111 replies to this topic

#1 XXX.

XXX.

Decorum please.

• Members
  • 11,161 posts
  • Gamertag: ThatFellaDylan

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

I used to like The Miz a lot and I thought he had a lot of potential until he returned and turned babyface.....since then, he's lost everything.

He basically runs off of cheap pops and thats about it. The only time he gets a good reaction is when he SCREAMS THE NAME OF THE CITY THEY'RE PERFORMING IN TONIGHT. And when he uses the Figure 4 Leg lock...and that's only because people like Ric Flair. Not the Miz. WWE needs to turn him heel. Don't even give his heel gimmick a makeover, just make him the cocky, arrogant, obnoxious, shit talking heel he was when he main evented Wrestlemania. Thoughts and opinons on The Miz and what WWE should do with him? 

#2 Counting Lights

Counting Lights

Life Finds A Way

• Members
  • 18,658 posts
  • Gamertag: None
  • SEN (PS3): GreendaleDragonS
  • Twitter: @TheeJakubDulak

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

I like Miz, but I agree his face turn has flopped. His cheap pops are incredibly annoying. Though I'd like to see something completely new for Miz, because he was starting to bore me at the end of his heel run too.

#3 Lumpy McRighteous

Lumpy McRighteous

The Eternal Understudy

• Banned
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

I would love for them to fire him on the grounds that there's been nothing special about him whatsoever throughout his run in the company. They tried everything within their power, even giving him a painfully long reign with their top belt, in order to persuade themselves and the fans into believing that he was a big deal, but nobody bought it except for the couple of smarks that cheered for him. Once he turned face, those very same smark fans of his got with the program and looked past the smoke and mirrors to finally realize that he blew major ass.

#4 Jmerc

Jmerc

#TeamBlue

• Global Moderator
  • 20,694 posts
  • Gamertag: xJMERC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

Give him a bunch of chicks to come out with as a totally douche gimick, getting all the ladies. That'll give him heat. Give it to either him or Zack.

#5 AONO.

AONO.

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

Same style different role. He only got booed when he was a heel when he dissed the towns they were in. To me, he was always way beyond boring and uninteresting in ring and with his promos. 

He was really bad and generic at every role he played really. 

#6 V to I

V to I

We're all living in each other's paranoia

• Members
  • 22,795 posts
  • Gamertag: None
  • SEN (PS3): None

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

Same style different role. He only got booed when he was a heel when he dissed the towns they were in. To me, he was always way beyond boring and uninteresting in ring and with his promos. 

He was really bad and generic at every role he played really. 

---

This sums up my thoughts on Miz.

As far as what I'd like to see him doing, I'd like him to be used to just get guys over like he was doing at the start of the year with Wade Barrett and Cesaro, but unfortunately he's getting a push now because of his new movie.

#7 WillowTheWhisp

WillowTheWhisp

?

• Members
  • 9,985 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

My thoughts exactly 

#8 Mr.Dreadful

Mr.Dreadful

Legend

• Members
  • 9,335 posts
  • Gamertag: XB1- Dukesfan77
  • SEN (PS3): PS4- randomCanadian77

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

as I said in the WWE Show Discussion Thread,

*sigh* ok, Miz just needs to stop using the figure four. if he's not gonna work the legs, he needs to stop and go back to the SCF.

WORK THE LEGS DAMN IT!!! that's how submissions work, wear down that particular limb.

and I agree with the annoying cheap pops and lame 'your mom' jokes.

#9 Faster Than Light

Faster Than Light

Manners Maketh Man

• V.I.P
  • 17,184 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

I like him, but he is way better as a heel. So turn him back to a heel or WWE should give him a less generic face persona so he has more to work with. My two cents on this.

#10 Lyriqz ✪

Lyriqz ✪

We Appreciate Power.

• Members
  • 28,331 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

I liked him when he was a heel because the generic, whiny cookie cutter heel worked so well for him. He WAS the guy most people see when they think of a standard heel which made it work so well. As a face, he's a rather unlikable douche. He's not horrible in the ring but not anywhere good enough to make his rather weak character be overlooked.

#11 Rockstar™

Rockstar™

Mundus Vult Decipi

• Members
  • 25,921 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:03 AM

I enjoyed his break though moment; feuding with Cena. He actually cut a few decent promos, one memorable one was on his history and MVP. The dude needs to STOP using the f4 and start generating and invoking a reaction.

