Game Of Thrones (No Book Spoilers)

TheHavoc

8x04:

kinda enjoyed this episode more than last week's.

- Jon's a *censored*ing asshole for not only abandoning Ghost but also not petting him before saying goodbye ???

- I was shook when they killed that dragon just quick like that, what the *Censored*

- Missandei ??? Daenerys is this close to going full mad king

Jon did not abandon Ghost.

People seem to forget that Ghost is not his pet. He has never been Jons lapdog. He is a friend and an ally. Its been fairly established that Ghost is his own being. He goes off to do his own things and then every so often comes back to say hello to Jon before wandering off again. Hes been doing that since season 2. He said goodbye to Ghost in the same way that he said goodbye to Sam and Tormund. I enjoyed the symbolism of Jon waving goodbye to his northern life in that scene.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad episode overall, but the writing was inconsistent and lazy at times

- Lyanna and most of the people that died in the last episode were converted into wights by the Night King, and so should have been evaporated once the Night King died (like Viserion and the other White Walkers were). So how were their bodies present for cremation? The only two main characters who could have been possibly cremated were Theon and Jorah. Just something that irked me quite a bit.

- How was Dany - riding a dragon 500 ft. in the air - not able to see a whole fleet of boats approaching them? How was Euron able to take 3 shots at Rhaegal and manage to hit him every single time while taking about 5x that at Drogon and not hitting once, when Drogon is the far bigger dragon? Rhaegal's death came out of the blue but it seemed so easy to kill him to the point that it was utterly unrealistic.

I shall miss Missandei, always liked her. And now I desperately want Grey Worm to be the one to demolish the Mountain. Also think Jaime will be the one to kill Cersei, there's no way I can just see him going back to her for good.

Also feel Varys has been snitching on Dany this whole time, that's how Euron was aware of their plans when he killed Rhaegal.

Emilia Clarke hyped episode 5 recently and I'm seriously looking forward to it. Desperately hope HBO can prevent it from leaking too. Been a problem with 2 of the 4 episodes so far.

Wights have never evaporated, they just slump to the floor. Not like the White Walkers do who burst into ice shards. We've seen more skeletal ones shatter when they fall, but that's because old and rotten bones are fragile when they aren't held up by magic. Lyanna, Khal Qhono, Edd and Beric were all fresh corpses. Viserion was also had a lot of bones showing, hence the reason they fell apart when he re-died, but he didn't burst like the White Walkers do.

Also Dany was flying 500ft in the air, but that doesn't mean she can see over an island and immediately behind it. We saw the Iron Fleet coming out from behind it.

They did get something wrong though. Gendry called himself Gendry Rivers. Hes from Kings Landing, he would be Gendry Waters.

Wights have never evaporated, they just slump to the floor. Not like the White Walkers do who burst into ice shards. We've seen more skeletal ones shatter when they fall, but that's because old and rotten bones are fragile when they aren't held up by magic. Lyanna, Khal Qhono, Edd and Beric were all fresh corpses. Viserion was also had a lot of bones showing, hence the reason they fell apart when he re-died, but he didn't burst like the White Walkers do.

Also Dany was flying 500ft in the air, but that doesn't mean she can see over an island and immediately behind it. We saw the Iron Fleet coming out from behind it.

They did get something wrong though. Gendry called himself Gendry Rivers. Hes from Kings Landing, he would be Gendry Waters.

In the German version he does call himself Waters :P

Also...Asha is Asha and not Yara.

Anyone else see the Starbucks coffee cup they forgot to take out of a scene

Some are joking that it makes it clear that they just don't care anymore.

this episode had nonsense in it but it was still better than last week's. Sad at Missandei dying, but I guess this is the start of Dany's downfall into evilness? Why is it no one will listen to Sansa? Had Dany done that, she could have still had her dragon and Missandei! Now I don't mind Dany razing King's Landing.

and Jaime and Brienne *censored*ing felt too weird. I'd have preferred them as friends who had deep respect and a bond/understanding.

Arya was cold for rejecting Gendry. The Hound also seems so proud of Sansa's growth as he is Arya's. I'm excited for the Cleganes' fight, and I kinda expect Arya to help. I do hope it's Sansa who somehow kills Cersei though.

The way they just cut off Missandei's head. :(

Just got around to it, and this episode was plain weird. First one of the season to not really hit with me. The pacing was weird, and I wasn't too keen on how they handled some scenes. Jon's reveal to Sansa/Arya should've been shown, more Missandei/Cersei would have been great, and FFS Jon, say goodbye to Ghost properly!

Tormund again stole the show. I laugh so hard at everything this man does. Clegane & The Stark sisters had some genuinely tender moments and I loved that too.

Not sure how to feel about Bronn & The Lannisters. I was kinda hoping he'd be less....Bronn towards them, given their past, but I guess this is who he's always been, so I can't really fault them for that. Still, sad it blows my "Bronn kills Cersei" theory out the window,

Gonna get a lot of disappointed looks but I finally started this show basically when this season started. Wasn't trying to jump on the hype bandwagon, but it's just all my friends will talk about right now lol And anyway, I just made it to the Red Wedding today. I'm shooketh. ???

Gonna get a lot of disappointed looks but I finally started this show basically when this season started. Wasn't trying to jump on the hype bandwagon, but it's just all my friends will talk about right now lol And anyway, I just made it to the Red Wedding today. I'm shooketh. ???

The Red Wedding is arguably one of the most disturbing scenes, along with Season 5 or 6, which Theon is forced to witness. You'll see what I mean when you get there. Don't rush to get to Season 8 though, it's so far been disappointing (I'm not the only one who thinks this).

What's Atherton Des?

No that's bullshit. What we saw last episode was that they've built on Kings Landing. They expanded on Maegor's Holdfast that guards the Red Keep and all and towers on the walls that we saw the scorpions on. Kings Landing hasn't changed, we just didn't see it all in the last episode and people are looking for anything to bitch about. God forbid they try and save some money for the expensive CGI by not having to show every location in full.

They aren't phoning it in. The only people that say that are butthurt because this season isn't going the way they wanted it too.

Archived