Game Of Thrones (No Book Spoilers)

TheHavoc

WHen I talk about Bran taking up leadership role, I'm mainly remembering when a farmer had an issue, and Bran told him what to do or what he could do. I legit can't remember anything else.

I was actually wondering if Joffrey was always hated as a king or if he at some point was popular or well-liked like how Cersei went from being jeered to being cheered. I know he was blamed for poverty and had shit thrown at him, in which he retaliated by wanting the entire crowd executed. Christ, he really was a *Censored*.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from rumours and the strife of war at the time, no one really knew Joffrey. He wasn't exactly a public king, he was just a boy. It wasn't until he married Margaery that he started to entertain the possibility of being seen in public and stuff.

Yeah, and Cersei hated Margaery for the effect she had on Joffrey and then Tommen. Joffrey also wasn't very endeared to his men after leaving the Battle Of Blackwater Bay to go run to his mother. Cersei's arc, she's become a bit of a Mad Queen herself. Also lets not forget how Joffrey made a terrible reputation for himself by killing all of Roberts bastards, including babies and small children. His little tourney though seemed to make people happy pretty soon after that though.

And something I've just come across, technically Tyrion & Sansa are still married. What if they're among the few left after the battle with the Night King and Cersei's forces. Those two would have a legitimate case for King & Queen, with Sansa sitting the throne and Tyrion being her advisor at heart.

So many possibilities, I can't wait until April.

The unfortunate thing is with the episodes being so sparse, that a lot of good storytelling may be skipped or missed. It was obvious to me that in certain times with last season, that important plot developments got shelved for the sake of episodic cliff hangars, and trying to simply cram everything in.

Yeah, and Cersei hated Margaery for the effect she had on Joffrey and then Tommen. Joffrey also wasn't very endeared to his men after leaving the Battle Of Blackwater Bay to go run to his mother. Cersei's arc, she's become a bit of a Mad Queen herself. Also lets not forget how Joffrey made a terrible reputation for himself by killing all of Roberts bastards, including babies and small children. His little tourney though seemed to make people happy pretty soon after that though.

And something I've just come across, technically Tyrion & Sansa are still married. What if they're among the few left after the battle with the Night King and Cersei's forces. Those two would have a legitimate case for King & Queen, with Sansa sitting the throne and Tyrion being her advisor at heart.

It will probably be mentioned, but the marriage was never consummated and is therefor annulled. I know thats how people have gotten out of marriages in the books and don't forget that she did get married (with consummation to Ramsay.) So she's a widow, not a wife.

It will probably be mentioned, but the marriage was never consummated and is therefor annulled. I know thats how people have gotten out of marriages in the books and don't forget that she did get married (with consummation to Ramsay.) So she's a widow, not a wife.

Ohh thats true. I had a mind freeze and forgot that she was forced to marry Ramsay. So yeah you're right, she's a widow. And unfortunately for her, that marriage was actually consumated.

• 1 month later...

That trailer doe. Jaime being in Winterfell. Mad feels yo.

I really think Tyrion is going to die. I think he's going to end up turning on Daenaerys, Jon & Jaime and in someway helping his sister, Euron & The Golden Company (Nice to see their armor is based off the novels, Gold) The behind the scenes footage of what people claimed were Harry Strickland, he just had on a black cloak. Wonder what Arya was running from.

I have heard that a battle this season is the longest battle sequence ever on TV and is even longer than the siege of Helms Deep in LOTR Two Towers.

If true, that is *censored*ing nuts

• 1 month later...

Boys I cried happy tears and I cried sad tears and now I'm going into a slump until next week.

Good start. Pretty much what I expected. There were a lot of reunions and connections that needed to be made this season and getting most of them done in the first episode was smart. Sets things up super well..

That kids scream at the end was awesome. I thought my mans Tormund was gonna bite the dust.

Some fun details in this episode. Tormund/Beric and Dolorous Edd/Night's Watch ended up bumping into each other at Last Hearth. Geographically the place that makes the most sense as the first major stop coming down from the Wall. I really thought Tormund and Beric would just go to Castle Black. So kudos to them for introducing a new location in the final location.

