"We Can Rebuild Him..."

ShatterTheSky

Jake got shoulder surgery without relapsing. I feel it's necessary to point that out. I've never had surgery on any part of my body, so I wouldn't know if hip surgery is more painful than shoulder surgery, etc...but I feel like the pills shouldn't be a problem for Hall. Not with his current attitude (which seems to be in the right place). Also, I don't know your father (directed at Sam8Madness) but I believe there's a big difference between why Hall was abusing those drugs and why average people do the same. I honestly think that Hall was taking all the shit he was because he didn't care if he lived or died...perhaps he even wanted to die. A lot of the things he said made it sound that way. But he's in a positive place now (both literally - at DDP's house) and mentally. If any relapses seem imminent, I'm sure Jake and DDP will cut him off before things get serious.

You can't just cut someone off in a situation like that though... he's still going to be in pain.

Drugs/Pills and alcohol create very strong bonds emotionally in your head. It won't take much to kick Hall back into a mindset that isn't healthy. Doesn't matter why you do what you do, at some point the mental bond is why you continue to do it.

Regal talks about it best in his book, he made up a million reasons to drink and abuse everything he could, but at the end of the day he did it because he wanted to, he was addicted. He relapsed a ton of times because he put himself in situation just like this, thinking that just a pill for whatever reason would be OK.

Also hip surgery and shoulder surgery are two very different things. Shoulder surgery doesn't keep you bed ridden for a long period of time, and the rehab is much shorter and less abrasive.

I'm not saying hall will fall directly back into his old habits, I'm just saying that a major surgery (that requires major pain medication may be a bit to optimistic at this point and time.

Maybe you're right though, maybe Hall can take a few pills and call it quits, maybe he's using holistic methods to control his pain, maybe he's going no pills at all and just grunting it out. I really don't know.

For the record, in no way do I want Hall to relapse. I want him to get better. I want him to live a life so full of happiness he doesn't blink at his dark past because he's making the most of his future. From experience I know that is a long road, and if you don't take precautions it may be a road you never reach.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Censored* all the doubts. I'm happy he actually got the money to even go through with what he has to in the first place. It only goes to show how many people really do still care and idolize the guy to an extent. This could've just been the case of another failed kickstarter project, but this actually worked. That in itself, is pretty amazing.

Archived