Unpopular Music Opinions

Twiztid Kratos

I like the concept of these sort of threads, and since we have a Wrestling and a Movies one, Music deserves the nod, so, I'll give it a start.

Big Pun was FAR better than Pac AND Biggie

Wu Tang Clan as a 9 member unit, were the greatest collection of rappers ever, better than Death Row, Cash Money/Young Money, No Limit, Bad Boy, Murda Inc, AND Shady Aftermath.

Grunge as a WHOLE is a very overrated genre.

Nu Metal is very underrated (not rap/metal, there's a difference)

Jamie madrox and Monoxide of Twiztid would be considered top 15-20 of all time if people got over the fact that they were affiliated with ICP

I respect Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Rolling Stones and the Beatles, BUT, I am not a fan of ANY of their musical catalog save for a few songs each.

Power metal like Iced Earth, Tyr, Kamelot and Pyramaze comprise metal's best sub-genre.

That's a good start, Let have some fun

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judas Priest > Iron Maiden. I love both, but always felt that Priest was better.

Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio is just as good as Sabbath with Ozzy. And in general, Dio > Ozzy.

Though I'm a fan of Queen, I still find them overrated.

...And Justice For All is Metallica's best album.

Kyuss > Queens of the Stone Age. Both are great though.

The Beatles are overrated.

People act like Justin Bieber is the worst singer of all time. I don't think he is and there is waaaay worse singers out there.

Lady Gaga is extremely talented.

The Black Eyed Peas have made some really bad music but at times can make great songs. Eg: "Meet Me Halfway", "Anxiety"

I don't think that's very unpopular. Many Metallica fans would agree with that.

You sure? Many Metallica fans would say that Master of Puppets is their best album, or even Ride the Lightning. With AJFA having more of a progressive sound, seems like most fans preferred the style from their first three albums.

Speaking of Metallica, Lars Ulrich isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Current Lars is bad, but he used to be pretty good, especially on the AJFA album.

This thread is made for guys like me.

- Kanye is the best in the game right now, and has been for a while.

- Tyler, The Creator is going to slowly fade into obscurity if Wolf isn't a success.

- I have absolutely no f cks to give about Jay-Z "biting Biggie's rhymes , in fact biting in general doesn't bother me, because almost everyone has done it before. As long as the biting doesn't go to an extreme (Such as biting entire verses/constantly biting every track) then I can't be bothered. And also Jay acknowledges he does to an extent, and I can respect that.

- Aesop Rock's Skelethon was one of the best albums of 2012, I'd place it in the top 3 LPs released last year, along with The Money Store & good kid, mAAd city

- The GOATs in hip-hop consist of

1. Eminem

2. Nas

3. Eyedea

4. Kanye West

5. Notorious BIG

6. MF DOOM

7. 2Pac

8. Aesop Rock

9. Jay-Z

10. Ice Cube

- I can't stand trap music, it's just boring to me as a genre.

- Nu-Metal/Rap Rock is pretty much garbage as a genre, the exception for me to that is Rage Against The Machine.

- Dubstep isn't that bad. I don't listen to it on normal occasion but it's tolerable.

- Rock/Metal for the most part nowadays sound awfully generic to me. Bands like Five Finger Death Punch, Seether, Nickleback, Creed, Three Days Grace, and Avenged Sevenfold sound like shit.

- Metallica is horrible.

- Hopsin's a hypocrite and a douche-bag. He disses Tyler for being "gimmicky" while wearing those goofy ass contacts, and then minutes later appears in the same video dressed in f cking drag. His overtones in Ill Mind 5 are absolutely terrible and instead of offering help to these troubled people he just shits on them, and then tries to pass off the bullshit he's saying as "deep". His music at the same time is horribly generic, when it comes to his choice of production and his subject matter. It almost feels like he has a "rap music" checklist, just checking one type of subject matter off every-time he writes a generic ass track pertaining to an already heavily explored subject, with no flare or personality injected into them to make them interesting.

- Wu Tang are the GOAT group.

- ICP are quite possibly the worst thing to happen to the rap genre, ever.

- Canibus is one of the GOAT lyricists, but that really doesn't mean jack shit when your ear for production is as bad as his is.

- Hip-Hop is alive and well.

You sure? Many Metallica fans would say that Master of Puppets is their best album, or even Ride the Lightning. With AJFA having more of a progressive sound, seems like most fans preferred the style from their first three albums.

It's true that the majority would definitely pick Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning, but I've talked to plenty of Metallica fans who think ...And Justice for All is the best. If someone were to claim that anything after AJfA was their best album, now that would be an unpopular opinion.

It's true that the majority would definitely pick Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning, but I've talked to plenty of Metallica fans who think ...And Justice for All is the best. If someone were to claim that anything after AJfA was their best album, now that would be an unpopular opinion.

My favorite band is Metallica, has been for well over 20 years, and I can say with confidence that AJFA is my favorite AND their best album,....to me :)

Think of 50s music, everyone has the same idea

Think of 60s music, everyone has the same idea

Think of 70s music, everyone has the same idea

Think of 80s music, everyone has the same idea

Think of 90s music, everyone has the same idea

The Millenium, our generation, has no staple sound.
If computer generated electro club music is our sound, then f*ck me, that's a terrible statement to make.

Archived