Star Wars: Battlefront Series

Jmerc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHANGE WILL BE A CONSTANT IN STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II

A Message from John Wasilczyk, Executive Producer at DICE

Since the start of the project, listening to fans has been important in making sure Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II is the very best experience for all of you. We’ve done this with the closed alpha, through the beta last month, and our Play First Trial. And we continue to make adjustments based on your feedback as the game launches worldwide this week. Listening, and providing choices in how you play, will always be our principle with Star Wars Battlefront II. We want to ensure the game is balanced and fun both today and for years into the future.

Making games great comes from regular tuning. As one example, today we’re making a substantial change based on what we’ve seen during the Play First trial. There’s been a lot of discussion around the amount of in-game credits (and time) it takes to unlock some of our heroes, especially Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Unlocking a hero is a great accomplishment in the game, something we want players to have fun earning. We used data from the beta to help set those levels, but it’s clear that more changes were needed.

So, we’re reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock the top heroes by 75%. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now be available for 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa for 10,000 credits; and Iden at 5,000 credits. Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.

It's a big change, and it’s one we can make quickly. It will be live today, with an update that is getting loaded into the game.

We’ve also been listening to how much you’re loving features in the game (Starfighter Assault, 40 player MP battles, Darth Maul lightsaber throws, etc.) as well as what you haven’t liked. We know some of our most passionate fans, including those in our subreddit, have voiced their opinions, and we hear you. We’re making the changes to the credit levels for unlocking heroes and we’re going to keep making changes to improve the game experience over time. We welcome the conversation.

In fact, this Wednesday we’d like you to join us for a Reddit AMA with some of the key leads on our team. Stay tuned to our social channels for more info on the AMA, and our blog for continual updates on what we’re seeing, hearing and adjusting in the game.

For those of you already playing, thank you. For those of you looking forward to playing the Star Wars™ game you’ve been waiting for, thank you, too. The team is fully committed to listening to our community, continually adjusting the game, and providing even more great Star Wars content over the upcoming months and years of live service updates. More to come.

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/swbfii-changes-launch?ts=1510610673416&cid=41288&__prclt=PMxghFDF

Cool to hear that they are making some big changes, quickly based on feedback!

CHANGE WILL BE A CONSTANT IN STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II

A Message from John Wasilczyk, Executive Producer at DICE

Since the start of the project, listening to fans has been important in making sure Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II is the very best experience for all of you. We’ve done this with the closed alpha, through the beta last month, and our Play First Trial. And we continue to make adjustments based on your feedback as the game launches worldwide this week. Listening, and providing choices in how you play, will always be our principle with Star Wars Battlefront II. We want to ensure the game is balanced and fun both today and for years into the future.

Making games great comes from regular tuning. As one example, today we’re making a substantial change based on what we’ve seen during the Play First trial. There’s been a lot of discussion around the amount of in-game credits (and time) it takes to unlock some of our heroes, especially Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Unlocking a hero is a great accomplishment in the game, something we want players to have fun earning. We used data from the beta to help set those levels, but it’s clear that more changes were needed.

So, we’re reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock the top heroes by 75%. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now be available for 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa for 10,000 credits; and Iden at 5,000 credits. Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.

It's a big change, and it’s one we can make quickly. It will be live today, with an update that is getting loaded into the game.

We’ve also been listening to how much you’re loving features in the game (Starfighter Assault, 40 player MP battles, Darth Maul lightsaber throws, etc.) as well as what you haven’t liked. We know some of our most passionate fans, including those in our subreddit, have voiced their opinions, and we hear you. We’re making the changes to the credit levels for unlocking heroes and we’re going to keep making changes to improve the game experience over time. We welcome the conversation.

In fact, this Wednesday we’d like you to join us for a Reddit AMA with some of the key leads on our team. Stay tuned to our social channels for more info on the AMA, and our blog for continual updates on what we’re seeing, hearing and adjusting in the game.

For those of you already playing, thank you. For those of you looking forward to playing the Star Wars™ game you’ve been waiting for, thank you, too. The team is fully committed to listening to our community, continually adjusting the game, and providing even more great Star Wars content over the upcoming months and years of live service updates. More to come.

