Game Of Thrones (No Book Spoilers)

TheHavoc

Nearing the end of S5 now. Is Ramsay hated more than Joffrey? Or at least equally as hated? I kinda feel like he's worse than him tbh lol

From the torture shit he's done with Theon/Reek and just now seeing him rape Sansa while making Reek watch. Tough stuff to watch.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S8 seems to be disappointing so far or no? Hope not. I'm still gonna rush my ass to catch up before Sunday tho, cause there ain't no #DontSpoil campaign with this and I know people I follow will posts memes as soon as the episode finishes lmao

Also, I'm amused at how Jaime despite being a cripple and a bad swordsman was able to survive against the Walkers, but he got his ass kicked by Euron, and how Euron acted proud as if people would know he beat Jaime at his best when in reality, no one would know or care. and even then, it was the rocks that killed Jaime, not Euron.

Now I just think you are saying things to troll, but if not wow are you mistaking things heavily.

Remember when Jaime got his hand cut off? That was season three. THREE. Remember when Jaime started training with his other hand? That was season four. FOUR. Jaime was a bad swordsman then, but we have literally seen him get better. Im not sure how you can watch the show from then to now and be completely oblivious to the fact that he has clearly gotten used to using his other hand? :lol: I said this before to you and you ignored it. Jaime lost his hand yes, but he didnt lose his sword fighting knowledge. He didnt just suddenly forget how to fight and how to duel etc, he just needed to get used to do doing it with the other one. Which he did. Is Jaime the most skilled swordsman in the Seven Kingdoms now like he once was? Unfortunately not, but Im not sure why on Earth you think he is STILL bad at sword fighting. He isnt... in fact logic dictates that hes still better than most people have been and most people will ever be. He just had to train again (which he did), but he had the advantage with training because he still retained all the knowledge he was taught growing up. He still retained all the experience from all the fights he has been in. Im not sure how hard that concept is to grasp. You are still stuck in the season 4 mindset that Jaime is a bad swordsman.

Euron is also one of the deadliest fighters in the world. He didnt become the most feared pirate in the 14 seas for no reason. He also fought dirty. And now lets look at the wights. Not Walkers btw. Jaime never fought white walkers, he fought wights. Do you think wights are thinking about where, when and how to strike (even if they are holding a weapon)? No. They are mindless hive monsters who just jump at you. Its not like Jaime had to duel them, he just needed to keep slashing and stabbing like everyone else. Its not hard to believe that he would survive. If you held out long enough with a Valyrian steel sword and his knowledge (which he did) then anyone would probably survive.

Lets go back to Euron. Euron did not act proud as if everyone would know he killed the Kingslayer. He acted proud because HE knew it. You really think Euron cares what people think of him? Not really. Him killing Jaime was all about self gratification. Besides he would have killed Jaime if those rocks hadnt got him first. That dude had some serious organ puncture wounds that he left for too long without getting help, there is no way he was surviving those. For all intents and purpose Euron DID kill Jaime.

I mean really M3J, stop trolling.

When did Jaime take on the guards at Dorne when he was getting his daughter back? Season 4 or 5? I know at the end of Season 5, Myrcella was poisoned and died. And when has he shown improvement? I genuinely can't recall any fight that wasn't with Bronn. The advantage you talk about didn't help him in training, Bronn still kept kicking his ass since Jaime wasn't used to his othe rhand.

yeah, and given Euron is one of the deadliest fighters, this shouldn't have been even nearly as even as it was (even though Euron usually had the upper ground).

Wights in numbers are almost difficult to beat given how they can take on opponents without fear from all direction. It's hard enough to believe Jon's party could stand against the wights for as long as they did, but for Jaime, Brienne, and others to take on hordes of wights for a long while? Yeah, difficult to believe that. I'm also confused as to why you're focused on defending Jaime when I also mentioned others. Sam wasn't even fighting, was he? He was too busy crying and being scared and yet, still alive. Unless I overestimated the amount of wights that they fought and ganged up on the main living characters.

