CM Punk's next possible feud discussed.

XXX.

Speculation in WWE has writers coming up with ideas about CM Punk's next feud when he returns. Although nothing is confirmed, there has been discussion about CM Punk facing Brock Lesnar.

The idea in the story would be for Paul Heyman to turn on Punk, forcing Punk to turn back to a face to square off against Lesnar, possibly as soon as Summerslam or Survivor Series. WWE feels that Punk is better suited as a face instead of Brock Lesnar, who seems to be built for the long run as a heel in the WWE.

Source: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/272821-discussion-about-cm-punks-next-feud-who-could-it-involve

I like the idea of Punk turning face and going against Lesnar and Heyman. Here's my idea for it:

Basically have Punk return and have him team up with Lesnar to take on Team Hell No or something like that. Have Lesnar turn on Punk during the match, lay him out and walk out with Heyman on Punk.

The next week on RAW, Heyman will explain that he doesn't associate himself with losers, and CM Punk went from being a winner, to a loser. He lost to the Rock and he lost to the Undertaker and instead of getting retribution like Brock Lesnar did when Triple H beat him, CM Punk walked away like a coward. Punk will come out and trash Heyman and tell him that he's not the voice of the voice of the voiceless because CM Punk doesn't need a mouthpiece because unlike Brock Lesnar he can talk without sounding like a complete jackass. He doesn't need someone else to tell other people how he'll kick their ass, he can do it all on his own. He didn't need Heyman to be the longest reigning WWE Champion in recent years, he could've done it all on his own. He tells Heyman he's the Best in The World with or without him and him and Lesnar can go to hell, Punk will then attack Heyman with the microphone and then mount and punch him until Lesnar's music goes off and he runs out for the save. Him and Punk brawl around the ring until Punk gets the upper hand and lays Lesnar out.

The feud continues until the weeks building to Summerslam when Punk issues the challenge to Lesnar. A falls count anywhere match at Summerslam.

And then they'll go from there and continue the program until Survivor Series and around that time have Paul Heyman say unlike Punk, Brock has beaten the Undertaker on separate occasions and can do it again. That will then lead up to The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania XXX hype in coming months.

The promos and storyline for this sound great.

I just can't imagine the match working though, unless Punk out smarts Brock the way he's been built I don't see Punk going over Brock without interference. Plus the stiff style Brock works and since Punk will have to work his quicker style since he can't throw around Brock it might be a bad fit for a just returning guy off a knee injury?

I'd really rather have Punk go up agains curtis axle.

What I'd REALLY like, is if Punk went to smackdown and became the mainstay. Surround him with some of the newer stars and get some guys moved up a bit. Compare Zigglers feud with Punk to zigglers feud with Cena, which one worked out better?

It'd be a great way to test guys too, similar to Punk's feud with Daniel Bryan this last year. Move up cesaro for a chance, advance one of the shield guys. Ziggler and Del Rio.

This is actually a pretty good idea. They will eff it up though if they rush this. There should be a slow, gradual betrayal by Heyman, that fuels this. If they do it overnight, it will bomb. But if executed perfectly this could be the feud of the f'n year. Punk does indeed make a great face or heel and can switch back n forth like HHH once did.

Brock can't be face though. He just has to be heel, he is like a born heel.

Sounds very intriguing, and I'll be all for it. Punk/Brock would obviously have a solid storyline to it, Punk's promos against Heyman's, Brock as his usual beast, and Punk hopefully in a full-on momentum, extremely outspoken face role . I'm certain the match(es) would be better than any Triple H/Brock bout, and the promos would be better too, I reckon. Almost fulfills every criteria and has all the makings to be a really great feud.

Sounds very intriguing, and I'll be all for it. Punk/Brock would obviously have a solid storyline to it, Punk's promos against Heyman's, Brock as his usual beast, and Punk hopefully in a full-on momentum, extremely outspoken face role . I'm certain the match(es) would be better than any Triple H/Brock bout, and the promos would be better too, I reckon. Almost fulfills every criteria and has all the makings to be a really great feud.

This

Punk is too godly to be used as an enhancement talent for Curtis Axel, at this point. So I'm okay with a Lesnar feud.

This... because no matter how much McGuillicutty improves, he will never be on Punk's level. He just won't, he lacks the charisma. Punk would be wasted as enchancement talent for Curtis Axel. Don't get me wrong I think with Heyman, a repackaged Joe Hennig might do well, he might get over, but he still won't accomplish what Punk has and if they push Joe that far, it will likely be a mistake, because the guy just isn't that f'n interesting... the most interesting thing about him is his last name, and that isn't going to change. I'm still not against a push for Curtis Axel, but one thing at a time. Punk better not be jobbing to him anytime soon, that's for damn sure. They could use someone else to put over Axel, but not Punk.

Punk is too godly to be used as an enhancement talent for Curtis Axel, at this point. So I'm okay with a Lesnar feud.

This... because no matter how much McGuillicutty improves, he will never be on Punk's level. He just won't, he lacks the charisma. Punk would be wasted as enchancement talent for Curtis Axel. Don't get me wrong I think with Heyman, a repackaged Joe Hennig might do well, he might get over, but he still won't accomplish what Punk has and if they push Joe that far, it will likely be a mistake, because the guy just isn't that f'n interesting... the most interesting thing about him is his last name, and that isn't going to change. I'm still not against a push for Curtis Axel, but one thing at a time. Punk better not be jobbing to him anytime soon, that's for damn sure. They could use someone else to put over Axel, but not Punk.

