Destiny

1okr

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet this is one of those games that people hype the shit out of, then it comes out and everyone decides that it's not very good at all. Can't tell you how many times I've seen that happen with this genre.

Unless it somehow got significantly worse since the beta that won't be the case

Not looked too much into the gameplay nor am I buying into the hype, but I decided to pre order it anyway. Always set myself up for disappointment if I look into lots of videos before I get it and read everyone elses comments. So now I've got little expectations going into it, so I'm hoping they'll at least pass those. Can't see it being that bad, because the one video I did watch kinda reminded me of Halo/Titanfall/Borderlands, which can't be a bad thing I suppose.

What classes will everyone be picking to play story with first and which will be the most often used online? I cant decide between hunter and warlock but ill probably end up picking hunter

I'm playing Hunter because I loved it in Beta. If Titan is as overpowered as it was in Beta though I imagine it will be the most popular. I believe you can have a character for each class though so I'll play them all a decent amount.

I will start off as a Warlock for my first playthrough, but I will use the Hunter my second. I am really hoping to get some new friends to play this on 360 before next week since the first raid will be open at that time and supposedly the raids do not have match making. Sort of disappointed I have to restart since the beta characters are not coming over to the full game, but it should not take forever to get back to where I was with my 3 characters. 8 with Warlock. 5 with Hunter 4 with Titan

Shall hopefully be picking up Destiny on Thursday, though I'm fully expecting the servers to *Censored* up like every other game upon launch week.

They did mine yesterday -_- it completely kicks you from the game

Yeah thought so. Theres no getting away from it sadly. Happens with every big multiplayer game, even COD (who you would expect to have the best servers considering the amount of money they have and how many people play it.)

Question; can you do private games? If so I wonder if those servers mess up. I wont be playing much online with randoms and me and my friends dont want private sessions messing up.

Mhh... just a marketing thing or will that turn into a DLC and patch and everything will hot on PS earlier? 'cause I'd prefer to get it on X1, I think but I don't want to get hatred step child. :lol:

Just rage quitted from this after playing for five hours. Got to the point where.

So Im fighting the wave of fallens that are coming off the Hive tombships after you get the array up. And im doing this by myself as a hunter. First two swarms are easy to knock off, but right when that third one arrives with the more vicious acolytes, thats where I always die cause of outnumbering. And this is one of those points where you respawn back at the beginning so I have to restart all of the waves again. They got me four damn times. And on the fifth time, I actually lasted the longest. And thats when I realized a Hallowed Knight was apart of the swarm.. Ive ran into that thing two levels prior to this moment.. One shot from it kills you(for the moment at least). So when I saw it, I was luckily enough in a point where I could run back and forth behind a wall, dodging the explosions of its shots while trying to take acolytes out.

Thats when the server, for the first time, kicks me off. I had to turn it off at that point.

For anyone that's played it, what genres or games would you say this is similar to? Also, do you believe it lives up to the hype? The game's on my radar but I've got so many coming up I need to be certain I'd enjoy it before I put my money down.

For anyone that's played it, what genres or games would you say this is similar to? Also, do you believe it lives up to the hype? The game's on my radar but I've got so many coming up I need to be certain I'd enjoy it before I put my money down.

Plays similarly to Borderlands. Though they're not similar in every aspect.

It's a FPS/MMO hybrid that's campaign plays like a mix between Birderlands and Halo and the multiplayer plays almost exactly like Halo as to be expected with some cool new shit. It's a really beautiful game too. If you are even considering it and have the money I'd recommend it.

Archived