Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Chazzle.

Lego Marvel Superheroes

34y8gba.jpg

Release Date: October 2013 (Release Date not Revealed yet)

Platforms: X360, PS3, WiiU, PC, DS, 3DS, Vita

Marvel Super Heroes are assembling for an action-packed, brick-smashing good time! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Marvel Entertainment announced today that LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes will be available beginning Fall 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Wii U™ system and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS™ handheld system, Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is the first instalment in the highly successful LEGO videogame franchise to feature famous Marvel characters.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes complements the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes construction toy collection, which brings the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO build-and-play adventure. There are currently eight iconic scenes from the X-Men, Iron Man and Spider-Man franchises available and more construction sets tied to the new Iron Man 3 feature film will launch later this spring.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters.
“We’re very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games Publishing. “Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.”
“Fans of both LEGO and Marvel have wanted this game for years, and we’re addressing that demand with more Marvel Universe characters than ever in a console game,” said TQ Jefferson, Vice President, Games Production, Marvel Entertainment. “If you’re a fan of Spider-Man, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy or scores of other Marvel characters, this is the game for you.”
In LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, players will unlock more than 100 characters from across the Marvel Universe, including fan favorites like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and Galactus! The game will pack in a plethora of super-cool character abilities, combat-like action sequences, epic battle scenes, puzzle-solving and a unique story told with playful LEGO humor.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

Official Teaser Trailer:

Trailers/Gameplay Videos:

Screenshots:

ibfe6u.jpg

2a0w01.jpg

1ypahe.jpg

33p8xgi.jpg

2dmcpip.jpg

308leo3.jpg

i2ldzo.jpg

3039r2c.jpg

Articles:

The Avengers won't be the only Marvel super heroes assembling this Autumn when Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment brings video game LEGO Marvel Super Heroes to market. Releasing onto a half-dozen gaming platforms, players will get the chance to play LEGO versions of more than 100 characters from across the Marvel universe.

"This isn't an Avengers title. it isn't a Spider-Man title. It's all of these characters mixed together," said game producer Phillip Ring. "And that is really important to us."
The game's levels will have players controlling teams comprised of two or three Marvel characters at a time, but these team-ups aren't exactly going to be as familiar as, say, the Fantastic Four.
"We get to do some really interesting combinations of people you might not necessarily think would work together because they're from different franchises," Ring explained. "This is a whole part of the Marvel world. Let's make these cool matchups and let's see what we can do with that."
Marvel crossover matchups appear on the villain side of the coin as well. Thus far, the game's know heroes include Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Nick Fury. The bad-guy roster is populated with the likes of Sandman and Abomination. As for the rest of the game's roster, developer TT Games is still working on it and hasn't yet finalized exactly who will round it out. Marvel fans hoping to see the likes of Kitty Pride, Fin-Fang Foom, and Beta Ray Bill might have their wishes fulfilled.
"We haven't actually finalized things yet," said Ring. "We're still working on things. We're still changing and going, you know, what would be cool characters to add and what are people interested to see."
For those who have played the licensed LEGO video games in years past will find many similarities between those and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. The usual mechanics of build-this-to-do-that exists as does the LEGO piece currency for unlocks and the like. The game's overall lighthearted attitude, too, seems quite familiar to titles past. Where the game really differs this time around is in its presentation.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes will feature increased dialogue compared to the previous games. In fact, there is quite a bit of chit-chat between characters - especially in cut scenes. The dialogue is the same kind of catch phrase comic book corniness that one might expect, but that always seems to fly in the video game adaptations thereof.
Also, while past LEGO titles have followed the already-established storylines of 'Indiana Jones', 'Star Wars', and the like, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes will have its own story unique to the game. As told to the Game Guys recently by Ring, the game's plot revolves around the Silver Surfer's board breaking up into little LEGO bricks from being shot down after arriving to Earth (New York City, to be exact). It seems various Marvel villains are finding these bricks and plan to use them for less-than-delightful things. Oh, and there's something about Galactus, though nothing in specific has been revealed about the Eater of Worlds.
At this point, no ESRB information for this title is yet available and neither is a solid release date, but the game is scheduled to come out sometime during the Fall and will do so onto a number of different platforms.
"We know there are a lot of people out there who are LEGO fans and they want to be able to play the games on the different platforms," stated Ring. "So, we've got the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii U, DS, 3DS, Vita, PC. We really want to give people the opportunity that if they have a platform they can come on and play this game."

