My two cents on the problems with WWE'13

Dansun

I was really looking forward to WWE'13. I bought it late (this april), but that's fast for being me considering what video games costs these days. Just like WWE'12, the main selling point for me was the Story Designer. I hadn't played wrestling games since SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 (until I bought a digital copy of Legends of Wrestlemania - you just gotta love those legends - last year). That game put the fun back in wrestling games for me and made me take a look at WWE'12 - which had Story Designer!

I eventually bought it and Story Designer is without a doubt the mode I've played the most. And although I found Story Designer in WWE'12 to be a bit limited in terms of the number of scenes, I've had great fun with it. So when I heard that WWE'13 had way more scenes in Story Designer than WWE'12, combined with the fact that it has alot more legends too, I just had to have it.

So I bought it. And although I'm trying hard to love the game, you can't argue the fact that WWE'12 is the better game. First, WWE'13 didn't unlock everything it should have (like the Million Dollar Belt, Kane's double sleeved attire and New Age Outlaws entrence music in Story Designer) and then I found out that the matches I've booked in Story Designer doesn't have sound effects when played. I can hear the commentators, the crowd and the announcer, but not the action in the ring, not the pyros or anything else. And the reaction sound effects does not work at all.

This wouldn't have been so bad had it not been for the lack of patches. I am confident that these issues could have and would have been fixed had THQ not been sold. 2K Games have no responsibility to fix this game, since they had nothing to do with it, so these issues will never be fixed - and that bothers me to a point I did not expect. I am trying so hard to love this game and I play it as often as I can (usually in Story Designer), but the more I play, the more I think about going back to WWE'12, because even though Story Designer was limited in that game, at least it worked (except for Superstar Threads and CAS, which have a tendency to freeze not just the game but the whole system).

I just hope that WWE'14 will see all of these issues fixed and that Story Designer gets even more scenes. It's a great part of the game!

Archived