Hockey Thread

L.I.O.

[quote name='Size Matters' post='797142' date='Oct 22 2006, 05:15 PM']Surprised no one has dared to talk about the amazing sport about Hockey.

My favorite team is the Islanders :D[/quote]
I got to see them in training camp :D The Leafs are going to win the cup this year,no question about it.the raeson that nobody talks about hockey is that people have made threads before and they kept dieing no matter how hard I tried to make them stay alive.But yeah,hockey is my favoruite sport by far!Do you guys play hockey?

[quote name='Size Matters' post='797178' date='Oct 22 2006, 05:21 PM']I want to play hockey but I dont know how to keep standing on skates LOL. Lucky you, you got to see the Isles in camp. I hope they make it in the playoffs but they have been losing alot. If my mind doesnt correct me they won last time.[/quote]
It just takes a bit of practice,I have been skating since I was like three.I think they won,if the leafs don't win I'll be hoping for the Islanders because they are one of the few NHL teams that I have actually seen play.they were here for training camp last year to and I think that they are coming next year too so i'll get to see them play quite a bit.Where I live the highest level of hockey is Jr.A sadly.But I'm gonna try out for the junior team,hopefully I'll make it.I can't try out for it this year though since I'm too young.I play Midget AAA right now.

Do you like actually want to play hockey professionaly? Do you remember a couple of years, it was Leafs/Isles in the playoffs and in every game it was so freakin hostile there? I was at one of those games and I had the time of my life at the Nassau Coliseum. Because the crowd was so loud I could barely hear myself think. It was probably the best Hockey playoff series' I have seen ever in my life.

[quote name='Size Matters' post='797232' date='Oct 22 2006, 05:31 PM']Do you like actually want to play hockey professionaly? Do you remember a couple of years, it was Leafs/Isles in the playoffs and in every game it was so freakin hostile there? I was at one of those games and I had the time of my life at the Nassau Coliseum. Because the crowd was so loud I could barely hear myself think. It was probably the best Hockey playoff series' I have seen ever in my life.[/quote]
I don't think I'm near good enough to play proffesional.I want to,maybe I could play like ECHL or something.Junior A is probably the best I'll get to do.I remember that series.I think the leafs won too. :D The loudest game I was at was one of the stanley cup final games.The season where Ray Boruque retired.
SS:Avalanche is Colorado.

[quote name='scottstewart737' post='797375' date='Oct 22 2006, 05:01 PM'][quote name='Size Matters' post='797232' date='Oct 22 2006, 05:31 PM']
Do you like actually want to play hockey professionaly? Do you remember a couple of years, it was Leafs/Isles in the playoffs and in every game it was so freakin hostile there? I was at one of those games and I had the time of my life at the Nassau Coliseum. Because the crowd was so loud I could barely hear myself think. It was probably the best Hockey playoff series' I have seen ever in my life.[/quote]
I don't think I'm near good enough to play proffesional.I want to,maybe I could play like ECHL or something.Junior A is probably the best I'll get to do.I remember that series.I think the leafs won too. :D [b]The loudest game I was at was one of the stanley cup final games.The season where Ray Boruque retired.[/b]
SS:Avalanche is Colorado.
[/quote]
Dude, you went to the Stanley Cup?! How cool was that? How do you get tickets to see the Cup? Lucky scottstewart737.

*jealousy*

[quote name='Size Matters' post='800536' date='Oct 23 2006, 04:57 PM']Your really lucky man. I have always dreamed to be apart of a main event like the Cup, Super Bowl, World Series, etc.[/quote]
me and my dad went to a world series game too :P It was the Atlanta Braves vs the Yankees,I was pretty young back then and I can't really remember much about it though.I'm quite suprised with Jordan Staal this year,I thought he wasn't even going to play in the NHL and he's already scored three goals.
EDIT:oops it wasn't the Braves vs Yankees,I forget,I'll go find the ticke ts and check.

[quote name='Size Matters' post='800582' date='Oct 23 2006, 05:09 PM']Anybody else think how good the Penguins are gonna be in the future? I mean they got Sidney Crosby and that guy Malkov or whatever his name is. There are gonna be amazing in the future. I just hopethe Isles can control them.[/quote]
Yeah,the Pens do have a great looking future.They have Crosby,Malkin,Staal,Oullet and even Fluery is starting to pick up his game.But really they are all forwards,what the Pens should be focusing on now is defence.

[quote name='KeNnEdY-ThEaNiMaL' post='801353' date='Oct 23 2006, 06:55 PM']Avalanche Rock
but i am going to a Panthers game tonight[/quote]
Lucky.I don't really like the Panthers anymore since they traded my favorite goalie,Luongo to Vancouver.But still I like Todd Bertuzzi a lot,I just prefer him on Vancouver.I used to love the Avalanche the year they had Bourque,Sackic,Forsberg and all those other guys.But thats probably only because that was the year I got to see them in the stanley cup finals.

[quote name='scottstewart737' post='797160' date='Oct 22 2006, 04:17 PM'][quote name='Size Matters' post='797142' date='Oct 22 2006, 05:15 PM']
Surprised no one has dared to talk about the amazing sport about Hockey.

My favorite team is the Islanders :D[/quote]
I got to see them in training camp :D The Leafs are going to win the cup this year,no question about it.the raeson that nobody talks about hockey is that people have made threads before and they kept dieing no matter how hard I tried to make them stay alive.But yeah,hockey is my favoruite sport by far!Do you guys play hockey?
[/quote]
I hate leaf fans >_>.....

I cheer for Teh Sens(being canadian and all :P) and Buffalo.

I agree with you on colorado, They only have sakic, roy and borque left...Joses doing a poor *censored*ing job, etc...
Anywho happy that my sabres are 9-0 SHUTOUT last night xD. Montreal promised a victory :rolleyes:

[quote name='scottstewart737' post='803510' date='Oct 24 2006, 10:35 AM']I'm canadian but I cheer for the proper Canadian team,Toronto,not the Sens.I was hoping for the sens last year in the playoffs until they lost to Buffalo.how long do you guys think Buffalos undefeated streak will go?[/quote]
I have no clue. But Scottstewart, I was at the Islander game when they faced Buffalo a couple days ago, and they kicked the Isles asses. They looking pretty good.

Archived