.ws Champion

WWE CAWs.ws Champion

Lower Midcard

• Banned
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

I just wonder how long we'll have to wait for the confirmation of DLC.

#52 Hylton

Hylton

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

That's the big question. It's been perfectly explained as to WHY certain people won't be in the game; the fact that some people want to ignore that is irrelevant.

As it stands, the only person on the current roster I REALLY want is Big E. I hate Fandango and Curtis Axel is bland as bland can be, so neither of them are really important for me. The Usos would be nice, but not a deal breaker. Everything else is a bonus after Big E.

Edited by Hylton, 26 September 2013 - 03:08 AM.

#53 KlassX

KlassX

Opener

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Gamertag: KlassX

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

I don't understand how they can have so much of Wrestlemania 29 in the game, which was in april, and lock down the roster in march.

#54 Hylton

Hylton

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

I don't understand how they can have so much of Wrestlemania 29 in the game, which was in april, and lock down the roster in march.

Because characters take a long-ass time to make. Three months to make. Now take into consideration they start in November on the game, and they probably have all the models done by August so they can make sure they all work correctly (seeing as how the game is pressed around early October). That means one guy can make three characters by himself. That means it takes about 25 guys to get the whole roster done. Thats a lot of people working on one project.

Arenas use pretty much the same models with different textures on them. The same cannot be said about the character models.

#55 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor

Wrestling's Greatest Fan

• Members
  • 14,193 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:34 AM

That's the big question. It's been perfectly explained as to WHY certain people won't be in the game; the fact that some people want to ignore that is irrelevant.

As it stands, the only person on the current roster I REALLY want is Big E. I hate Fandango and Curtis Axel is bland as bland can be, so neither of them are really important for me. The Usos would be nice, but not a deal breaker. Everything else is a bonus after Big E.

Well its pretty why guys like Benoit, Owen, Wyatts, RVD wont be in but the others?

#56 WWE CAWs.ws Champion

WWE CAWs.ws Champion

Lower Midcard

• Banned
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

You know, I always get a bit teary eyed over the mention of Chris Benoit in a post about including him in WWE 2K14 due to the obvious reasons. I once created my own federation in S V R 2006 based on him and Eddie's move set, but others put in as CAWs and it was a wild card of fun. A month before he passed away in June of 2007, I for some random reason tracked down a VHS copy of that crappy pay-per-view from around 2000 where he won the WCW belt. Although that reign amounted to bugger all and was the start of a forerunner to the end of WCW, I still wanted to see it anyway, as it's still considered his first world title run before he won the 'big gold belt' once more in 2004. Even YouTube at the time did not yield an upload of him and Sid Vicious. I'd never seen it before and being a Benoit fan, I gave him the go ahead to carry on Eddie's legacy. When Eddie died, I was gutted. GUTTED! My favourite amigo, deceased and never to entertain anyone again. At the time, I thought of Benoit's honesty and passion, also being his best friend and I was like, I'll rely on him to carry on his legacy through the years. In a sad way, I felt let down that day I logged on to WWE.com and saw the haunting announcement. But I am not mad about it anymore. I don't hate the now jailed musician Phil Spector (from '50s group 'The Teddy Bears' either). I hate him for what he did also, yeah, but there is much appreciation from myself for his music and in Chris' case, for contributing to pro wrestling in his lifetime. I think a lot of people harshly blame Benoit for what happened, which is not fair. They are not really diagnostic folk that know the sacrifices that come with a job as a wrestler. I also like people to be remembered for the positive things they did and not the mistakes that branded them a f*ck up.  :(

However, I appreciate all he did for the industry while he was busting his ass (and brain cells) for the very profession he loved and it is sad how WWE has blanked him, although again I do not really feel I can hate WWE for such actions due to what transpired. It sucks he and Eddie are gone, but I can always create an original CAW that uses their moves in memory of them both.

Daniel Bryan actually reminds me of a young CB. He has had his fair share of career threatening injuries just as Chris did. Not many people know this, but Daniel is practically blind in one eye. His retina detached once, yet he risks losing his sight completely for to keep us entertained. His often retitled submission finisher sort of looks like the Crippler Cross face and he also does a diving head butt and various suplex chains that Chris based his repertoire around, so I think guys like him are keeping Chris' legacy alive even if it's not referenced at all. :)

Edited 4 spelling!

Edited by WWE CAWs.ws Champion, 28 September 2013 - 02:49 AM.

#57 MVallence90

MVallence90

Opener

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Gamertag: VLine90
  • Twitter: MValllence90

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

Because characters take a long-ass time to make. Three months to make

Arenas use pretty much the same models with different textures on them. The same cannot be said about the character models.
Well maybe they should change the character model process then. So are you of the belief they start everyone from scratch every single year....because 3 quarters if the roster have the exact same model they had last year, 2 years ago or even 3 in some cases. Most to me look like just a new textured added to the attire.

Look at Dolph this year and tell me that's a new model..nope it's a retexture, they could even give him his new boot (had since Mania 28) they just textured over his wwe 13 gear.

Keep jumpng to their defence all you want but it's a load of BS they say they run out of time when most of the roster have just been retextured.

Saying they need to hold things off for DLC is also garbage, DLC should only be started one the entire production is completed not 6 months before release.

Edited by MVallence90, 28 September 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#58 Counting Lights

Counting Lights

Life Finds A Way

• Members
  • 18,399 posts
  • Gamertag: None
  • SEN (PS3): GreendaleDragonS
  • Twitter: @TheeJakubDulak

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

Eh Fandango was hyped pretty big before his debut, so I'm sure WWE could have let them know he'd be big beforehand.

Big E debuted in December, Uso's have been around for a few years. Don't see how they didn't make it.

Edited by Giggity, 28 September 2013 - 03:08 AM.

#59 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor

Wrestling's Greatest Fan

• Members
  • 14,193 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

You know, I always get a bit teary eyed over the mention of Chris Benoit in a post about including him in WWE 2K14 due to the obvious reasons. I once created my own federation in S V R 2006 based on him and Eddie's move set, but others put in as CAWs and it was a wild card of fun. A month before he passed away in June of 2007, I for some random reason tracked down a VHS copy of that crappy pay-per-view from around 2000 where he won the WCW belt. Although that reign amounted to bugger all and was the start of a forerunner to the end of WCW, I still wanted to see it anyway, as it's still considered his first world title run before he won the 'big gold belt' once more in 2004.

Kevin Nash's post match comments about him getting a title shot on Nitro the next night.

#60 WWE CAWs.ws Champion

WWE CAWs.ws Champion

Lower Midcard

• Banned
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Come to think of it...Kevin Nash shot on them both. :cena: