Unpopular Music Opinions

Twiztid Kratos

Rap is not as hard as it looks. Anyone can talk over a beat and randomly make words rhyme.

Yes, because we all know how easy it is to master flow, breath control, and delivery. It's also insanely easy to pack in metaphors, clever wordplay, story-telling, and double/triple entendres into lyrics while maintaining one's rhyme schemes. And having a good ear for your production, so simple.

/sarcasm.

TL;DR - Sounds like you don't know shit 'bout rap. Sorry b.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rap is not as hard as it looks. Anyone can talk over a beat and randomly make words rhyme.

True.

But not everyone can do it well, however.

Anyway,

-ICP for all the flack they get are nowhere they worst thing in music as some people like to think. When they put their minds to it, they can create some memorable tracks. People can't seem to get past the gimmick...

-Metallica. Even if it was a good album, I feel AJFA is probably weakest effort of their big 4 albums.

-Justin Bieber. Another one labeled as the worst thing in music. His music is not my cup of tea, obviously. But the hate this guy gets is insane. It's no different than the boy "band" craze many years ago.

-Tech N9ne. Incredible rapper. Just wish the ratio of good songs to crappy ones was a bit better. Seems for every good song like "The Noose" he makes a 5 stinkers like "Flash".

-Technical bands, ie. stuff like Animals as Leaders, etc.. Talented musicians, no doubt. But being able to play a million notes a minute with odd time signatures doesn't equate to good music.

That's it for now.

edit: blah. full of typos..

Yes, because we all know how easy it is to master flow, breath control, and delivery. It's also insanely easy to pack in metaphors, clever wordplay, story-telling, and double/triple entendres into lyrics while maintaining one's rhyme schemes. And having a good ear for your production, so simple.

/sarcasm.

you are so right, I mean.... it takes such a mastery of the English language and delivery to produce a modern rap song! -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WJUf8AX8kM

Jimi Hendrix is overrated as a guitar player. He only had one hit song

I'm sorry, I understand everyone has is entitled to their own opinions, but this one is just wrong. It's just not true.

For mine:

- In most bands, the singer is the least important member for me, of course there are exceptions, but as a whole singers are generally the least important in contributing to a band's sound.

- Hip Hop today is as good as, I not better than it has ever been.

- Trap/Hype music is not as bad as its made out to be. Just take it for what it is an enjoy.

- Eyedea is top 10, if not 5 in my conversation of GOAT rappers.

- The best drummer in the world today is Matt Greiner of August Burns Red.

- Justin Bieber is arguably the most talented artist of the mainstream today, and one of the most talented we've had in a while.

Probably more to come

/sarcasm.

you are so right, I mean.... it takes such a mastery of the English language and delivery to produce a modern rap song! -_-

Who said that Nicki Minaj was good at rap though? She's terrible. Anyone can attempt any given genre, wether it be rap, rock, country, ETC. That doesn't mean that genre is simple, it means making it in that genre is a different matter. Your point is invalid.

Everyone can do X, but not everyone can do it right.

This guy gets it.

If you think rap is easy, you have no *censored*ing clue what you're talking about. Go write even one song as good as say Kendrick or early 2000s Em then we can talk. And that's just lyrics, then go find the perfect beat for it, and deliver the best possible flow for that beat without losing your breath or your voice becoming incomprehensible.

I love when people are so ignorant towards arts by calling them easy mainly Rap or hell even Rock it's ridiculous. Yet those are the same people who could not even write as poem let alone a full rap song.

- Today's music doesn't suck. People who claim that should search a bit and they'll find lots of great bands and artists.

- Lady Gaga isn't as bad as some people say she is. Same goes for Nickelback (I mean, some of their songs are enjoyable).

- Dubstep is some cool shit

- Current Metallica is still good.

- Fozzy put out one of the best Metal albums of 2012

- Justin Bieber gets too much hate. I hate him too, but I admit that he is a very talented singer (but not one of the most talented artists of today) and wouldn't get as much hate if he'd only do acoustic songs.

