Unpopular Music Opinions

Twiztid Kratos

Pop & Hip Hop lack what Rock has. In rock the band writes the songs, composes them, and then plays them, and sometimes produces them. Hip Hop & Pop has a group of people to write a song(more Hip Hop than pop), has different producers, and takes just uses parts of other songs to make their own. To me they lack the originality of rock.

You don't think any hip-hop artists/rappers write their own songs?

I'm sure a lot do. They get known using their own most the time, but most start having others do part of it. I don't know if it's the record label or the artists, but to see how many people it takes to write The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem vs. Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) by Marilyn Manson, which is like 20 for 19 songs vs. 1 for 19 songs.

Because the songs feature other people, it would be written by no one but Eminem if they were all songs featuring solely him.

But he only wrote by himself 1 song, and over half the album was him rapping by himself.

Most rappers don't write the chorus/hook. They just rap. Just because a song has a co-writer doesn't mean thy wrote the entire song.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kanye West is criminally over-rated. I like a couple of his older songs but none of the stuff he's released in the last number of years has done anything for me. How he's considered to be great is beyond me.

Most of todays punk bands are absolutely awful. Don't even get me started on Pop Punk..

What albums of his have you given a listen?

The only album I ever heard in it's entirety was Yeezus.

And there is the problem. Undoubtably his worst album, by quite a margin. Listen to any of his albums before that before forming an opinion on him. I do agree about his fanbase though.

lol, just huge *censored*ing lol @ anyone who plays a guitar or listens to 'guitar music' and im 100% SRS (no jokes here)...whenever i hear it im just all like "yah maybe this would sound ok back in my dedo's day because thats all they had, but now we have laptops and turntables!! xd wtf is this!??"

lol, just huge *censored*ing lol @ anyone who plays a guitar or listens to 'guitar music' and im 100% SRS (no jokes here)...whenever i hear it im just all like "yah maybe this would sound ok back in my dedo's day because thats all they had, but now we have laptops and turntables!! xd wtf is this!??"

This may be the single dumbest post I've seen...not just on this forum, but on the entire internet.

"dedo"

that was just a typo bros ehehe...i am NOT an euro *angry emoji*

This may be the single dumbest post I've seen...not just on this forum, but on the entire internet.

no u r wrong my firend...URS was the dumbest!! please delete ur erroneous, factually incorrect post

"dedo"

that was just a typo bros ehehe...i am NOT an euro *angry emoji*

no u r wrong my firend...URS was the dumbest!! please delete ur erroneous, factually incorrect post

no i no thiz the dumbest thing i have ever seen too

Kanye West is criminally over-rated. I like a couple of his older songs but none of the stuff he's released in the last number of years has done anything for me. How he's considered to be great is beyond me.

Most of todays punk bands are absolutely awful. Don't even get me started on Pop Punk..

What albums of his have you given a listen?

The only album I ever heard in it's entirety was Yeezus. It had a couple of good songs, but nothing I feel I'd be missing out on had I never heard it. Perhaps It's just because I'm more of a fan of the Underground style of hip hop (Immortal Technique, Diabolic, Ill Bill, etc) that I'm not a big fan of his music, but I really don't get the hype. His fanbase feels almost like the kind of fanbase that One Direction or Justin Bieber have; the kind who love and defend the music regardless of it's quality. I guess that's the definition of a fan, but I feel like the average fan (of anything, not just music) can enjoy something while still being able to see it for what it is.

Listen to his first 3, or I'll even give you just one -- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

I give you props for at least trying to lend your ear to one of his albums, but it's kind of harsh to call a man's artistry criminally overrated by only listening to 1 out of 7 albums.

Archived