Been looking forward to this. Hopefully they have a lot of side characters and don't just focus on the cinematic universe. The trailer has me worried that we'll be seeing mostly Spiderman and Avengers stuff. I want more tie-ins with the actual comics.

• 3 months later...

UPDATE

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15896-LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-Screens---Trailer-Bust-Blocks.html

Doctor Doom's DoomRay of Doom :lol:

this game is looking better and better. I have NEVER played a LEGO game, but this one has my interest.

The graphics for some games, like this one, look so impressive I don't think I will get the next gen systems until a few years from now, unless they totally stop supporting the current consoles.

that's what im doing. plus I JUST bought a new 360(250GB) this past March for almost 300$.

Lego Green Goblin and Abomination? Hell yeah!! I'm not gonna get this game straight away, but I will definitely get it in the future.

Also, I think it goes without saying that I'll be upset if there's no Punisher character. :shift:

Good news for you - Punisher is confirmed:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/lego-marvel-super-heroes/showimg-30/

Some other heroes/villains confirmed are Kingpin, Red Hulk, Silver Samurai, Juggernaut, Storm, Vulture, Rhino and Electra.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope they don't have any voices for this game. I can't remember if the first Batman game had voices, but I know the Pirates of the Caribbean one didn't. Point being, I'm playing Batman 2 right now, and I don't like the voices one bit. I think it dumbs the game down. I prefer the subtle humor that came with the grunts and pantomimes.

Lego Green Goblin and Abomination? Hell yeah!! I'm not gonna get this game straight away, but I will definitely get it in the future.

Also, I think it goes without saying that I'll be upset if there's no Punisher character. :shift:

Good news for you - Punisher is confirmed:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/lego-marvel-super-heroes/showimg-30/

Some other heroes/villains confirmed are Kingpin, Red Hulk, Silver Samurai, Juggernaut, Storm, Vulture, Rhino and Electra.

Looks amazing deffinately getting this. WWE 2K14 might get put on the backburner while I play this.

I wonder if Galactus would be playable. Doubt it though.

I hope they don't have any voices for this game. I can't remember if the first Batman game had voices, but I know the Pirates of the Caribbean one didn't. Point being, I'm playing Batman 2 right now, and I don't like the voices one bit. I think it dumbs the game down. I prefer the subtle humor that came with the grunts and pantomimes.

Well you'll be disappointed, as they've got voices for the game. The video showed Doctor Doom talk about his "Doctor Doom's Doomsray of Doom".

Will they make an actual Lego set out of this? I'm too old to play with them, but my little nephew is not.

They already have. You can get multiple packs already. One includes the Daily Bugle, with figures of Spiderman, Doom, Beetle, Nova, and J. Jonah Jameson. Another one involves Thor, Loki, Hawkeye and Hulk. There are others as well, one includes Wolverine, Deadpool, and Magneto (and involves a helicopter). Another one involves Spiderman, Nick Fury, and Venom.

• 1 month later...

The Lego games are all great. They're "made for kids" in the same sense that any video game is "made for kids". If you have no problem playing other games, you shouldn't have a problem with playing the Lego games. That said, you'd have to be a pretty smart kid to play some of the Lego games...because it can be pretty challenging to advance sometimes. The puzzles make you think. I'm not above using walkthroughs for the Lego games...because I'd be stuck for hours otherwise. :lol:

Batman Lego 2 was on sale on XBL (and maybe PSN?) last month. Shame that you missed it. Only cost $9.99 when they were doing a DC sale. I'm not a fan of digital downloads, because I forget that I own the games, and they take up way too much memory...but it was too good of a deal. Anyway, Lego Marvel is great. It's easily my favorite of the series. Maybe just because I'm a Marvel fanboy...but probably also in part because it's just that good. There are so many subtle details that make it hilarious and awesome. One example: Your characters fall down a chute. The camera shows everyone screaming as they fall down the chute. Then it very quickly shows a Stan Lee lego character riding a swimtube going "yipeee" or something like that, before segueing back to the other characters yelling. I died laughing.

Anyway, it is a good idea to wait (as Lego games drop in price very quickly)...and there's no point in spending $50-60 for one. Still, it's well worth it for the amount of fun you'll have. I had to buy it on release, because I just couldn't wait. I regret nothing.

• 1 month later...

Archived