Yeah, still disagree with Euron killing Jaime given Jaime didn't show signs of dying from that, other than bleeding, while the rocks from Dany's attacks actually killed him. I'd believe Euron was responsible if his stabbing Jaime actually led to Jaime's death (like moving too slow to get out before the exits were blocked or whatnot).

Nearing the end of S5 now. Is Ramsay hated more than Joffrey? Or at least equally as hated? I kinda feel like he's worse than him tbh lol

From the torture shit he's done with Theon/Reek and just now seeing him rape Sansa while making Reek watch. Tough stuff to watch.

that is the scene that I was talking about. I know at least one person who actually likes Ramsay

Best villain of the series imo

Nah Joffrey remains more hated. Ramsay was liked hated, but I can't tell why tbh. He had no character and they didn't delve deep enough into his childhood to justify why he was so evil all the time. With Joffrey they gave several instances of his childhood (he's also an incestuous child), but with Ramsay he was evil from the get-go and his only characteristic was that he wanted to please his dad. Without spoiling they throw that all down the toilet. The only villain worse than Ramsay from a writing standpoint was Euron, but Euron was never supposed to be on the same level as Joffrey, Ramsay, Tywin or Cersei. Euron was a third act villain and was always meant to be as such, Ramsay was meant to be THE villain for several seasons.

I'm still bitterly disappointed that Ramsay had no depth, they really could have gone somewhere with it. They could have taken what they had with him and Joffrey and gone deep into the psyche of it, but they didn't.

Interesting takes on Ramsey, twas curious. Can't wait to see him get his comeuppance. Just finished S5 last night...I've accepted I may not catch up before Sunday. :( But I'm still gonna try lmao

Dang, what they did to Stannis' daughter was *censored*ed up lmao

Finally got to the Walk of Shame bit, not sure if I'm supposed to feel for Cersei lol

Daenerys riding Drogon might be the coolest shot ever.

BIG RIP JON SNOW. NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN.

Interesting takes on Ramsey, twas curious. Can't wait to see him get his comeuppance. Just finished S5 last night...I've accepted I may not catch up before Sunday. :( But I'm still gonna try lmao

Dang, what they did to Stannis' daughter was *censored*ed up lmao

Finally got to the Walk of Shame bit, not sure if I'm supposed to feel for Cersei lol

Daenerys riding Drogon might be the coolest shot ever.

BIG RIP JON SNOW. NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN.

You'll see his comeuppance soon enough, and you'll be satisfied, probably, with who and how. And also get mad at his opponent for being dumb and nearly losing the war.

I think a lot of people said burning Stannis' daughter was one of the most *censored*ed up things they've seen in the show, if not the most.

ugh, I still can't tell which dragon is which :(

How can you not tell which one Drogon is? Hes like the main one. The black one. The biggest one.

Drogon is the only one left.

Viserion who was named after her brother Viserys and died first just like her brother did.

Rhaegal named after their eldest brother and Jons dad, fittingly the one Jon rode. He 2 episodes ago symbolising Jon letting go of his potential Targaryen side.

Im looking forward to Bloodmoon, although I believe thats only a working title. If its set 5000 years ago then that means no knights or seven gods. That means no Kings Landing and most of the noble families on the continent. Unless they fudge the timelines and say the Andals settled earlier.

How can you not tell which one Drogon is? Hes like the main one. The black one. The biggest one.

Drogon is the only one left.

Viserion who was named after her brother Viserys and died first just like her brother did.

Rhaegal named after their eldest brother and Jons dad, fittingly the one Jon rode. He 2 episodes ago symbolising Jon letting go of his potential Targaryen side.

Im looking forward to Bloodmoon, although I believe thats only a working title. If its set 5000 years ago then that means no knights or seven gods. That means no Kings Landing and most of the noble families on the continent. Unless they fudge the timelines and say the Andals settled earlier.

They look alike enough, and I don't bother to remember which dragon is which....

The Battle of the Bastards was so good and the ending was so satisfying. ???

yw

That is genuinely very ignorant. Not sure why you would not bother.

Well you didnt even get the idea that Jaime has progressed with his other hand so I should have known you wont be able to tell Drogon (VERY obviously the most recognisable dragon) from the other two.

