Playstation 4 Has Arrived

nWo_Kevin

If it turns out not to be the next Playstation, it really wouldn't be Sony's fault. The internet is what is hyping it to be the PS4. I can't wait for the 20th, but I'm not going to get too hyped until then. But I'm sure whatever the announcement is, it will be a big one. That being the PS4, or something else.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I would post a news story from Kotaku with some pretty interesting rumors:

A reliable Kotaku source has informed us that the PlayStation 4, codenamed Orbis, will be out this November in the United States.

Our sourcethe same reliable source who back in early 2012 told us the codename for Sony's next console and the codename for Microsoft's next consoletells us that there are two models planned for the new machine, and that pricing won't be announced until later this year, possibly around E3. The current plan, our source says, is to release them at $429 and $529, but that could change.

New information revealed by our source suggests that on top of all that, you'll also be able to control the PS4 remotely from your tablet or smartphone. You'll be able to use a mobile device to chat with your PS4 friends or buy games which are then automatically downloaded to your machine, our source says.

Orbis is also following the path first set by Xbox Live: our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus.

(No word on whether that's related to PlayStation Cloud, domains for which Sony registered on Friday. We couldn't find any domains or trademarks registered for PlayStation World.)

Some other tidbits: our source says that every PS4 will come with a PlayStation Eye; that a new spectating feature will let you watch other friends play games from your console's dashboard, even when you don't own the game they're playing; and that the console will support local network play via Vita.

A few things I took away from the rumors assuming they are true. The price seems a little high but honestly I expect the PS3 to be $399 so I'm not going to complain about $30 more although my price sounds more likely only because its a nice number.

I have no problems paying for "Playstation World" if it continues to act like PS+ which I believe kills Xbox Live. I wouldn't even think about paying for online gameplay when Sony releases a free game every month to play.

The PS Eye could be a fun tool to battle the Kinect and being able to watch others play their game could be really fun, especially with games like Call of Duty or NFL Madden. I guess we'll find out tomorrow what's true and what isn't.

I think it looks a little wider in the middle. The analog sticks look a little more spaced out. I don't think the touch pad and PS Move light are necessary but I like the idea of the rumored share button. No Start and Select button? May need to use the touch pad maybe. Looking forward to the reveal tomorrow. Probably hang myself if it's to announce a couple more colours for the Vita lol.

You guys need to get your eyes check if you don't notice the changes on the controller. There's a touchpad (not a touchscreen I don't know how some of you see a screen), a speaker, a different d-pad, different analogs, PS Move (?) and the grips are wider.

You guys need to get your eyes check if you don't notice the changes on the controller. There's a touchpad (not a touchscreen I don't know how some of you see a screen), a speaker, a different d-pad, different analogs, PS Move (?) and the grips are wider.

I think one guy (not some) mentioned a screen. Calm down lol.

Decided to make changes to the main page instead of on the last page. My stream is a little laggy so I'll update when I can.

A Few Updates:

Games can be played AS they are being downloaded.

Hardware suports suspending and resuming play sessions. Preserving game in RAM.

Demos can be played in real time, no downloads.

So what does everyone think so far?

Archived