Captain Crazy's Castle of Avatars

Crazy.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Avatars are fairly good across-the-board and I'm surprised how well a wide variety of forum users can create avatars now. I would suggest that you use hi-res renders/stock pics so that it lowers the chances of the avis you make being LQ.

It's not good having more LQ avatars than HQ's because people love an avi that stands out to them. Something where they can scroll down a page and see their post and then think: "Wow, my avatar does look gorgeous." Know what I mean?

• 2 weeks later...

They still look/feel LQ despite you sharpening the avatars and brightening them up a little. Try adding a little more contrast to the avatars because, like, for example; CM Punk doesn't exactly look slick in the avatar you made for him (the one you're currently using).

If you're not using a proper program to make these avatars - you should switch to Picture It! or Adobe Photoshop.

I'm using Photoshop, but I guess I have to get used to it better since I was using Gimp up until now. Anyways, I fiddled a bit with this avy (which more or less appealed the same as the few above), thoughts?

33dxo61.jpg

Probably over-brightened it now, lulz. Probs gonna properly get to it tomorrow.

Also how are you resizing your images? Are you making sure that constrained proportions is on when you use the resize feature?

Try playing around with the Brightness Contrast, Levels, Curves, Exposure (play with offset), and Vibrance filters. That's what me and Interentz use for our avatars mostly.

Do you also know that URL trick where you can get HQ pictures off the WWE website?

Also I don't like the normal sharpen feature, so I'd say less of that

Also how are you resizing your images? Are you making sure that constrained proportions is on when you use the resize feature?

Try playing around with the Brightness Contrast, Levels, Curves, Exposure (play with offset), and Vibrance filters. That's what me and Interentz use for our avatars mostly.

Do you also know that URL trick where you can get HQ pictures off the WWE website?

Also I don't like the normal sharpen feature, so I'd say less of that

GRADIENT MAPS EVERYWHERE.

It is a big improvement, Spearson, but this means more competition for me. Oh well, I'm just glad you've finally gotten the hang of it now! I have liked the stock pics you were using but it was only the quality being the setback. :cool:

Haha, thanks, bro; I comin' for you, *Censored*! Props to my pie-eating homeboy for the help! :D

Right, so some opinion would be appreciated on this Christian avy I attempted earlier before I start with some new stuff.

2ylsboh.png

Archived