ULTIMATE Chain-grapple moveset!

xirtamehtsitahw

I've found out how to create truly "counter-proof" chain-grapple moves--just place any chain-grapple move (preferably a finisher/sig--though NOT a created finisher) in the grappled-strike and struggle-submission slot for each chain grapple position. The AI will NEVER counter these "hacked moves", but you can't counter them, either, when the AI uses them--and they WILL use them!

Here is the list of chain grapples for all of my CAWs (don't worry--they all share the same set):

Front facelock: Chokeslam 04, Pedigree, The Last Ride, Batista Bomb; Wrist Lock: Stone Cold Stunner 01, Rock Bottom, Suplex Hammer, Tombstone Piledriver 03; Side Headlock: Underhook Piledriver, Future Shock, Cyclone 02, Two-handed Chokeslam 01; Rear Waistlock: Half-nelson Choke Suplex, Queen Suplex, Skull-crushing Finale, Hurricanrana DDT. As for the "counter-proof" moves--I can't remember all of them (and the SS ones don't "work" on Tables matches; they're replaced with other "counter-proof" moves such as the Gourdbuster and a generic powerbomb). However, I do still have access to the Square-button chain grapples, and they are thus: Front Facelock: Cross-Rhodes; Wrist Lock: Go-2-Sleep/GTS; Side Headlock: Attitude Adjustment 03; Rear Waistlock: Emerald Fusion. I'll post the SS chain grapple replacements in my next post.

Here are the SS chain grapple replacements I promised--Front Facelock: Zig-Zag; Wrist Lock: World's Strongest Slam; Side Headlock: Showstopper Legdrop; Rear Waistlock: Samoan Spike.

Together, that's a total of 24 at least nearly counter-proof moves you can use. The sixteen actual chain-grapple moves (those in the normal chain-grapple slots) can only be countered by the AI by transitioning your grapple animation into one of theirs. The moves themselves are counter-proof, though. I usually play only as my CAWs in Universe mode, unless I get a hankering for playing as the likes of Taker or Kane, or some other powerful wrestler (like Triple H, for instance). I can still (usually) win with pretty much anyone against anyone else (I've actually beaten the likes of Kane with Santino! LOL).

Even though those hacked grapples do tons of damage, they only do the minimum damage that a finisher can do (due to my slider settings :P ), so matches take a satisfying length of time to complete, and are peppered with lots of countering and grapple transitions, to make for an exciting match. I know I usually win, but I have to really work for it, making my wins more worthwhile, in my opinion.

Archived