Daniel Bryan to Win the WWE Championship from John Cena?, Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar,CM Punk's Tweets Hurt Ratings?, Why Triple H Didn't Punish Dani

Black Dahlia

The new WWE App for Blackberry has officially launched.

- Regarding The Undertaker returning, a match with Kane against The Shield for SummerSlam is not a definite right now. At last word, Taker vs. Brock Lesnar for WrestleMania XXX is planned if Lesnar vs. The Rock doesn't materialize.

It's also said that The Rock could end up in the main WrestleMania XXX storyline, possibly the McMahon family angle.

- Almost everyone within WWE says Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena is a lock for SummerSlam and that it won't be pulled like it was at Money in the Bank. There are forces within the company pushing for Bryan to win the WWE Title from Cena.

Apparently people within WWE were talking that the June 24th RAW rating was hurt partially due to CM Punk tweeting about how good the Chicago Blackhawks and the NHL playoffs were. The June 24th rating was absolutely hurt by the NHL game but the idea that it was due to Punk tweeting and turning wrestling fans into hockey fans is pretty far-fetched.

- WWE's website currently has an article up looking at 5 potential dream opponents for Rob Van Dam's return. They list John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Ryback, CM Punk and Brock Lesnar. They also have a poll up asking if RVD will be a Paul Heyman guy when he returns. As of right now, 73% of fans think RVD will make an impact on his own, without Heyman.

- Regarding Daniel Bryan not being punished over the recent confrontation with Triple H backstage, some witnesses say Vince McMahon was there and others say he wasn't present. Apparently Vince has given Triple H full control of managing talent and when Triple H didn't want to punish Bryan for his outburst, Vince didn't overrule him.

Regarding head writer Dave Kreizman being credited with the direction for this year's WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view, the main stuff booked was not his doing. The main direction this year is all Vince McMahon, with Triple H leading the proposed McMahon family heel turn angle. Kreizman isn't mapping out ideas, just interfacing with other division that have to be kept up to speed. Ed Koskey and Dave Kapoor have been rounding up the ideas from the writers.

As far as top storylines, everything planned out a month back is going exactly as scheduled for WrestleMania XXX. Whatever changed being made before TV hits the air are not changing the big picture for New Orleans.

The planned main angle, which will get bigger as SummerSlam approaches and explode at some point after that for WrestleMania, is the current angle with the McMahon family. The main reason for this storyline is because the McMahons came up with it as the key angle for next year's WrestleMania

Former World Champion "Psycho" Sid and Hall of Famer Barry Windham both turn 53 years old today.

- Here is a list of updated confirmed WWE dates for Rob Van Dam:

* July 14th - Money in the Bank

* July 15th - RAW from Brooklyn

* July 16th - SmackDown from Providence, RI

* July 22nd - RAW from Austin, TX

* July 23rd - RAW tapings from Laredo, TX

* July 24th - SmackDown tapings from Corpus Christi, TX

* July 25th - SmackDown tapings from Houston, TX

- Here are some recent WWE attendance figures:

* RAW on June 28th in Bismark, ND drew 4,000 fans for $165,000

* RAW on June 29th in Fargo drew 4,400 fans for $165,000

* SmackDown on June 29th in Cedar Rapids, Iowa drew 4,500 fans for $160,000

* RAW on June 30th in Sioux Falls drew 2,700 fans for $85,000

* SmackDown on June 30th in Rochester, MN drew 2,800 fans for $90,000

Dolph Ziggler was recently interviewed by The Carroll County Times to promote this weekend's WWE live events. Here are some highlights:

Q: First of all, lets talk about you coming back from your recent concussion. Was this the first one you had suffered?

A: Yeah, I mean, I think I had one other one in college, but nothing this bad ever, in my life.

Q: Can you describe what you remember about getting it and the days and weeks after getting it?

A: Yeah, sure. I had a bad headache for a solid two weeks afterwards. I was diagnosed with retrograde amnesia which meant I ended up losing a day and a half, two days of my memory instantly, even though when the incident happened, there was like five more minutes of match that I went through and actually executed very well.

Q: For you personally, was that frustrating for you, not being able to compete, having just won the World Championship?

A: Yes. I cant imagine anything in my career thats been any worse than that. I was lucky enough to cash in my Money in the Bank, become World Heavyweight Champion, at this amazing Monday Night Raw with this crowd that was electric and I dont know that we can ever reproduce again, and to have one week of some TVs go back, have a concussion, be out five weeks, have one title defense and lose it, Ive never been more frustrated in my entire WWE career when that happened.

Q: Talk about working with AJ and Big E Langston. Do you guys travel together?

A: Yeah, we do, not even all the time, but some of the time the three of us do travel together, and its been kind of cool because AJs another one who, as a child, wanted to do this like when I was five, I wanted to do this and Im doing it now I think when she was 8 or 10, she decided she wanted to do it and shes doing it. So thats brought us together. The two of us, maybe outside of work, never wouldve bumped into each other or said a word.