No one was able to tell me moments that showed he did progress with his other hand, so yeah. And again, I've no reason to believe anyone but Gregor could deal with hordes of wights coming at them, given how we see them attack mindlessly.

Or, I could be remembering wrong, and there weren't that many wights raised from the dead by the Night King when he was going after Bran, and Jon attacked.

Would be easier if they appeared more, but at least it'll be easy to know which one is Drogon, given all things that I don't want to spoil.

No one was able to tell me moments that showed he did progress with his other hand, so yeah. And again, I've no reason to believe anyone but Gregor could deal with hordes of wights coming at them, given how we see them attack mindlessly.

Or, I could be remembering wrong, and there weren't that many wights raised from the dead by the Night King when he was going after Bran, and Jon attacked.

Would be easier if they appeared more, but at least it'll be easy to know which one is Drogon, given all things that I don't want to spoil.

I've already explained why. It's basic logic. The wights attack mindlessly ... you don't think an army of trained soldiers (and highly trained/skilled main characters) couldn't fight them? At least hold them off for a while like they did do. You think wights are parrying, reposting and using strategy in their attacks? No you said it yourself...they are mindless. They are fast and have numbers in their favour, but all these people had to do was slash and stab. You don't have to aim for the head like traditional zombies, you can get them anywhere with a fatal blow and they 'die'. It's not hard to fight wights, unless they swarm you with numbers. Why do you think only Gregor could fight them? Gregor is slow as shit, especially with all that armour. He'd have been taken down eventually and likely quicker than most of the others who are more nimble than he is. Even the Hound and Brienne.

If you think nobody but the Mountain could fight the wights then that isn't a fault with the writing, that's on you for not being able to see things more logically.

Gregor would not be able to be move fast enough to slash and stab at multiple opponents like that. The wights only win via sheer numbers so if you're big and slow you are at a major disadvantage.

It's just the logistics of fighting tbh.

And M3J I'm not sure what more I need to say to make you understand that Jaime isn't a terrible swordsman. If you can't see that he has very OBVIOUSLY progressed with his left hand...like what show have you even been watching? We literally saw his improvement during his training sessions with Bronn. We've seen him go through Dorne, the Riverlands, the Reach and the North having fight scenes in each of them. I think it's very obvious that he continued his training and has gotten better. And as I said (which you chose to ignore for some reason), it's not like forgot how to fight. He didn't lose his memory and his knowledge when he lost his hand.

No one here said that Jaime was as good as he used to be, but he's clearly gotten pretty good again. Good enough anyway. It's all there on screen, I'm not sure how you could miss something like that. I'm not sure how you can still think that Jaime is as crap as he was just after he lost the hand. Or are you just choosing to ignore it? The fact that they bothered to film scenes of him training is a device to tell audiences that he's going to get better again. Those were the entire reason for those scenes in season 4 or 5, whichever they were.

I've already explained why. It's basic logic. The wights attack mindlessly ... you don't think an army of trained soldiers (and highly trained/skilled main characters) couldn't fight them? At least hold them off for a while like they did do. You think wights are parrying, reposting and using strategy in their attacks? No you said it yourself...they are mindless. They are fast and have numbers in their favour, but all these people had to do was slash and stab. You don't have to aim for the head like traditional zombies, you can get them anywhere with a fatal blow and they 'die'. It's not hard to fight wights, unless they swarm you with numbers. Why do you think only Gregor could fight them? Gregor is slow as shit, especially with all that armour. He'd have been taken down eventually and likely quicker than most of the others who are more nimble than he is. Even the Hound and Brienne.

If you think nobody but the Mountain could fight the wights then that isn't a fault with the writing, that's on you for not being able to see things more logically.

I said it myself, HORDES of wights are dangerous enough to take out horse-riding Dothraki with flaming scythes. I don't get why you keep ignoring keywords, and the fact that I keep making it obvious I'm talkin about sheer numbers of wights, not handful. Slashing and stabbing I can understand, but how are they fast enough to slash and stab waves of wights without slowing down or getting tired? That's what I find ridiculous.

