Supernatural TV Show

SproilerBlotch

Favorite part of last nights ep

R5PWV10.gif

I don't trust Ezekiel. I think he's just using Sam & Dean.

And Abaddon is a badass lol.

I'm beginning to suspect that Ezekial is actually Lucifer who tricked Sam into saying yes. Maybe when Metatron expelled all Angels from Heaven, the spell set Lucifer and Michael free.

Yeah I suspect that too. But that'll mean he's weak right now because his wings are frail. And he needs to tap into Sam's vessel to regain his strength. Lol holy crap, I hope that's not true.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd episode was pretty good. Misha Collins is great. Bartholowmew is already a lame Dick Roman esq character so I am ambivelent about the future season already... Not a good sign

Next weeks episode has my least favorite character that has ever been on Supernatural... I hate Charlie... I hate her character so, so much. Will most certainly be skipping next weeks ep.

Whatever happened to the days of great Female characters like Jess, Bella, Ruby, Jo and Ellen?

Haven't watch any of the new episodes. The show is hit or miss with me. I enjoy the show the most when it's the unholy love child of the X Files and the Evil Dead. Sam decipating a vampire with barbed wire, invisible dogfight, anything Castiel but then there are the melodramatic moments, Sam being a dick and nobody calling him out on it, or the show not giving crap about it's own mythology(backdoor to Hell, really?).

What do any of you guys think about the new season? That epic finale makes want to tune in, but Supernatural has screwed up promising stories before. Also, Charlie is coming back? What the hell! There should be a rule that Felicia Day doesn't guest star in shows that actually feature serious acting!

Just watched all three episodes, great to see the show keep up the consistency of Season 8. Cas and Crowley like usual are stealing the show. My only complaint is that every single newly introduced villian seems like a cheap version of a previous one.

Female Reaper-Meg

New Angel Boss-Dick Roman, who already was a weak version of Zachariah

Only the angel who Cas met in the season's first episode had a hint of originality. She seemed to still have some affection for Cas and seemed to actually like Earth while still pissed with everything that happened. And she got killed in the first episode.

I was planning on skipping the Charlie episode, but Crowley interacting with Supernatural's version of the Wicked Witch? Sold!

I think that was the problem for seasons 6,7, & 8. They have the tendency to go away from the mythology and show random " monster of the week " episodes. When they focus on the main story, the season flows by really good and it's fun to tune in because you're wondering what's going to happen next. This season so far has been great imo.

I think the monster of the week format would work a lot better if they could integrate it without making it look so forced.When it's obvious they have something more important to do, they look like morons for wasting time on one monster.

I liked the format in season 4 where the Angels and Demons were going at it against each other and when things quieted down on both sides, the brothers decided to stick to the average monsters until one of the big players made another move. Some of my all time favorite MOTW episodes happened in this season.Monster Movie, Yellow Fever, Criss Angel is a Douchebag, and the one with the suicidal teddy bear.

Season 6 is actually my favorite season of the series as unpopular as that may sound. I really, really loved the Soulless Sam plot and that the writers had the balls to do something like that. The only problem with Season 6 was Eve. The plot was stupid and the actor they got to play her was no offence, terrible.

Season 6 had has 3 of the top 10 episodes in the whole season; The French Mistake, The Man Who Would Be Kind and The Man Who Knew Too much.

The First two episodes of Season 7 were so damn awesome then the Season fell off the largest cliff in the world. Sams hell storyline ended in such a dumb way that it makes everything TNA has ever done look great.

Season 8 killed it's own threats almost immediatly. They immediatly killed Purgatory. That Purgatory looks like paradise to what they showed at the end of Season 7. They killed hell and The Trials ended up being a giant waste of an entire Season.

Again. Supernatural has some kickass main-plot episodes but their fillers are almost always offensivly bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the Charlie episode and that episode took all the good will Season 9 was building up. Besides the annoying presence that was Charlie, a lot of Supernatural's usual crutches made their return.