#12 Craze Control

Craze Control

Valar Morghulis

• Members
  • 23,942 posts
  • Twitter: @Pogbessque

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

I agree with the comments in here. I think one of the main reasons his face run has been bad is because it was so rushed. You had a guy who had been a heel ever since his debut several years ago (including being a top heel once, and being near that role ever since), and they just randomly turned him face with little to no sense. I thought his face turn was a work during the initial stage, and am shocked that he has been face for this long. He did not have a story or background to his face turn (from an extremely hateable heel), which did not get the crowd behind him in any way whatsoever. Add to that, he obviously fares better as a heel, and therein lies the problem.

#13 limitbreak

limitbreak

por vida

• Members
  • 18,752 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

He's so shitty.

#14 Saul

Saul

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,262 posts
  • Gamertag: SuperSauldier
  • Twitter: @SuperSauldier

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

I think The Miz has accomplished more than anyone ever expected him to so for that I respect him. He's decent in the ring and really good on the mic. He just doesn't work as a babyface. Turn him back to the annoying heel again.

#15 LEGION

LEGION

• Members
  • 40,391 posts
  • Steam ID: Ectrasyl
  • Twitter: @SennaAsad

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

He's like The current Rock when it comes to promos...

Edited by The Ascension, 19 May 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#16 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

If Morrison returns I'd like him and Miz to reunite as a face team. Heck maybe even make it a Trio with R Truth and just let those guys do some segments here and there to get themselves over while putting on good matches. 

Edited by Steve Carell, 19 May 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#17 Crack.

Crack.

Official CAWs.ws Addict †

• Members
  • 57,286 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

I liked Miz when he was at his best..2010 during the ShoMiz Era & during his U.S. Title Run.

#18 Poe Øhlin

Poe Øhlin

「M・A・D」

• Members
  • 22,212 posts
  • SEN (PS3): XpoeshwinstonX
  • Twitter: @XW1n5t0nX

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

I would love for them to fire him on the grounds that there's been nothing special about him whatsoever throughout his run in the company. They tried everything within their power, even giving him a painfully long reign with their top belt, in order to persuade themselves and the fans into believing that he was a big deal, but nobody bought it except for the couple of smarks that cheered for him. Once he turned face, those very same smark fans of his got with the program and looked past the smoke and mirrors to finally realize that he blew major ass.

#19 Ǝpitome

Ǝpitome

Main Eventer

• Banned
  • 4,715 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Pyrochemical
  • Steam ID: TheNameIsMarc
  • Twitter: @ItsMarcFriedman

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

The Miz is a natural heel in my opinion. He's cocky, arrogant, and obnoxious. As a face, he relies on cheap pops and childish insults because he doesn't know how to win the audience over a face. It's harder and he just doesn't have "it" for being a face.

#20 Steez

Steez

Upper Midcard

• Banned
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

In all honesty I used to be a huge Miz fan and it was because he just made you want to hate him! His work with John Morrison was amazing and as a team they were perfect. When he first came to WWE I hated him. Couldn't stand him actually. The chick magnet shit was so atrocious but he made it work. And then his US title reign came and it was pretty acceptable. His IC title reign wasn't special at all. But his WWE title reign was special. He was a passable heel and his cash in was so cool because I didn't expect him to take it from Orton. Sucks he got overshadowed by The Rock and Cena. And then you have Awesome Truth, they were perfect heels together at that time. Wish they could've went on longer and longer than they did. As for his face turn? I honestly believed he would make a great face but it seems forced and it bombed hard. They're turning the wrong people heel and face. The majority didn't want a Miz face turn. "But he did everything he could as a heel"! Really? That may be right but that doesn't mean you turn because you've done it all as a heel. Keep being a heel until the right time to turn presents itself. It would've worked more if he was in a tag team and he slowly started getting chewed out by his partner to the point where the crowd would want him to turn. You have to make us want you to turn. He could've had a ladies man gimmick but he's not that kind of guy I guess. But overall I joke and trash him but he's come A LONG way in that ring since his debut. Just wish his ass would stop using the figure four or work the legs or use it better! And most of you hate him because he has Maryse lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Miz, Miz, WWE, Face