CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

Dave Batista Close to a WWE Return; Possible Feud w/ Lesnar?

Batista Lesnar Return? CHZRFan

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 King RyderFan

King RyderFan

Live and let live!

• Members
  • 22,298 posts
  • Gamertag: Fight another fight for another day
  • SEN (PS3): Everything is changed but they should remain
  • Steam ID: I'm fighting until my fists stop feeling, my heart stops beating
  • Twitter: @Rated_CHZRFan

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Former WWE Superstar Dave Batista has been working to get back into wrestling shape, and is fast approaching his 290-pound billed weight during his last run with WWE. The former 6-time World Champion left WWE in 2010 to pursue his interests in acting, as well as a career in Mixed Martial Arts.

Batista has said in recent interviews that he is interested in returning to the WWE, and listed part-time workers such as The Rock and Brock Lesnar as potential opponents. With the future of the planned Rock/Lesnar match currently unknown, it is possible WWE would push to bring back Batista to fill the role of Dwayne Johnson, who was injured in his WrestleMania match with John Cena.

It is worth noting that Batista recently landed a part in Marvel's big comic book movie "Guardians of the Galaxy" which is set to begin filming this summer.

Source: http://www.wrestlezo...e-feud-w-lesnar

#2 Ǝpitome

Ǝpitome

Main Eventer

• Banned
  • 4,715 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Pyrochemical
  • Steam ID: TheNameIsMarc
  • Twitter: @ItsMarcFriedman

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Former WWE Superstar Dave Batista has been working to get back into wrestling shape, and is fast approaching his 290-pound billed weight during his last run with WWE. The former 6-time World Champion left WWE in 2010 to pursue his interests in acting, as well as a career in Mixed Martial Arts.

Batista has said in recent interviews that he is interested in returning to the WWE, and listed part-time workers such as The Rock and Brock Lesnar as potential opponents. With the future of the planned Rock/Lesnar match currently unknown, it is possible WWE would push to bring back Batista to fill the role of Dwayne Johnson, who was injured in his WrestleMania match with John Cena.

It is worth noting that Batista recently landed a part in Marvel's big comic book movie "Guardians of the Galaxy" which is set to begin filming this summer.

The bold part is when I stopped reading.

#3 Chazzle.

Chazzle.

• V.I.P
  • 8,767 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

I'd like to see Batista return.

#4 King RyderFan

King RyderFan

Live and let live!

• Members
  • 22,298 posts
  • Gamertag: Fight another fight for another day
  • SEN (PS3): Everything is changed but they should remain
  • Steam ID: I'm fighting until my fists stop feeling, my heart stops beating
  • Twitter: @Rated_CHZRFan

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

The bold part is when I stopped reading.

I was waiting for someone to make a comment like that. :lol:

#5 Sinnerman

Sinnerman

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

I reckon he'll be back sometime soonish, but maybe he's just getting big for the movie?

#6 Crack.

Crack.

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 57,286 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'd pay some bucks for that

#7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

How old is Batista? 67?

#8 Counting Lights

Counting Lights

Life Finds A Way

• Members
  • 18,734 posts
  • Gamertag: None
  • SEN (PS3): GreendaleDragonS
  • Twitter: @TheeJakubDulak

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

How old is Batista? 67?

He's 44, two years older than Jericho.

I would love for Batista to return. I pretty much grew up on the guy and would much prefer him to Rock or Lesnar.

#9 Lyriqz ✪

Lyriqz ✪

We Appreciate Power.

• Members
  • 28,331 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Jesus, a Batista with ring rust and the MMA Lesnar...

I'm going to have lots of nap time during that PPV.

#10 kdebones

kdebones

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

While it is Dave Meltzer, the dude has been right a historic two times this year. So, take it with a grain of salt, but it's possible it could be true.

#11 .ZEN

.ZEN

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I like Big Dave but I'd still say that Batista being mauled by Lesnar would be absolutely beautiful.

#12 Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

How old is Batista? 67?

I would love for Batista to return. I pretty much grew up on the guy and would much prefer him to Rock or Lesnar.

Only 44? Fair enough. I fondly remember his arrogant sunglasses spotlight heel phase.

#13 OPC

OPC

WCW/nWo 4 life.

• Members
  • 12,155 posts
  • SEN (PS3): DaArtist1239 (PS4)

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Batista vs Lesnar at all.

#14 Craze Control

Craze Control

Valar Morghulis

• Members
  • 23,963 posts
  • Twitter: @Pogbessque

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'm all for a Batista return. Dude was dope during his last heel run. Although, I'm not really in favor of him adopting the Rock/Brock schedule.

#15 Fandango 3:16

Fandango 3:16

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Not for me. I started watching WWE again after he left. I dislike him more than Cena.

#16 Scripted

Scripted

Legend

• Members
  • 9,106 posts
  • Gamertag: I Conundrum I
  • SEN (PS3): Conundrumm-

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

How old is Batista? 67?

#17 Petos

Petos

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,555 posts
  • Gamertag: MediumSolid
  • SEN (PS3): Lazandriel

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Batista back for one more run. I just hope he'd be a regular instead of a part-timer. I think we have enough part-timers hanging around as it is. WWE could really use a big name as a part of their regular programming.

#18 Ace0005

Ace0005

Opener

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

According to his wiki he said "He left because  He didn't like the direction the company was going in and he would not be returning anytime soon."  This could have been said several years ago though. Anyway what didn't he like in particular?

#19 Lyriqz ✪

Lyriqz ✪

We Appreciate Power.

• Members
  • 28,331 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

According to his wiki he said "He left because  He didn't like the direction the company was going in and he would not be returning anytime soon."  This could have been said several years ago though. Anyway what didn't he like in particular?

PG limitations.

#20 Axel Mulligan

Axel Mulligan

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,666 posts
  • Twitter: AxelMulligan

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Dave Batista back as long as he's the badass heel he was before he left and not babyface Boretista.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Batista, Lesnar, Return?, CHZRFan