- Michael Jackson belongs in the Top 10 greatest artists of all time.

- Bad > Thriller

- Bruce Springsteen is a tad bit overrated (I'm looking at you, Rolling Stone).

- Anything Bob Dylan put out after Blonde on Blonde is inferior to his 60s work

- Led Zeppelin was Heavy Metal

- N.W.A. > Wu-Tang

- Kanye West is one of Hip Hop's GOATs

Being a Belieber, I completely, and obviously agree! :P

So here are mine:

- Nicki Minaj gets too much hate nowadays. From the way she dresses and looks to her songs. They don't get that behind the crazy clothes and makeup, is a very kind-hearted individual who really cares about people.

- Lady Gaga, even though I don't listen to her that much since she apparently went missing from the music scene, is really talented.

- Kesha doesn't always sing about glitter and partying as much as people ASSUME she does. She has songs that talk about relationships and stuff.

- One Direction isn't gay. They're all single.

- I only Lil Wayne when he's featured in a song, I don't really like HIS songs... except for "Mr. Carter."

(quick note. I respect others opinions and views, but lets ALL do the same. I may have my knocks towards current hip hop, but lets respect each others views on it, whether positive OR negative, debating is fine, but lets keep it cool. Not every one is going to like something you like, it's a part of life, hence the unpopular opinions idea :) )

- Rock/Metal for the most part nowadays sound awfully generic to me. Bands like Five Finger Death Punch, Seether, Nickleback, Creed, Three Days Grace, and Avenged Sevenfold sound like shit.

Its clearly that you haven't taking advantage of a great tool we have called the internet.

- Rock/Metal for the most part nowadays sound awfully generic to me. Bands like Five Finger Death Punch, Seether, Nickleback, Creed, Three Days Grace, and Avenged Sevenfold sound like shit.

Its clearly that you haven't taking advantage of a great tool we have called the internet.

True, I'll give you that one.

Eminem is good but he's not the GOAT like people make him out to be.

You take away his insane multi syllable and metaphor ability, he really doesn't have anything to say beyond:

I do drugs

I hate my mom and all women

I'm white and if I was black no one would like me

I don't get respect

Im rich but sad and depressed and I got clean, but life still sucks with all my millions

Beyond that.......

Which would automatically take away him from being the Greatest, ONE of the best lyricists in word play, yes, that's about it.

Whoa, how is Michael Jackson being in the top greatest artist of all time an unpopular opinion? *Censored* top 10, *Censored* top 5, Michael Jackson IS the greatest artist of all time.

/sarcasm.

*Censored*, you can't rap.

Whoa, how is Michael Jackson being in the top greatest artist of all time an unpopular opinion? *Censored* top 10, *Censored* top 5, Michael Jackson IS the greatest artist of all time.

Well, to me, he is the greatest (solo) artist of all time (alongside Dylan and Elvis). I totally agree.

MJ's usually ranked at #30-#40 in a lot of "GAOAT"-lists though. I do think it is an unpopular opinion - especially among music critics - to list Jackson as one of the Top 5/10 greatest artists of all time.

Hahaha. If you take away his entire body of work he's not that special.

I know your a massive Eminem fan so no surprise to see you reply. I still enjoy some of his aIbums just think most of them are very average (apart from Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show which I really enjoyed and thought they were great.)

Well, to me, he is the greatest (solo) artist of all time (alongside Dylan and Elvis). I totally agree.

MJ's usually ranked at #30-#40 in a lot of "GAOAT"-lists though. I do think it is an unpopular opinion - especially among music critics - to list Jackson as one of the Top 5/10 greatest artists of all time.

I see what you're saying. I personally don't put much thought into those lists though, most of them come from people who don't really know any better, who let all of the bullcrap from his personal life somehow affect his standing as an entertainer.

Archived