Also the entire intro with Dany arriving at Winterfell paralleled the first episode. The kid running through the crowd like Arya did when King Robert arrived. Jon hugging Bran like Robert hugging Ned whilst the queen lingers behind. It was even the same music. Great stuff.

Euron Greyjoy is that *Censored*.

Sam's revelation to Jon was kinda uneventful imo and seemed rushed. His reaction to the news wasn't also as... amazed as I had hoped for.

The Umber boy's scream was the best part of the show. Happened outta nowhere and caught me by surprise. Already liking the tension between Sansa and Daenerys and Jon stuck in the middle of it, although it'll be now interesting to see how he reacts after he's learned the truth.

Tormund and Tyrion were dope as usual and next week's episode looks fire from the trailer. I attribute that to Jaime getting proper screen time.

Also, I want him to kill Bran. God he's so *censored*ing annoying.

Bran just got weird af.

He just be sitting there wholetime, staring. And poor Ned Umber. And one thing I dont understand is Sam wanting his brother and father spared. I got the impression that Lord Tarly had no type of love for Sam. Yet, Sams all sad and shit and now hates Daenaerys. Which makes no damn sense to me because not only did she offer them the chance to live by bending the knee, they flatly refused her offer, hell was she supposed to do? I hate pussified Samwell.

One more thing

I think the directors are trying to cram a bit of the Aegon/Young Griff story into Jon, with the reveal coming in the first episode I foresee the Golden Company somehow finding out about Jon's true heritage and switching sides right in the middle of battle when they come along with the Lannister army, and fighting for Jon.

Loved Bran in this episode.

He feels like a old-man-role, but since he's so young it's uncanny and you automatically expect the child to come through.

But no. He remains an old man, even talking like one.

I guess I'm one of the few with that

Bran just got weird af.

He just be sitting there wholetime, staring. And poor Ned Umber. And one thing I dont understand is Sam wanting his brother and father spared. I got the impression that Lord Tarly had no type of love for Sam. Yet, Sams all sad and shit and now hates Daenaerys. Which makes no damn sense to me because not only did she offer them the chance to live by bending the knee, they flatly refused her offer, hell was she supposed to do? I hate pussified Samwell.

One more thing

I think the directors are trying to cram a bit of the Aegon/Young Griff story into Jon, with the reveal coming in the first episode I foresee the Golden Company somehow finding out about Jon's true heritage and switching sides right in the middle of battle when they come along with the Lannister army, and fighting for Jon.

I didnt at all get the vibe that Sam instantly hates her. Shell shocked, dumbfounded, annoyed and in denial maybe? Sure, but hate? All he did was tell Jon the truth and he was always going to side with Jon any way. He definitely doesnt like her, but I cant imagine Sam will ever harbour a hate grudge. You saw how upset he was over his family ... he didnt even hate his dad. He was upset because someone he knew for his entire life was executed. His brother specifically, but despite their strained relationship, I think you can understand why Sam would still be upset. He always wanted the chance to prove his dad wrong and now he cant. He was like the anti-Ramsay. Im sure Sam understands why she did it after they refused to kneel, but its still some shocking shit to be told.

I dont imagine Sam to start scheming behind her back over it. Just stand by Jon like he always has done.

Euron Greyjoy is that *Censored*.

Sam's revelation to Jon was kinda uneventful imo and seemed rushed. His reaction to the news wasn't also as... amazed as I had hoped for.

The Umber boy's scream was the best part of the show. Happened outta nowhere and caught me by surprise. Already liking the tension between Sansa and Daenerys and Jon stuck in the middle of it, although it'll be now interesting to see how he reacts after he's learned the truth.

Tormund and Tyrion were dope as usual and next week's episode looks fire from the trailer. I attribute that to Jaime getting proper screen time.

Also, I want him to kill Bran. God he's so *censored*ing annoying.

Why would Jon be amazed by it? Sam didnt exactly present any evidence. Not yet anyway. Jon was shocked and confused.

Archived