His strength and resiliency. You could stab him, and he wouldn't feel anything, and he showed enough strength to get the wights off him (unless sheer number). I'm not saying he'd win, just that he'd do better.

Gregor would not be able to be move fast enough to slash and stab at multiple opponents like that. The wights only win via sheer numbers so if you're big and slow you are at a major disadvantage.

And M3J I'm not sure what more I need to say to make you understand that Jaime isn't a terrible swordsman. If you can't see that he has very OBVIOUSLY progressed with his left hand...like what show have you even been watching? We literally saw his improvement during his training sessions with Bronn. We've seen him go through Dorne, the Riverlands, the Reach and the North having fight scenes in each of them. I think it's very obvious that he continued his training and has gotten better. And as I said (which you chose to ignore for some reason), it's not like forgot how to fight. He didn't lose his memory and his knowledge when he lost his hand.

No one here said that Jaime was as good as he used to be, but he's clearly gotten pretty good again. Good enough anyway. It's all there on screen, I'm not sure how you could miss something like that. I'm not sure how you can still think that Jaime is as crap as he was just after he lost the hand. Or are you just choosing to ignore it? The fact that they bothered to film scenes of him training is a device to tell audiences that he's going to get better again. Those were the entire reason for those scenes in season 4 or 5, whichever they were.

I remember Jaime going through Dorne with either a tie or at a disadvantage against a soldier when he was trying to get his daughter out. Don't remember him fighting other than punching one of the Freys and trying to kill Dany. And as we agreed, the issue wasn't him forgetting how to fight, it was getting used to fighting with his non-dominant hand. I didn't ignore anything.

And yet you can't give me moments or examples of him showing he did improve. If the dragons names thing didn't make it obvious, then it's my memory that's the problem, not ignoring Jaime's improvement, if any. why would I ignore any development from a character that I like?

S7E6 was so good.

Loved the interactions between everyone. *censored*ing intense when they were just surrounded by the White Walkers all night. I knew most of them were gonna live, but still. Daenerys with the save once again with her dragons is always a cool sight. *censored*ing crazy when they took one of the dragons down tho and I was really hoping they'd revive the dragon and stack the odds even more! So glad they did. And Jon at the end shooting his shot after almost just dying lmao

Didn't realize til the end of the episode that I was watching the S7 finale lmao

Oh shit, I might make it to tomorrow actually.

I wonder if Bran is going to do something in the finale that steps up Bloodmoon? That would be fun.

I said it myself, HORDES of wights are dangerous enough to take out horse-riding Dothraki with flaming scythes. I don't get why you keep ignoring keywords, and the fact that I keep making it obvious I'm talkin about sheer numbers of wights, not handful. Slashing and stabbing I can understand, but how are they fast enough to slash and stab waves of wights without slowing down or getting tired? That's what I find ridiculous.

His strength and resiliency. You could stab him, and he wouldn't feel anything, and he showed enough strength to get the wights off him (unless sheer number). I'm not saying he'd win, just that he'd do better.

I remember Jaime going through Dorne with either a tie or at a disadvantage against a soldier when he was trying to get his daughter out. Don't remember him fighting other than punching one of the Freys and trying to kill Dany. And as we agreed, the issue wasn't him forgetting how to fight, it was getting used to fighting with his non-dominant hand. I didn't ignore anything.

And yet you can't give me moments or examples of him showing he did improve. If the dragons names thing didn't make it obvious, then it's my memory that's the problem, not ignoring Jaime's improvement, if any. why would I ignore any development from a character that I like?

Literally the entire battle of winterfell. The battle of the baggage train in season 7. Fighting in Dorne (even though he was still relatively fresh with using the hand there).

The fact that he survived all of those kinda proves my point, but you don't want to admit it.

"Blackened roar
Massive roar fills the crumbling
He hears the silence so loud"

Those lyrics fit perfectly.

Dont go to the popular section of Reddit. One of the top articles is a major spoiler for tonight. Possibly the biggest spoiler possible for this show.

Thanks Reddit!

Archived