The Pop/R&B Thread

Oldsie

I don't know if I am going to listen to it, if I'm being honest. I am just never really a fan of posthumous albums. They don't feel real to me. :lol: I am just going to stick to listening to Ben, Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad etc. :lol: I am a huge Michael fan, though. Have been since the age of 5.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should give it a chance though. Unlike Michael, it doesn't come across as a poor excuse to make even more money. The track selection is great and pretty much any of the songs wouldn't feel out of place on any of his actual studio albums.

I didn't want to listen to it either at first, but then I heard Love Never Felt So Good, which sounds like something off Off the Wall. There's not a single bad song on it - reworked or original versions - which was unexpected, since Michael was mostly whack. Hold My Hand, oh gawd.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone on here listen to Jhene Aiko or SZA?

You should give it a chance though. Unlike Michael, it doesn't come across as a poor excuse to make even more money. The track selection is great and pretty much any of the songs wouldn't feel out of place on any of his actual studio albums.

I didn't want to listen to it either at first, but then I heard Love Never Felt So Good, which sounds like something off Off the Wall. There's not a single bad song on it - reworked or original versions - which was unexpected, since Michael was mostly whack. Hold My Hand, oh gawd.

Loving You, Slave To The Rhythm are amazing. I'm actually pretty upset how they ruined A Place With No Name.

I've listened to SZA, the original version of Babylon is one of my favourite songs to have come out this year.

Yeah the original is much better. I love her style.

Same. I love the Bjork influences and the psychedelic sounds she gels with her voice.

That's not to say I didn't love the version with Kendrick but I really felt like he dominated SZA's part. It's as if she became completely forgettable on what was her best song to date, imo.

I've listened to SZA, the original version of Babylon is one of my favourite songs to have come out this year.

Same. I love the Bjork influences and the psychedelic sounds she gels with her voice.

That's not to say I didn't love the version with Kendrick but I really felt like he dominated SZA's part. It's as if she became completely forgettable on what was her best song to date, imo.

Thought I was the only one who noticed the Bjork influence. Cool. And have you heard Child's Play with Gambino?

Thought I was the only one who noticed the Bjork influence. Cool. And have you heard Child's Play with Gambino?

It's Chance the Rapper but yeah, I heard it. Thought it was cool, beat is kinda boring but I like how SZA uses her vocals over it.

Chance's verse is nice but overlaps SZA's part as soon as he comes in. Apart from those flaws, decent.

I haven't listened to the whole EP yet, though, wondering if it's really worth the listen. Saw mixed reviews on it.

It's Chance the Rapper but yeah, I heard it. Thought it was cool, beat is kinda boring but I like how SZA uses her vocals over it.

Chance's verse is nice but overlaps SZA's part as soon as he comes in. Apart from those flaws, decent.

I haven't listened to the whole EP yet, though, wondering if it's really worth the listen. Saw mixed reviews on it.

I tend to like mixtapes more than albums. Artists tend to have more creative control with the mixtapes. And yeah he indeed overlapped her part.

Same here. It depends, though, because - for instance - channel ORANGE was outstanding as a creative project and it was an album released through a major-label.

I just think a ton of mainstream music is uncreative but there are a couple of gems here and there from those who got big off of their mixtapes.

Same here. It depends, though, because - for instance - channel ORANGE was outstanding as a creative project and it was an album released through a major-label.

I just think a ton of mainstream music is uncreative but there are a couple of gems here and there from those who got big off of their mixtapes.

That album is so damn amazing.

That album is so damn amazing.

So, so amazing. Almost perfect. I can't stress my love for it in just words.

No matter how you see it, albums released after an artists death is an attempt to make money and aren't what the artist intended at all. It's different if the artist is close to finishing the project like Life After Death but a lot of them are weak in my opinion.

This makes me wish John Legend would go back to strictly being R&B & Soul artist. The album this song is on his simply fantastic. I feel like Kanye has kind of ruined him, though.

His new album is amazing however. I still think his debut album is his best however.

This makes me wish John Legend would go back to strictly being R&B & Soul artist. The album this song is on his simply fantastic. I feel like Kanye has kind of ruined him, though.

His new album is amazing however. I still think his debut album is his best however.

I am not a fan of his new album. His first two are the best for me. However, his lives albums before signing with Kanye are amazing as well. He's so gifted.

Archived