Exactly. I agree with this 100%, it just wouldn't work out very well for both parties. Axel goes over Punk, but he's not interesting enough on his own to keep that momentum going for himself, and Punk loses to someone like him, at this point, you've effectively stalled all of the momentum Punk has. It's basically a lose/lose scenario.

Nope. I want to see this some time next year. This year I just want the Heyman guys to look strong and dominate for a while. Survivor Series would be quite epic with Heyman Guys team vs *input babyfaces*.

Heyman guys need to stick together working as a team whenever available for at least a good 5 months before disbanding.

Nope. I want to see this some time next year. This year I just want the Heyman guys to look strong and dominate for a while. Survivor Series would be quite epic with Heyman Guys team vs *input babyfaces*.

Heyman guys need to stick together working as a team whenever available for at least a good 5 months before disbanding.

*censored*ing this.

*censored*ing this.
Agree!

I'm more open to see a Curtis Axel vs. CM Punk feud in the near future. I don't see Punk and Lesnar gaining much feuding with each other to be honest...

This. Although, I have a feeling Punk/Lesnar could be a decent match. But I'd prefer Axel. I kind of want to see Orton/Lesnar if I'm honest.

I'm all for of this feud if it's not rushed, and has a slow build that will be meaningful.

CM Punk's Pipebombs vs. Paul Heyman's Promos would be instant classics.

While I am on board with the "Heyman guys" sticking together, I do not feel brock lesnar needs to be part of that. I think that curtis and punk could help each other, become friends of each other, and so on. They will still come out to ringside with lesnar sometimes, be there in the promo's, but make it visible that neither of them really care for lesnar, and lesnar doesnt really care for them, so that the only tie between the group is paul heyman. Eventually lead the direction of Lesnar trying to pick fights, and bully the other two, where heyman always intervenes in the arguments and fights, Punk and axle put up with this for awhile, until one of them either cost lesnar a title shot, or he costs them one with his destructive nature, then the whole things boils up and they fight lesnar after a match.

You build it like heyman is trying to choose between lesnar and punk/axle, since axle and punk are good friends together on TV now, they have each others back. Eventually, they have a match, and heyman is at ringside for both lesnar, and the punk/axle team. its a handicap match. have it back and forth action, punk and axle are down, lesnar is down, punk is getting up, lesnar is getting up, heyman slides in a chair to lesnar and lesnar hits punk with the chair, so axle and punk win, but they both got pretty beat up. Then you have them fued, with heyman going on promo's about how punk was to cowardly to defeat even a worn down undertaker, or a "over the hill" rock, and how axle has never proved himself, and is a disgrace to his fathers name.

Eventually, have lesnar injure axle with the kimura, and have punk vs lesnar with axle and heyman in their respective corners. I would save this match for maybe royal rumble next January.

McGillicutty can take a number and wait in line as far as I'm concerned. I've been waiting for Punk and Brock to cross paths since Punk namedropped Brock in his Pipebomb 2 years ago, this is a dream match I want to happen more than any other in the WWE right now. I said it in another topic it was rumored in a few months ago, I absolutely would love to see this feud, and I think why not just keep them both heel? Punk would wind up being the face during the match anyway, matches always breakdown into a face and heel dynamic regardless of both guys alignment so why mess with either guy's characters? Punk can still be an egomaniac and Brock can still be a beast without either having to give up either of those things while feuding. If Punk becomes face by proxy, he can be a face like Austin was, who didn't really care one way or another if he was loved or hated. Or like Bryan, who resents the people while still being cheered and acting in a face role. And I can't even entertain the thought of a face Punk like how Cena or Sheamus are faces after that Taker feud. The same guy who beat down Taker and rubbed (what were implied to be) Paul Bearer's ashes all over himself and Taker, turning face and playing it up with the people is like unimaginable for me, haha. But anyways, I could see this feud working really well, especially in-ring. I feel like it could be a Sting/Vader dynamic, only a little harder hitting. Plus Punk and Heyman squaring off on the mic is a dream, if anybody can hang with Punk on the mic it's Heyman, and I'd love to see them interact as enemies given how close they are in real life.

You can build Hennig in the meantime so maybe one day he can look like he belongs to be in the ring with Punk or Lesnar, but right now I'm not seeing it. Physically speaking, he's not the kind've guy you can hotshot into hanging with the top guys off the bat. When Brock debuted and they strapped a rocket to his back and pushed him up the card fast, it worked for him because he had the look and presence to go along with his natural ability in the ring. He could and did successfully hang with guys like Hogan and Flair and Rock in his rookie months because of the combination of skills he had, and he smoothly transitioned into being a top guy seemlessly as a result. Joe Hennig doesn't have that charisma, presence, or look for me to buy him as belonging on Punk or Lesnar's level (yet). His re-debut Monday night really didn't do him any favors either. Let him get built up the card the traditional way, have him feud with a reliable vet like Jericho or Kane or one of those guys, give him a run as IC Champ or something and see how it fares. In the meantime, I'll take Punk/Brock pls.

I don't really think there's anything to be gained by it. In fact, I think Punk vs Axel would be a better direction, as it would boost Curt's career.

Judging by their tweets confrontation it looks like it.

Archived