#1 Hylton

Hylton

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,767 posts
  • Gamertag: BrandonLonehart

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

Cory Ledesma ‏@RealCoryLedesma 7h

Folks, the roster has to get locked down in March in order to get the game done in time. Lot of debuts since then. That's why we have DLC.
Expand
So there. It's official. The reason guys like Fandango, Big E Langston, RVD, The Wyatts, Curtis Axel and others aren't on there is because they weren't on TV or heavily featured on TV until after the cutoff date.

Edited by Hylton, 24 September 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#2 MVallence90

MVallence90

Opener

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Gamertag: VLine90
  • Twitter: MValllence90

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

So what on earth do they do between March and November, gameplay only has tweaks each year. Hopefully some upgrades to Universe and CAS but I'm not holding my breath.

I guess they get the current roster out of the way and then work on the legends mode, should do it other way round

#3 Generations

Generations

You want to see something...really scary?

• Members
  • 91,581 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

That dillweed specifically mentioned DLC. He better not be playing us.

#4 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

So what on earth do they do between March and November, gameplay only has tweaks each year. Hopefully some upgrades to Universe and CAS but I'm not holding my breath.

I guess they get the current roster out of the way and then work on the legends mode, should do it other way round

how long do u think it takes to create  the arenas im assumeing around the same time as the wrestlers added story mode it takes time

and he only said that the roster gets locked down in march they prob start creating the wrestler after it gets lock down sense they cant do it before hand

Edited by Da prophet2.0, 24 September 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#5 TheSevenYearItch

TheSevenYearItch

#NotAMotto

• Members
  • 7,971 posts
  • Gamertag: BambooAndBeats
  • Twitter: BadNewsBamboo

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

Big E Langston's debut was December 17th 2012. Let me know how far after March 2013 that was and how he has 0 chance of making the roster

#6 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Big E Langston's debut was December 17th 2012. Let me know how far after March 2013 that was and how he has 0 chance of making the roster

wwe also has the final say and big e didn't really have that big reason to be in the game

#7 MVallence90

MVallence90

Opener

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Gamertag: VLine90
  • Twitter: MValllence90

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

how long do u think it takes to create  the arenas im assumeing around the same time as the wrestlers added story mode it takes time

and he only said that the roster gets locked down in march they prob start creating the wrestler after it gets lock down sense they cant do it before hand

Zero chance they make the current roster AFTER Wrestlemania, why does everyone have an attire from 2012 then?

#8 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

because all the arenas are from 2012 everything base off last year wwe of course they start after the roster gets lock down as wwe  has to appove it 

Edited by Da prophet2.0, 24 September 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#9 MKbuster

MKbuster

Opener

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

@Da prophet2.0

You make it sound like one guy works on everything and has to do one thing at a time. They have different staff for different jobs and I can say with almost certainty that the guys who make the arenas do not also make the roster and vice versa. I'm sure some guys work on both but for the main part I'm pretty sure it would be seperate people working on seperate aspects.

On a side note. I find it funny that the roster is locked down before Wrestlemania... the biggest PPV of the year. Just sounds dumb. I mean come-on... the biggest event on the Wrestling calendar, the thing that changes things, and we cut things off before then? XD.

If they'd just put in a full roster each year then these "debuts" wouldn't be excluded bar those who actually debut/re-debut. By this I mean that if a guy like Axel was created anyway (under the McGillicutty persona), regardless of TV time we'd actually have him on the roster if and when he actually recieves a damn push he'd be in the game... and all they would have to do is rename him. In this scenario, DLC would be fine for a guy like RVD who wouldn't be created as he wasn't even on the pay-roll back then.

#10 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

@Da prophet2.0

You make it sound like one guy works on everything and has to do one thing at a time. They have different staff for different jobs and I can say with almost certainty that the guys who make the arenas do not also make the roster and vice versa. I'm sure some guys work on both but for the main part I'm pretty sure it would be seperate people working on seperate aspects.

On a side note. I find it funny that the roster is locked down before Wrestlemania... the biggest PPV of the year. Just sounds dumb. I mean come-on... the biggest event on the Wrestling calendar, the thing that changes things, and we cut things off before then? XD.

If they'd just put in a full roster each year then these "debuts" wouldn't be excluded bar those who actually debut/re-debut. By this I mean that if a guy like Axel was created anyway (under the McGillicutty persona), regardless of TV time we'd actually have him on the roster if and when he actually recieves a damn push he'd be in the game... and all they would have to do is rename him. In this scenario, DLC would be fine for a guy like RVD who wouldn't be created as he wasn't even on the pay-roll back then.

well to be fair we don't no how big yukes team is im only going by what they said that it take I believe 3 to 4 months to create one guy 

#11 GameGodOfAll

GameGodOfAll

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • SEN (PS3): GameGodOfAll

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

Sooooo Fandango, Big E, Usos and Bellas debuted in April 2013.  Hmmph.  I didn't realize that.

