Handsome Superstars

Faster Than Light

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking strictly as a straight man, I'm surprised that Wade Barrett has a bit of a following. I was always under the impression he was pretty bad looking.

This is so f***in' gay.

You enjoy a past-time where two men play-wrestle in their underwear. You have no right to judge what's gay and what's not.

Speaking strictly as a straight man, I'm surprised that Wade Barrett has a bit of a following. I was always under the impression he was pretty bad looking.

This is so f***in' gay.

You enjoy a past-time where two men play-wrestle in their underwear. You have no right to judge what's gay and what's not.

The same can be said for so many sports.

Try again-

"This is so gay" "This is so wrong"

Stfu. People are enjoying this just as much as straight men enjoy the Sexiest Diva/Women threads. Just because you're insecure and uncomfortable with men talking about other men in this way doesn't make it wrong.

This is so f***in' gay.

Try again-

That's not the point I'm trying to make. You came into a thread named 'Handsome Superstars' and complained about it being 'gay'. What the hell were you expecting? It's just childish and show how insecure you are, especially when you enjoy a past-time with such homosexual undertones as pro-wrestling.

This is so f***in' gay.

Try again-

That's not the point I'm trying to make. You came into a thread named 'Handsome Superstars' and complained about it being 'gay'. What the hell were you expecting? It's just childish and show how insecure you are, especially when you enjoy a past-time with such homosexual undertones as pro-wrestling.

Don't listen to Vii Kay Oh, he's already got a reputation on here as being a bit of a numpty.

Lets get back on topic;

I'm not gay or bi, but Drew McIntyre has dat hair

a past-time with such homosexual undertones as pro-wrestling.

I'm sorry but, no. If it has any sexual orientation tones, strictly based in the product of wrestling; not counting storylines, it is entirely based upon perspective and subjection. Alas, there are no undertones.

It's a sport that features two half-naked oily men trying to pin each other down to the ground to secure domination. How can you not see any sexual undertones?

I'm sorry but, no. If it has any sexual orientation tones, strictly based in the product of wrestling; not counting storylines, it is entirely based upon perspective and subjection. Alas, there are no undertones.

It's a sport that features two half-naked oily men trying to pin each other down to the ground to secure domination. How can you not see any sexual undertones?

Because it's all based on interpretation. Physical sports can be perceived in various ways. Would you say BJJ has sexual undertones in the sport because they grapple and in some cases chokes are done that are very close to genitalia? Isn't that an insecurity? The same one you chastised another member of. All I am saying is it's based entirely upon interpretation and perception.

And to answer your question, because I am comfortable with my sexuality; witnessing half naked men wrestling each other in a competitive manner, I don't automatically associate and equate that to anything sexual. Competitive sports and sports entertainment are in the middle of the paradigm of sexuality. It is not designed to pander or even promote any undertone/s or even imply any sexual references to the target audience. Whether anyone perceives them to, it doesn't change the fact that the forms of entertainment are completely asexual.

Feel free to disagree/agree, I'm not dismissing your's and anyone else's opinion/s on this matter. Just my two cents :)

Because it's all based on interpretation. Physical sports can be perceived in various ways. Would you say BJJ has sexual undertones in the sport because they grapple and in some cases chokes are done that are very close to genitalia? Isn't that an insecurity? The same one you chastised another member of. All I am saying is it's based entirely upon interpretation and perception.

And to answer your question, because I am comfortable with my sexuality; witnessing half naked men wrestling each other in a competitive manner, I don't automatically associate and equate that to anything sexual. Competitive sports and sports entertainment are in the middle of the paradigm of sexuality. It is not designed to pander or even promote any undertone/s or even imply any sexual references to the target audience. Whether anyone perceives them to, it doesn't change the fact that the forms of entertainment are completely asexual.

Feel free to disagree/agree, I'm not dismissing your's and anyone else's opinion/s on this matter. Just my two cents :)

Good post. I would say BJJ does have some sexual undertones, but that's not exactly a bad thing. I just can't look at a triangle choke without thinking how sexual the whole thing looks. I'm not using this as an excuse to look down on anything. I'm a big fan of wrestling (obviously) and MMA.

My main point is that I just find it hard to believe that people can be fans of pro-wrestling/MMA and still be homophobic.

Archived