Destiny

1okr

This game is badly scaled. I got to Mars with a Level 11 toon (mind you, 10 during the mission itself) and now I can't even progress because the missions for 15-18. Forcing to grind is questionable. On the good side, I was a beast on Crucible yesterday. Went 30/40 to 4 most of the games.

And I didn't get a single piece of armor. :(

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like Dinklebot is not only being replaced in the upcoming DLC but is being completely removed and recast as Nolan North in the main game too.

NOLAN NORTH TO TAKE OVER ROLE OF GHOST IN DESTINY

Game Informer reports video game acting legend Nolan North was brought in to do the voice of the players' AI Companion in upcoming expansion The Taken King but, after seeing how well he did the job, he has now re-recorded all of Dinklage's existing dialogue.

“We wanted Nolan North’s version of the Ghost to wake you up at the start of the journey at level one and follow you all the way to level forty,” said creative director Luke Smith, so while the script has not been changed, Dinklage's dulcet tones are no more.

“They really wanted me to put my stamp on it,” North said. “They let me bring what I wanted to the role. You have to give it your own spin. For that reason, I specifically said I didn’t want to hear anything that someone else had done, so that I didn’t have some preconceived notion of what it has to be. Instead, I just gave it my stamp, and let them direct me accordingly.”

Dinklage faced a lot of criticism for his unenthusiastic performance in Destiny, so the fact Bungie decided to replace him with someone slightly more familiar with the requirements of video game voice acting isn't a huge surprise.

Archived