- The new character being all badass and talking the boys down. These are the guys who sealed up the devil! Everytime somebody gives them sass and they just take it makes them look like bitches.

-Ignoring their own continuity. They had already searched the place when looking for clues about purifying a demon last season, but apparently their batcave still has placedsthey haven't explored which implies that Dean and Sam half assed it when they were looking for clues last season.

-Making the Winchesters look like idiots. A witch that can't be killed by regular means? Why not even mention the fact that they have Angel blades that have worked on every monster that it's been used on.

Bad episode, but Crowley still is pretty awesome.

These past few episodes have been underwhelming to say the least. I hope they pick it up soon.

Agreed, can't say there is really a whole lot that I like so far. I really hope they do something big soon, my interest is dieing. The filler eps have been bad and the main eps have been underwhelming.

Episode 20 is going to be huge

Details have emerged about the "Supernatural" spinoff that The CW has in the works, and it looks like fans of the long-running series could be seeing it pretty soon.

At the Television Critics Association Summer 2013 press tour, The CW president Mark Pedowitz said the "Supernatural" spinoff would be set in Chicago and will be planted in the show's upcoming ninth season.

Executive producers Jeremy Carver and Robert Singer told Entertainment Weekly earlier this week that the "Supernatural" spinoff is currently scheduled to be introduced to viewers as Season 9, Episode 20. Carver told EW that if The CW picks it up, the show will “explore the clashing monster and human characters," and "have main characters who are both human and monsters.” That will include,“families of monsters and families of hunters," Singer added, pointing out that the spinoff is "much more of an ensemble than 'Supernatural.'"

Though Pedowitz said that he didn't think there are "any plans for [regular] characters on 'Supernatural'" to be on the spinoff, the EPs told EW that the show's stars Jared Padelecki and Jensen Ackles will be a part of the Chicago-set spinoff. “Most spinoffs, you spin characters out and create a show about them. Jared and Jensen will be in the spinoff, but it’s an entirely different cast of characters,” Singer said. Will some of those characters be female? "Hopefully, depends how they craft the show," Pedowitz noted at TCA.

As for "Supernatural," The CW's current longest-running series, Pedowitz said he sees the show continuing to a Season 10 and perhaps beyond. "I would love 'Supernatural' to continue for as long as they can continue, as long as they have great stories to tell," Pedowitz said at the TCAs. "From what I've read, Jeremy Carver is writing arcs that could go longer. As long as fans are there and ratings are there, there's no reason it couldn't continue ... If they can still tell great stories and Jared and Jensen still want to do it, why wouldn't you continue?"

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/30/supernatural-spinoff-backdoor-pilot_n_3677296.html

Oh please god no. This show does not need a spinoff, it just needs to end. This show cannot continue great stories.... well if each season was like 8 episodes long with no fillers..... GREAT! I whole heartedly endorse this. But I will stop watching this show after Season 10 whether it continues or not

Oh please god no. This show does not need a spinoff, it just needs to end. This show cannot continue great stories.... well if each season was like 8 episodes long with no fillers..... GREAT! I whole heartedly endorse this. But I will stop watching this show after Season 10 whether it continues or not

I'm 50/50 about it. But I agree on the latter. No more filler. Please.

I don't mind them introducing new protagonist / anthologist in a spin-off, but they MUST keep the current characters too.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the spinoff could(but probably won't) work. Ensemble shows thrive in the 20+ episode per season format and there are plenty of stories about the show's world that the show itself hasn't touched or done well. How do other individuals who aren't hunters interact with the supernatural? What is the world's state after the Leviathans almost took over and the angels fell? Monsters trying to reverse their condition, the remainders of the Pagan Gods after Lucifer slaughtered most of them, monsters in powerful positions. Plenty of stuff to play with.

A couple of more things to point out: Abaddon ( The Queen of Hell ) is still out there. Castiel has his grace back. It's weaker than his original one, but at least he's an Angel again. Crowley, the former King, seems to embrace his human side. I wonder what's going to happen when Dean releases him... January 14th is going to be an eternity.

Archived