2K14 Confirmed Information Thread

LuisTX85

This thread is similar to the one we had for '13 before it was released,All Confirmed Information leading up to the release of 2K14 will be posted here.

-Bruno Sammartino will be a playable character according to Amazon.com

-The Audio and Commentary system will be vastly improved(According to tweets by playtesters and Amazon.com)

-Jim Ross has done voice work for the game.

-The game will be released on October 29 in North America and November 1 in Europe.

-There has been talk for a next-gen release But Wii U is confirmed not to be considered in either case.

-Currently the game is scheduled to be released on the PS3 and Xbox 360 gaming systems.

-Dolph Ziggler/John Cena/Randy Savage(80's)/The Rock(Current)/Ryback/Shawn Micheals('03) and Stone Cold are confirmed

-Trailer

-Cover

6zE9xHl.jpg

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rumour of 2K adding their Audio System for Crowd and Commentary has me intrigued. Their Audio System in NBA is great.

If it was THQ saying they vastly improved the audio, I wouldn't expect anything except minor tweaks. But now having 2K, I hope they actually mean what they say. Not really familiar with 2K and their work but I've heard nothing but good things about them so I'm pretty excited about the audio thing, and the whole game in general lol.

People need to remember though that 2K hasn't been working on this one from scratch, and I'd be willing to bet their influence will be... somewhat minimalistic, compared to what the next game after will be.

People need to remember though that 2K hasn't been working on this one from scratch, and I'd be willing to bet their influence will be... somewhat minimalistic, compared to what the next game after will be.

People need to pay attention to this.

Agreed, I don't have my hopes very high for this game. It's going to be most of the work that THQ had already put in. However for the future games, I expect a lot more from 2K.

Exactly that. THQ would of already planned out WWE'14 months before so it will most likely be WWE'13 updated, you know the usual game new superstars, enhancements on pre-existing features and so forth. I'd expect WWE2K15 to be much different. Although I am hoping 2K14 gets us by surprise and turns out to be the best in years. Nothing against '13 though as I find it good.

I agree, We really won't see much 2K in this game. IF the audio is actually improved.. then that was 2K implementing their system(or work). I hope they are working hard enough so they won't embarrass themselves so 2K won't laugh and do their job better for 2K15.

I dont know if this qualifies, but the rumors of 2k14 being part two of the attitude era was fueled a bit last august when rikishi tweeted he had signed a 2 year deal to be in wwe video games. the tweet was taken down a little bit later and replaced with him confirming himself, too cool, and the uso's for wwe 13.

I dont know if this qualifies, but the rumors of 2k14 being part two of the attitude era was fueled a bit last august when rikishi tweeted he had signed a 2 year deal to be in wwe video games. the tweet was taken down a little bit later and replaced with him confirming himself, too cool, and the uso's for wwe 13.

DDP's contract to be in WWE 13 was also first reported (in may 2011) to be a two game deal as well so who knows lol

I think I'm the only one hoping the game isn't available on new gen this year, just because it will just be the same game as WWE 13 with an updated roster.

When 2K has more time do make a new game like 2K15 then it should be next gen, that way we get a completly new game with the farther improved graphics.

I think I'm the only one hoping the game isn't available on new gen this year, just because it will just be the same game as WWE 13 with an updated roster.

When 2K has more time do make a new game like 2K15 then it should be next gen, that way we get a completly new game with the farther improved graphics.

I agree with you.

I agree with you.

Being as PS4 looks like the only worth while "Next Gen" Console being released (Read sig on my thoughts about the Microsoft's Virtual Boy 2013... I mean the Microsoft's Xbox One); I really hope they don't piss away the time to make games for both systems when they come out.

Here's my opinion in one simple sentence. WWE 2K14 will be just like Smackdown vs Raw 2007. Remember back in 2006 when Xbox 360 got it's first installment of Smackdown? The next gen had better graphics but everything else was the EXACT same. It was pretty much a port from Playstation 2. In some aspects the Playstation 2 version was better. Except for the fact of Mark Henry and Khali being the proper proportion.

Archived