Unpopular Gaming Opinions

D'Evil

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metal Gear Solid 4's story was damned terrible.

I disagree, I thought the gameplay sucked. Just didn't feel like a Metal Gear game to me, felt like it was stuck somewhat between Metal Gear and Gears of War

I disagree with you both, granted the 3 previous games were better but the fourth was still awesome, albeit with the lengthy cut scenes.

Also, the end battle was gold.

-Sonic 06 is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

-Pokemon Gens 1 and 2 are nearly unplayable now.

-I'm indifferent towards CoD

-Ocarina is one of the most overrated games of all time.Still good,though

-Xenoblade is equally overrated,but not very good.Savior my a**.

-To everyone who says all modern jrpgs,except for xenoblade suck:Pokemon,Disgaea,Tales,Megaman BN,Persona 4...

-I hate gore

-Brawl and Melee are equally good;just different.

-I was okay with G4's top 100 list.

-Digimon x Pokemon is one of the WORST ideas ever for multiple reasons and I'm thankful it'll never actually happen.

-Keep Cloud out of PS All-Stars

-Valvatorez>Laharl

The New Super Mario Bros Series is just as guilty as Call of Duty when it comes to rehashes. In some cases even more guilty.

Same could be said about nearly ANY game that has more than one game. Call of duty (though I despise the game and it's FANBASE even more) gets un-needed criticism SOMETIMES due to the rehash argument.

When people speak about Call of duty, and act like it's a god send, I just tune them out, same goes for those that despise it because of rehashing. I tend to try and ignore the game as a whole, as it's not for me, ya know.

Walking Dead was not GOTY worthy to me..think it's massively overrated.

THIS.

And neither was Journey.

-Sonic 06 is nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

-Pokemon Gens 1 and 2 are nearly unplayable now.

-Digimon x Pokemon is one of the WORST ideas ever for multiple reasons and I'm thankful it'll never actually happen.

Sonic 06 is bad, but as you said it's not that bad. Probably is the worst Sonic Game though.

Yeah. Far too mcuh differnces to play them now. Also once you've done the League there's nothing else to do unlike the newer ones.

Digimon would win that because they can change form at will. They're losing? Just Divgivole to the next Powerful Level and boom, they can win. Pokemon stay in the same form 99% of the time, unless they get a lucky evolution mid battle. Which can't even happen in Games.

I'll agree with the statement that The Walking Dead didn't deserve all the credit it's got. It's basically a interactive movie, I can't really justify comparing that to the effort people put into actual game mechanics and design in terms of what's better made. I will give it credit for having a great cast and story though, much better than the actual show.

I'll agree with the statement that The Walking Dead didn't deserve all the credit it's got. It's basically a interactive movie, I can't really justify comparing that to the effort people put into actual game mechanics and design in terms of what's better made.

This is basically how I feel about MGS 4.

I'll agree with the statement that The Walking Dead didn't deserve all the credit it's got. It's basically a interactive movie, I can't really justify comparing that to the effort people put into actual game mechanics and design in terms of what's better made.

This is basically how I feel about MGS 4.

lmao

The Zombies should NOT run slower on the new "Turned" mode for Black Ops 2. Ever get in a match with someone who gets a high kill score against the zombies? Imagine how hard it would be to get those types of players if the zombies ran slower. Think logically....

I didn't mean to rant like that, but there are Bo2 players who actually want the zombies to run slower on the new DLC mode.

Yep, another one of those threads.

- Call of Duty is, was, and always has been rehashed and regurgitated garbage.

- Saints Row 3 is absolute shit, and it looks really shit in comparison to 2.

- The first 8 Mortal Kombat games were horribly broken, horribly designed messes. It wasn't until 9 did they actually fix the gameplay to something passable, and even then the designs aren't exactly my cup of tea.

- Street Fighter 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Street Fighter II, Alpha, and IV in terms of just about everything. I consider Third Strike to be the GOAT of fighting games.

- Skyrim's boring as f ck.

- MVC2 is probably one of the laziest releases Capcom has ever done. The gameplay was broken, and the character sprites were all re-used from other games with the exception of a small few. MVC3 is a hell of a lot better.

- The Smackdown! Vs Raw series was terrible.

- Rockstar, Grasshopper Manufacture, Valve, and Platinum Games are the best developers in the industry right now.

I'm feeling lazy, so right now I'm just going to respond to your original post. No offense intended btw man, as opinions about video games are just that... opinions about games. But I do disagree with quite a bit of your list here.

But firstly I agree with one big one here:

I'll start with COD. I agree that COD multiplayer is shit. Yes, it really is an awful camp-fest that feels more like work than play. I hate COD multiplayer and what I hate more is the legions of fans who treat it like it is the gold standard in defining skill level in FPS games. The whole game revolves around the cheapest tactics more so than skill.

However, COD has some things going for it. The campaign modes (specifically the Black Ops part of the series) are well designed, well written, well acted and honestly can be alot of fun. Also you just can't go wrong with the zombies mode, it's too f'n fun. It's a great online party game.

