3033 replies to this topic

#21 Clique

Clique

Main Eventer

• Banned
  • 4,958 posts
  • Twitter: @CliqueClacks

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Memento is Christopher Nolan's best movie.

Agreed, also that's my favorite movie of all time.

#22 Bronson

Bronson

I Make Good Wrestle

• Members
  • 11,174 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Dredd was the best comic book movie of 2012

#23 Undercard Jamoke

Undercard Jamoke

• Members
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Inglorious bastards is a terrible movie. Just another anti German world war 2 movie.

Edited by SnappierWogg®, 21 January 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#24 Montana

Montana

Legend

• Members
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Joe Dirt is awesome...

And pretty much me and critics don't match. They might say a movie is bad and i might say its great.

#25 .Crayola

.Crayola

Lower Midcard

• Banned
  • 587 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Another one I believe is that Skyfall is one of the worst Bond films. As a massive Bond fan who owns pretty much every bit of merchandise from books to model cars to films to games etc. when people say Skyfall is the best Bond film to date, it's absolutely turns my stomach, I found it rather insulting as a Bond fan when Skyfall was first released that people were making this such bold statement, I personally believe it had nothing on films like Goldfinger, The Man With The Golden Gun or Goldeneye.

#26 Time Bomb

Time Bomb

Lower Midcard

• Banned
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

A Clockwork Orange is extremely over rated, I'm a huge fan of Kubrick's work, and I first loved the film, as I did just about every other Kubrick film. However, after reading the book, I have come to the conclusion that Kubrick's version gives off the all together wrong message. I am perfectly fine with changing and adapting a story, and although A Clockwork Orange is an all together good piece of cinematography, I believe it deviated too much from the source material, especially at the end. To all those saying "Whats wrong with an artful re adjustment?" I pose this question, how many of you walked out of The Watchmen thinking "Where the hell was the squid?"

#27 Lumpy McRighteous

Lumpy McRighteous

The Eternal Understudy

• Banned
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

2001: A Space Odyssey and its sequels are painfully boring and vastly overrated.

#28 Scripted

Scripted

Legend

• Members
  • 9,114 posts
  • Gamertag: I Conundrum I
  • SEN (PS3): Conundrumm-

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

I can't stand Star Wars, Star Trek, or Muppets. I, personally think they're horrible.

The pokemon movies/shows, albeit now as good as before, are still good

Have you seen the 2009 Star Trek?

I haven't seen it due to not liking the older ones

#29 phoenixsplash420

phoenixsplash420

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Star wars episode 3 is the second best star wars movie next to the empire strikes back.

#30 sam the d00d

sam the d00d

Legend

• Members
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Star wars episode 3 is the second best star wars movie next to the empire strikes back.

What? Episode III was f*cking horrible. Only good thing about the prequels is Ian McDirmid completely hamming it up. He's just so over the top and silly that it makes his scenes so funny to watch.

Anakin Skywalker's transition to Darth Vader in Episode Three is the best character in any movie ever.

But it wasn't even done that well. I just don't understand how any character could logically feel they're in the right even though they've slaughtered a bunch of innocent children. How does he still feel as if he's doing the right thing? The characters in the prequels are all the so stupid and don't think logically about thing. I could go on for days about how stupid they all act.

#31 JGPLX.

JGPLX.

RIP Daisy

• Members
  • 16,966 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Memento is Christopher Nolan's best movie.

Agreed, my third favourite movie of all time(behind Scarface and The Godfather Part 1). I wouldn't say it's underrated 'cos people who have seen it say it's amazing, but more people need to watch it!

Also Paths of Glory is Stanley Kubrick's best film.

#32 Twiztid Kratos

Twiztid Kratos

Upper Midcard

• Banned
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

My picks off the top of my head:

The Cell, Equilibrium, and Minority report are three of the most underrated Sci fi films of all time. 

Daredevil (Directors Cut) is VERY VEERRYY over criticized and actually a very good comic book movie. Also, add X-men Last stand and Wolverine Origins to that as well. 

#33 TotallySam

TotallySam

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Star Wars is a terrible movie.

tumblr_lk4ij40QPd1qjsjv9o1_400.jpg

#34 Derk

Derk

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,040 posts
  • Gamertag: Xbox Live Gamertag
  • SEN (PS3): Sony Entertainment Network ID
  • Steam ID: Steam ID
  • Twitter: Twitter Handle

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

^^^^It's been years since I've seen it, but I thought the scenes in the Cell where they were inside the mind, were very cool.

Anyway, I feel if not for Brandon Lee's untimely death, The Crow wouldn't even be close to being as big a hit as it was...

#35 sam the d00d

sam the d00d

Legend

• Members
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Star Wars is a terrible movie.
tumblr_lk4ij40QPd1qjsjv9o1_400.jpg

While I disagree that it's a terrible movie, I get why people would dislike it.

#36 Twiztid Kratos

Twiztid Kratos

Upper Midcard

• Banned
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

^^^^It's been years since I've seen it, but I thought the scenes in the Cell where they were inside the mind, were very cool.

Anyway, I feel if not for Brandon Lee's untimely death, The Crow wouldn't even be close to being as big a hit as it was...

Same goes for Dark Knight/ledger, especially since Begins was better, it remembered that it is a comic book movie, not some over dramatic suspense movie. 

Edited by Twiztid_IcedEarth, 22 January 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#37 Time Bomb

Time Bomb

Lower Midcard

• Banned
  • 521 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

2001: A Space Odyssey and its sequels are painfully boring and vastly overrated.

YOU....BASTARD!!!! Sequels maybe...But the original is one of my favorite films of all time, but to quote Voltaire(loosely) "I may not agree with you, but I'll die defending your right to say it!"

#38 The Crimson Idol

The Crimson Idol

Opener

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

Brian Cox played a better Hannibal Lector than Anthony Hopkins. Now don't get me wrong, Hopkins had a much more interesting performance, it just wasn't as accurate to the novel character as the one played by Cox.

#39 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Following is Christopher Nolan's best movie.

Also, I don't think King's Speech should have won the Oscar for Best Picture.

#40 Generations

Generations

You want to see something...really scary?

• Members
  • 91,682 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Fast forwarding and rewinding on VHS tapes is better than it is on DVDs and Blu Ray, because you get to watch the people move faster than they should...also backwards.