#12 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

plus going buy how many games yukes make there a small team  so I don't expect them to have a lot of people working  and if they lose wwe license they prob go bankrupted

#13 MKbuster

MKbuster

Opener

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

well to be fair we don't no how big yukes team is im only going by what they said that it take I believe 3 to 4 months to create one guy 

Don't believe everything a PR guy tells you. That said, I wouldn't be suprised if it took that long but again they don't just make one model at a time. Otherwise we'd have a 4-man roster by that logic.

It's not 3 months of solidly working on one guy - it's 3 months of working on loads of guys which is great... but complete the damn roster before adding all of the extra bells & whistles.

The problem is that they create all (well most) of the people that were "on TV" (i.e. RAW) at the time of the cut-off and ignore everyone else, not anticipating the fact that the world of wrestling is ever-changing and as such people will be pushed between March and the release date in October... that's 7 months for crying out loud.

I'll agree, we don't know how big the Yukes team is... but it's not going to consist of a few guys in a room now is it... Otherwise the credits at the end of the game would be 10secs long.

#14 josesaladbar

josesaladbar

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Zero chance they make the current roster AFTER Wrestlemania, why does everyone have an attire from 2012 then?

because they dont get to march and THEN start creating people for the game. it often appears to be that the dead certs for the game are made first (late 2012), its always been the way that some of the lower roster has had more recent attires and this is exactly why. the  'march to november' thing someone above mentioned is irrelevant , march is the cutoff for the on disc roster, as much for logistical reasons as anything.

in the game a character needs at least 2 entrance announcements, then cole and king commentate on them. as wwe is constantly on the road, theres only going to be so many times they can all get together at once. 2k games is apparently based in new york, and wwe was in new york in march. i dont think thats any coincidence. the year before, thq was in california, and wwe was there a similar time of year.

therefore its pretty obvious why some people arent in the roster. presumably they do another VO session later in the year, when wwe is back in town for the dlc stuff.

#15 nystyle

nystyle

Legend

• Members
  • 7,818 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

it seems like it's just this year as marcus said in the past the final roster was due the last tuesday or April in the past. 

#16 Rockstar™

Rockstar™

Mundus Vult Decipi

• Members
  • 25,921 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Cory Ledesma ‏@RealCoryLedesma 7h

Folks, the roster has to get locked down in March in order to get the game done in time. Lot of debuts since then. That's why we have DLC.
Expand

So there. It's official. The reason guys like Fandango, Big E Langston, RVD, The Wyatts, Curtis Axel and others aren't on there is because they weren't on TV or heavily featured on TV until after the cutoff date.

No, March is an estimated cut off date; there are and there has been numerous exceptions. And FYI, the Uso's, Maddox, Dallas, Fandango and Big E were all featured heavily before March, some way back in November.

#17 Cooksie

Cooksie

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,136 posts
  • SEN (PS3): huntymoonavenue

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

I'm guessing they just wanted to wait for the likes of Fandango, Big E, and even in the case of like The Bellas, to have matches before they put them in the game to see if they needed to add anything specific to their moveset. Fandango would require a good amount of mo-cap to look accurate.

#18 MKbuster

MKbuster

Opener

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

because they dont get to march and THEN start creating people for the game. it often appears to be that the dead certs for the game are made first (late 2012), its always been the way that some of the lower roster has had more recent attires and this is exactly why. the  'march to november' thing someone above mentioned is irrelevant , march is the cutoff for the on disc roster, as much for logistical reasons as anything.

in the game a character needs at least 2 entrance announcements, then cole and king commentate on them. as wwe is constantly on the road, theres only going to be so many times they can all get together at once. 2k games is apparently based in new york, and wwe was in new york in march. i dont think thats any coincidence. the year before, thq was in california, and wwe was there a similar time of year.

therefore its pretty obvious why some people arent in the roster. presumably they do another VO session later in the year, when wwe is back in town for the dlc stuff.

The "march-to-november" thing isn't irrelevant. My point was that if they actually made the people who wern't on TV at the cut-off... they would actually be in the game in the event of said person getting TV time... so no... it's not irrelevant.

Case in point - Curtis Axel a.k.a Michael McGillicutty. Employed and on pay-roll... wrestling on all shows except RAW & Smackdown and got The Rock match ready for Wrestlemania.

And before people start... I'm not suggesting that they make guys like Kassius Ohno or Corey Graves because they've only ever been on NXT (even though it is televised here in the UK). But someone like Curtis Axel, Fandango, Tyson Kidd, The Bella Twins (who returned in March for the record) etc... should have had models made (under their old personas in the case of Axel & Fandango - though Fandango was actually involved heavily on TV anyway so there really is no excuse).

Edited by MKbuster, 25 September 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#19 xjakexryanx

xjakexryanx

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Gamertag: xXxjakeryanxXx

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

Seriously, if it takes you seven months to add maybe 20 characters to a game, then recycle characters from last year...

well then... you are DOING YOUR JOB WRONG!!!

#20 --The Mental--

--The Mental--

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,871 posts
  • SEN (PS3): TGreatOne
  • Steam ID: MrRonald2796

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

Bullshit