I like SR3, sure the DLC sucked, but the actual game and Saints Row 2 as well are both more fun to play than GTA4. Yes I said it. That is my big unpopular gaming opinion. GTA4 felt like GTA with training wheels on, at least until The Lost and the Damned when it finally felt like you could create some actual chaos in the game. Saints Row is like GTA without all the restrictions that Rockstar imposes to try and make their ridiculous games seem more realistic.

I agree on MK all the way. Mortal Kombat requires no f'n skill. It's always been a bad system, but it does have the most BAD ASS characters in any fighting game. The blood and gore was a gimmick, the fatalities are a novelty, it's the ICONIC characters they've created that have kept the series going. I just wish they could have a decent fighting system involved!

Third Strike was a good game, but it was still kind of the redheaded stepchild of the SF series. I know a ton of people went from the II games to the 4 games. Skipping 3 entirely. Perhaps that is a shame, because III is a good game, but I can sort of see why.

Skyrim is NOT boring at all. But you have to:

A: Enjoy the setting, atmosphere and themes

B: Enjoy real sandbox gameplay

Skyrim is neverending sandbox fun in the type of world I want to play in. That doesn't mean it's for everyone though.

I agree with MvC 3 being a big improvement!

SvR 2006 and 2007 were fan-f'n-tastic and mostly the reason why I am even here right now.

Naughty Dog is one the best developers going right now and this is coming from someone who doesn't play on PS3.

Arkham Asylum was better than City.

My opinion is NO... hell NO even.

But the honest answer is this. It comes down to whether you prefer linear or open world. Personally I prefer open world by far... so I like City much better. Asylum was a great way though to introduce the well designed game mechanics and overall feel to a new audience. City is like the fully fleshed out and realized vision of the game.

Yep, another one of those threads.

- Call of Duty is, was, and always has been rehashed and regurgitated garbage.

- Saints Row 3 is absolute shit, and it looks really shit in comparison to 2.

- The first 8 Mortal Kombat games were horribly broken, horribly designed messes. It wasn't until 9 did they actually fix the gameplay to something passable, and even then the designs aren't exactly my cup of tea.

- Street Fighter 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Street Fighter II, Alpha, and IV in terms of just about everything. I consider Third Strike to be the GOAT of fighting games.

- Skyrim's boring as f ck.

- MVC2 is probably one of the laziest releases Capcom has ever done. The gameplay was broken, and the character sprites were all re-used from other games with the exception of a small few. MVC3 is a hell of a lot better.

- The Smackdown! Vs Raw series was terrible.

- Rockstar, Grasshopper Manufacture, Valve, and Platinum Games are the best developers in the industry right now.

I'm feeling lazy, so right now I'm just going to respond to your original post. No offense intended btw man, as opinions about video games are just that... opinions about games. But I do disagree with quite a bit of your list here.

But firstly I agree with one big one here:

I'll start with COD. I agree that COD multiplayer is shit. Yes, it really is an awful camp-fest that feels more like work than play. I hate COD multiplayer and what I hate more is the legions of fans who treat it like it is the gold standard in defining skill level in FPS games. The whole game revolves around the cheapest tactics more so than skill.

However, COD has some things going for it. The campaign modes (specifically the Black Ops part of the series) are well designed, well written, well acted and honestly can be alot of fun. Also you just can't go wrong with the zombies mode, it's too f'n fun. It's a great online party game.

I like SR3, sure the DLC sucked, but the actual game and Saints Row 2 as well are both more fun to play than GTA4. Yes I said it. That is my big unpopular gaming opinion. GTA4 felt like GTA with training wheels on, at least until The Lost and the Damned when it finally felt like you could create some actual chaos in the game. Saints Row is like GTA without all the restrictions that Rockstar imposes to try and make their ridiculous games seem more realistic.

I agree on MK all the way. Mortal Kombat requires no f'n skill. It's always been a bad system, but it does have the most BAD ASS characters in any fighting game. The blood and gore was a gimmick, the fatalities are a novelty, it's the ICONIC characters they've created that have kept the series going. I just wish they could have a decent fighting system involved!

Third Strike was a good game, but it was still kind of the redheaded stepchild of the SF series. I know a ton of people went from the II games to the 4 games. Skipping 3 entirely. Perhaps that is a shame, because III is a good game, but I can sort of see why.

Skyrim is NOT boring at all. But you have to:

A: Enjoy the setting, atmosphere and themes

B: Enjoy real sandbox gameplay

Skyrim is neverending sandbox fun in the type of world I want to play in. That doesn't mean it's for everyone though.

I agree with MvC 3 being a big improvement!

SvR 2006 and 2007 were fan-f'n-tastic and mostly the reason why I am even here right now.

Naughty Dog is one the best developers going right now and this is coming from someone who doesn't play on PS3.

Arkham Asylum was better than City.

My opinion is NO... hell NO even.

But the honest answer is this. It comes down to whether you prefer linear or open world. Personally I prefer open world by far... so I like City much better. Asylum was a great way though to introduce the well designed game mechanics and overall feel to a new audience. City is like the fully fleshed out and realized vision of the game.

Goddamnit, realise Skyrim is mediocre already! :P

Archived