WrestlingDVDNews.com reports that the following matches will be included on WWE's Best of Madison Square Garden DVD and Blu-ray that comes out on August 27th:

* Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon Ladder Match from WrestleMania X

* John Cena's 2008 Royal Rumble return

* WWE Champion Bob Backlund vs. NWA Champion Harley Race from 9/22/1980

* Bret Hart vs. Ted DiBiase Intercontinental Title Match from 12/29/1991

* Triple H vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle #1 contenders match from RAW on 8/7/2000

- MIX 106.1 in Philadelphia has been running a greatest wrestler tournament with fan voting. It came down to Steve Austin vs. The Rock and The Rock responded via Twitter:

"@MixPhiladelphia @steveaustinBSR I vote for Stone Cold #DamnStunners Now someone get me some Pats, Genos or Tony Lukes. #CheesesteakThuggin"

Austin replied to The Rock:

"@TheRock @MixPhiladelphia I was gonna vote for @therock. Then we'd be tied. So I'll vote for myself to make this easier. #norockbottom"

Former WWE developmental talent Jiro, who was under contract in early 2012, was arrested on June 20th in Japan on charges that he used his mobile phone to take photos up the skirts of random women.

- Chris Jericho, Curtis Axel, Zack Ryder, The Miz and Justin Roberts all visited the legendary Ribera steakhouse while in Tokyo, Japan yesterday, a tradition among wrestlers that goes back a few decades. Here they are posing in their Ribera jackets:

http://wrestleshare.com/?dm=7XZ3

Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards will have their Ring of Honor contracts expire on August 1st. There is at least some interest from WWE in both men. Word is that Sean Waltman recommended the two to WWE officials.

There has been a lot of internal talk about WWE's long-term future internationally. Years ago, WWE's idea was that domestic business will be at a certain level, maybe not growing, but the big growth would be introducing the WWE product to new markets on TV and going to these new markets live once or twice a year but having a weekly TV presence.

However, after several years, the idea that business would end up 50% domestic and 50% international is not happening, and if anything, the domestic percentage is staying the same or slightly growing. It's been questioned where the next boom market is after an inability to maintain growth in Italy, Mexico, France, Spain and to an extent Turkey and Germany. Australia and the UK are the two outside markets that have remained very strong. The feeling within WWE is that the UK will always be strong but its the rest of Europe and Asia that the company is trying to focus on growing.

- Regarding the two Divas WWE hired for the E! reality show, Eva Marie and Jo Jo Offerman, the word going around backstage is that they are very bad in the ring.

Source:http://ringsidenews.com

Not to be mean or a dick, but you need to put separate news stories in separate quotes or something.

And I hope Taker comes back at SummerSlam as long as that means he's in for WM.

I have to agree with you. Not to sound like an ass Cookie, but you really have to break these stories up instead of posting them as one long block.

I really, really, really don't want Lesnar facing Taker. He and Rock can just leave, they've lost any magic they might have once had in the ring.

Bryan winning the belt off of Cena sounds awesome.

Don't agree with all the "dream" opponents they picked for RVD, my top 5 to face him would be Punk, Bryan, Gabriel, Neville, Ziggler

Who cares about those other stuff? Hopefully Bryan wasn't really punished and that the dirtsheets are right, that he'll win. ERA OF DANIEL BRYAN!

Daniel, should win. Lets hope he does. He's so over right now. And he deserves it!

I'm more concerned with how he'll be treated regardless. Even when Punk was the champ, Cena main evented, didn't he? I'm hoping Bryan and Del Rio or whoever has the World Heavyweight title main events or ends the show, not Cena. Though, it could be better this way, probably, as more crowds might be more invested before the final match of the night.

A whole family heel turn? Lol maybe they Wyatts will feud with the Mcmahons

Where does it say ?the whole family would be turning heel? Looks like they're building toward an inner conflict between HHH, Vince and even Stephanie.

I almost don't want Bryan to get the belt from Cena...because, for one thing, he'll probably not get a clean win. Cena will probably be distracted or something. That's the only way that WWE would let it happen. Secondly, I don't want to hear Cena give his "Daniel Bryan is an underdog and he deserves the title" speech. I'd rather that Bryan wins the WWE title off someone who's gonna make him look good.

Who cares about those other stuff? Hopefully Bryan wasn't really punished and that the dirtsheets are right, that he'll win. ERA OF DANIEL BRYAN!

Daniel, should win. Lets hope he does. He's so over right now. And he deserves it!

I'm more concerned with how he'll be treated regardless. Even when Punk was the champ, Cena main evented, didn't he? I'm hoping Bryan and Del Rio or whoever has the World Heavyweight title main events or ends the show, not Cena. Though, it could be better this way, probably, as more crowds might be more invested before the final match of the night.

I hope Daniel, is actually treated like a Main Event star. If not I will be pretty upset! He should be the Main Guy....

I hope Daniel, is actually treated like a Main Event star. If not I will be pretty upset! He should be the Main Guy....

I agree... Punk should have been treated more like a main eventer than Cena, especially when WWE had the perfect chance to build up another wrestler to similar level of Cena. If Triple H didn't punish him, and if we're to take positive meaning from this, then I have hopes.

Daniel is honestly the only reason why I'm feeling hopeful about WWE.

I almost don't want Bryan to get the belt from Cena...because, for one thing, he'll probably not get a clean win. Cena will probably be distracted or something. That's the only way that WWE would let it happen. Secondly, I don't want to hear Cena give his "Daniel Bryan is an underdog and he deserves the title" speech. I'd rather that Bryan wins the WWE title off someone who's gonna make him look good.

I agree

Australia. A very strong market for the WWE and they cant even give us one tv taping a year. havent even had one since 2002? Poor effort WWE.

Yup haha

Yeah I agree.

Archived