My Arenas - WCW Monday Nitro, Thunder, Saturday Night

WarGreymon77

I've created more arenas than these, but I don't have video capture hardware. It was a drawn out process using the highlight reel to get the video clips to my computer where I could take screenshots. That's also why the quality is diminished. I didn't create the Thunder logo (though I did color it) or the DDP CAW.

With most of these arenas, I basically gave myself the following rule: Make it look as authentic as possible without using minitrons. I tried to upload Superbrawl VIII and Halloween Havoc '97 last night, but I was having CC server issues. All of the following (in addition to others) are uploaded on PS3. I'm also working on WCW [PRO] Wrestling, the Sunday D-show.

WCW Monday Nitro

I gave it a titantron because I just thought it looked better that way, instead of having a weird empty frame of lights. I tried to create a Panama City Beach outdoor version of Nitro (the one with the pool), but for fairly obvious reasons (the pool), I wasn't happy with it.

gr54.jpg

I spent the longest time nitpicking over the color of the floor mats. I finally settled on a grayish color, because you can't put the classic Nitro flame design on the floor mats. I used the actual Monday Nitro logo to create the apron logos, then shaved off part of the 'ITR'. The TNT could've been better, but I think it looks better than any I've seen on CC. I had a thin red oval around it, but it looked extremely pixelated, so I deleted it. But anyway, if somebody doesn't like the TNT logo, it's easily deleted, no biggie.

wuzm.jpg

This is a badly timed shot of the electronic billboard. As soon as I saw this pattern in CAA, I knew I wanted to use it for Nitro's flames. I colored this logo myself and uploaded on CC for other people to use.

kowa.jpg

I saw somebody else do this kind of thing for the "big steel WCW letters" on an arena with minitrons, and it looked great, but you know the minitrons would disappear during an entrance, so I came up with this instead. It might look like crap in still form, but during entrances, I believe it gets the job done (the job being "making it feel like Nitro"). Better than having only the purple light frame, I say.

idu8.jpg

Closeup of the Nitro announce table. The underside is actually a dark blue, to make it more closely resemble the real one. No TNT logo here, but I don't believe it needs it as badly as the ring did.

stk1.jpg

WCW Thunder

I was disappointed that the real Thunder only gave me a very drab and boring color palette to work with, but I made it authentic anyway. I made the apron and its logo a little more blue, as to not have a bunch of bland gray everywhere.

g7qi.jpg

I used Smackdown 2002 for the stage, minus the fist and the minitrons.

sqic.jpg

WCW Saturday Night

Probably my most accurate to date, I took one creative liberty with this arena: I took a cue from the "WCW" arena in the WCW Nitro PlayStation game and added a WCW logo to the apron.

wmcb.jpg

Extreme closeup of the announce table.

v5z9.jpg

I'm surprised my threads for Jericho turned out so well in the screenshots. I was just winging it and remembered he wore black tights. I wish the CAA floor mats didn't look like such garbage in these games. I'd like to be able to use a different style of floor mats.

7i1k.jpg

I realize that the stage doesn't look accurate at all, but I couldn't think of a better replacement for the sliding doors. The red lights represent the red lights, and the purple lights represent the WCW logo that stood above the door.

hwrj.jpg

October 16, 2013: Edited in spoiler tags. Going to post another reply...

HOLY SHIZER ! That's look mighty fine for something not textured. Any idea when you could Upload them ? :D

All the ones mentioned in this thread, I've got 'em up now. I'm also fond of my Road Wild arena.

Great but what tags and what XBL Account are they under ? Thanks ! :D

• 3 months later...

Alas, what could have been. Every time I try to save the minitrons version of this arena, it freezes. I can't do anything except access the XMB. And then when I quit and come back, my arena has not been saved. I don't have a camera, cell phone, or video capture hardware, so I had my brother take a picture of the screen with his cell phone.

101613141429.jpg

I downloaded and recolored a real TNT logo for the mat, and colored another one gray for the gray Nitro logo. I was going to add the typical yellow & red TNT logo to the walls (entrance banners), but for some reason, the game said I reached the limit for custom logos. I thought it was "use up to 8 logos as many times as you want". I used 4 different logos, I'm pretty sure. This glitch is a serious problem. The banners there actually use the metal pattern, and they're silver, not white. You can barely see the yellow flames on the banners because of this picture, but they are there.

Archived