Football Thread

Faster Than Light

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of current developments at Bayern. The team was excellent, yet we still are going to see Guardiola doing massive experiments and changes to the team to Barcelonify it. Lahm was used as a midfielder in a recent friendly, some are suggesting that Gotze will be used as a false 9 and lots of people are excited by it, but I can't.

Not a fan of current developments at Bayern. The team was excellent, yet we still are going to see Guardiola doing massive experiments and changes to the team to Barcelonify it. Lahm was used as a midfielder in a recent friendly, some are suggesting that Gotze will be used as a false 9 and lots of people are excited by it, but I can't.

Agree on this, if he's gonna come and barcafy them I think it could somewhat backfire. Yes Pep did a fantastic job at Barcelona, but I genuinely believe most managers would have won pretty much everything with that team.

I thought that argument went out with the disaster that was Jordi Roura's interim job and Tito not doing as well as Guardiola. Not to mention how many managers would have come in and got rid of Ronaldinho and Deco straight away and replaced them with two academy products?

Agree on this, if he's gonna come and barcafy them I think it could somewhat backfire. Yes Pep did a fantastic job at Barcelona, but I genuinely believe most managers would have won pretty much everything with that team.

I actually do rate what he has done at Barcelona. He took that team and removed those who were seen as key players at the time (Ronaldinho, Deco, Thuram, Yaya Toure) and replaced them with unknown talent from the third division Barcelona B-side. That took some balls. His reshuffling kickstarted the careers of Busquets, Pedro and Pique, while it also gave a whole new dimension to those of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

However, I don't seE a need to switch it up at Bayern.

I thought that argument went out with the disaster that was Jordi Roura's interim job and Tito not doing as well as Guardiola. Not to mention how many managers would have come in and got rid of Ronaldinho and Deco straight away and replaced them with two academy products?

I'm still mad about Thiago, let me moan about Guardiola :( XD

Glad I'm not the only one. I was more sad then mad though :/

United always missed a chance to sign top players since what, 1992? when we fail to bring a player but then we bring Cantona. it's been like that since day one, we fail to persuade Sheringham but then we bought Solskjaer. Same with Ronaldinho in 2003 where at the end we signed that guy on my avy. Last year we missed both Eden&Lucas but then we signed Robin. this Thiago matter is not really surprising for me, though. i believe somehow Moyes signed a huge star to kickoff his era

Glad I'm not the only one. I was more sad then mad though :/

Sky reporting we've bid/preparing a £35million bid for Fabregas now. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, would they really sell him too? Surely if they did, they'd buy someone else. Valbuena's agent has said Barca have been in contact. hmmmmmm

If we somehow pulled this off I can already see the Arsenal fans reaction...

Lel, Barcelona would be dumb as *Censored* if they sold Cesc and Thiago and replaced him with soon to be 29 year old. Not going to happen.

I have to agree with you, I can't see this happening at all.

Also there's been two different prices reported as some places (BBC for example) are saying the bid is only £25 million while Sky are saying it's £35 million.

Lel, Barcelona would be dumb as *Censored* if they sold Cesc and Thiago and replaced him with soon to be 29 year old. Not going to happen.

Also there's been two different prices reported as some places (BBC for example) are saying the bid is only £25 million while Sky are saying it's £35 million.

Probably part of a plan to show 'we are still in for top players' yet they know a bid won't be accepted, just for show >< haha.

Reading that Arsenal are entitled to 50% of the tranfer fee if Fabregas leaves Barca? Surely not? If that's the case then there's 0% chance of this happening aha

Probably part of a plan to show 'we are still in for top players' yet they know a bid won't be accepted, just for show >< haha.

Reading that Arsenal are entitled to 50% of the tranfer fee if Fabregas leaves Barca? Surely not? If that's the case then there's 0% chance of this happening aha

I haven't seen anything about that. Doesn't Arsenal have first refusal on him? Which surely means that if they launch a bid he'd prefer to go to them as he's still on good terms with the team.

I haven't seen anything about that. Doesn't Arsenal have first refusal on him? Which surely means that if they launch a bid he'd prefer to go to them as he's still on good terms with the team.

They might have first refusal but surely they'd have to match the bid?

Yeah the would have to match our bid, but I'm sure they'd be okay with putting up £25-£30 million to get him if they knew they had a chance.

Marquinhos' agent has reportedly revealed that Manchester Utd have entered the race to sign the Roma man.

United's attempts to get Rooney to *Censored* off are interesting. First you had Ferguson saying he'd handed in a transfer request in his big speech. Now at first I thought that was Fergsuon just being his usual twatish self, I mean there was no reason to announce that then, but it seems like it's that and part of a move to get rid of him. With Moyes talking about him being a good sub for RVP and the new CEO saying they won't get him to sign a deal. I imagine most will just criticize Rooney for being stupid and a twat, which is true, but United seem quite happy to push him out the club.

Yeah the would have to match our bid, but I'm sure they'd be okay with putting up £25-£30 million to get him if they knew they had a chance.

Marquinhos' agent has reportedly revealed that Manchester Utd have entered the race to sign the Roma man.

I don't think United will bid the same amount PSG and/or Barcelona will bid for Marquinhos. Seems another bs rumour.

Gerrard extends.

United's attempts to get Rooney to *Censored* off are interesting. First you had Ferguson saying he'd handed in a transfer request in his big speech. Now at first I thought that was Fergsuon just being his usual twatish self, I mean there was no reason to announce that then, but it seems like it's that and part of a move to get rid of him. With Moyes talking about him being a good sub for RVP and the new CEO saying they won't get him to sign a deal. I imagine most will just criticize Rooney for being stupid and a twat, which is true, but United seem quite happy to push him out the club.

The Moyes saying he can fill in for RVP was more of a 'Rooney can play in many positions & if something happens to RVP we can comfortably move Wayne as the most forward striker' It's been exaggerated by the press this time.

Arsenal target Luis Suarez is open to the possibility of staying in the Premier League, according to Sky sources.

^ Lol @ this. All started off as 'I want to get away from the British media, they treat me unfair blah blah blah'...

Liverpool fans opinion if he joined Arsenal?

No. The moment Barcelona accepts a bid, Arsenal has the option to either activate a 25m clause (which, like a limited transfer clause, Barcelona must accept in those circumstances) or waive their rights on Fabregas. Then it's up to agreeing personal terms with Fabregas.

If those rights are waived and Fabregas signs for a different team, Arsenal will receive half of the transfer fee.

I'm real iffy on it as well. I have faith in Guardiola, but the team was just so amazing and in sync this season, it'd be a shame to change it up too much by bringing in loads of new players and having the old ones re-adjust to a potentially totally different play-style. The 4-2-3-1 had just started working really well, the players constantly knew where everyone else was and were going, making for some excellent plays. I have a hard time seeing where players who've been injured a good deal of the season coming back, like Kroos and Badstuber.. Gomez being injured and losing his first-pick status is what I see as the reason he ended up going to Fiorentina. when he got on the pitch he was amazing as usual.

Archived