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/swbfii-changes-launch?ts=1510610673416&cid=41288&__prclt=PMxghFDF

Cool to hear that they are making some big changes, quickly based on feedback!

It only took EA getting the most downvoted comment in Reddit history to do it. Lol

They still deserve credit for actually making a change and this fast. They have shown since the beginning of BFII to listen to community feedback and actually considering catering to them and this prove they are even when

almost post release

They don't though, it's a pretend change. It'd be lke lowering the price of your rent but also, your wage is cut in half too. It's gonna be the same

I'm hoping this game fails miserably/the same for games doing the same thing

I may have to get this - My 6 year old daughter is just discovering the joys of Star Wars, so maybe I can put it down as a semi birthday present for her? :laugh::shift:

If you disagree with their ways then don't buy but actually hoping the game fails so badly is selfish and being a mega dick

It's called a sacrifice. If it fails miserably, then they will *Censored* off with their pay to win shit. If EA pull out, maybe someone else will take the IP

If you disagree with their ways then don't buy but actually hoping the game fails so badly is selfish and being a mega dick

But attempting to bleed vulnerable adults of their money and introducing children to gambling isn't selfish and being a mega dick.

Honestly shocked Disney would allow this to be in one of their ip's games. With how family friendly they are.

I want Dice to keep developing Star Wars games and I don't hate EA as much as others. I hope this game becones the highest selling Star Wars video game of all time and we'll just see who gets their wish granted.

The game seems amazing but it has some grinding and microtransactions or something and so yeah boooo let the game fail hard

I want Dice to keep developing Star Wars games and I don't hate EA as much as others. I hope this game becones the highest selling Star Wars video game of all time and we'll just see who gets their wish granted.

The game seems amazing but it has some grinding and microtransactions or something and so yeah boooo let the game fail hard

In what way is 40 hours to unlock one character "some?"

what if WWE 2K made it so that you pay $60 for the game, then you had to either play for 40 hours to unlock Brock Lesnar (also everyone else on the roster is 40 hours each) and your starting roster is only Heath Slater and Curt Hawkins but then you can pay a $80 microtransaction to get everyone to avoid the years of grinding it would take get everyone normally

and then also, the guys you fight get shit like "double attack bonus" "your HP will recover during the match"

Yeah mine is and totally not you two because you disagree with those additions, even though a change was made

Was it changed though? sure they lowered how much they cost but they also lowered how much you earn

If they make a 100k purchase 10k but also drop how much you earn by 10 times, sure it looks better but it's exactly the same, is it not?

If the game was free to play, cool do what they want but this is a fully priced game

The rest of the game is being praised though, so not everything is so bad that you should hope for it to completly fail. There are already people bitching online about the grinding and stuff, that should be enough.

I said before, we'll see who gets their wish granted and yet I'm the selfish one? I'm saying good luck and we'll see what happens

The rest of the game is being praised though, so not everything is so bad that you should hope for it to completly fail. There are already people bitching online about the grinding and stuff, that should be enough.

I said before, we'll see who gets their wish granted and yet I'm the selfish one? I'm saying good luck and we'll see what happens

Yeah but what if WWE 19 only let you use Hawkins and Mojo Rawley and the rest had to be unlocked using VC and it takes 40 hours to get the first one, which is James Ellsworth

the unlock all costs three times the game costs

You can also get lootboxes which comes with a 1/5000 chance of having a wrestler in it

The general outrage doesn't stem purely from the overpriced heroes, which EA have now reduced from 60,000 credits to 10,000 (how nice of them). The actual issue is EA being EA and ruining the game with micro transactions. its pay to win, the whole progression system is broken, the loot boxes are trash and EA are purposefully making it a tedious grind in order to get people to shell out more money. It's disgusting and totally deserving of all the negativity its been getting online.

The biggest shame of it all is this game does actually looks great, its clear to see all the hard work DICE has put into creating the world of Star Wars.

Archived