Steen drops Kill Steen Kill

ArmVD

www.KillSteenKill.com is no more.

After last week's school shooting in the US,

I want nothing to do with the word kill, ever again.

A new Website will be up in the New Year.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

- Kevin

Don't know how many people have seen this, but apparently Steen has decided to drop Kill Steen Kill due to the Sandy Hook shooting. He has even changed his twitter to @FightSteenFight Thoughts? I think it's a classy move on Steen's part,and I can't say I blame him, seeing as he has a child of his own.

I admit, it's dumb that he's letting one event affect his saying. But if he feels as if he needs to change it, I won't argue or bitch over it. The man has his reason/s for changing it (even fi I think it's kind of dumb).

Like I said, I'm pretty sure him having a young son of his own probably factored heavily in this decision. I'm sure that hit pretty close to home for him

People have killed and been killed for a very long time.

I can respect his decision, but it seems a bit silly overall.

But this one hit home for a lot of people especially fathers and mothers of young kids like Steen.

But this one hit home for a lot of people especially fathers and mothers of young kids like Steen.

I have 2 children under the age of 4, it hit home with me too.

My thoughts about this haven't changed though.

The bottom line is, if it's inappropriate now, it was inappropriate before. Period.

If he would have just said, "hey dropping the Kill part because I realize it just doesn't seem right"

I'd be ok with it.

He makes it sound like it was perfectly fine before the shooting, and using his logic it wasn't.

I honestly don't care either way though, KILL STEEN KILL didn't represent actual killing. It represented Kevin Steen and his in ring persona.

My thoughts exactly.

Ditto, especially since we had shootings in Colorado, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Oregon, among others besides the one in Connecticut. Also, Fight Steen Fight sounds too babyface-ish for Wrestling's Worst Nightmare.

the thing is though will the fans stop chanting it?

If they don't, Steen can always break out a "NO! NO! NO!" chant in rebuttal.

the thing is though will the fans stop chanting it?

ROH fans are smart. They will have all seen Steen's real life feelings on it and see how it's affected him. It's be truly suprised if they still chanted it at him, out of respect.

Kill Steen Kill was a bit over the top, I mean... It's wrestling. Fight Steen Fight makes a lot more sense.

Whoever is so blinded by their own lunatic wrestling fandom to even consider that Steen should've kept his Kill Steen Kill after the Sandy Hook incident, especially after knowing that Steen has a child of his own is either

A. An insensitive prick who couldn't possibly understand Steen' statements because they don't have children of their own and/or are too desensitized to understand the simple grievance of what happened that day at school, or

B. Just an a-hole who thinks they'll win massive Internet cool points if they appear to be the cool Don of DGAF to the entire Internet but are, and forever will be, wrong.

It's a very respectable move on Steen's part to not only get rid of "Kill Steen Kill", but to change it to "Fight Steen Fight". He said so himself. He wants nothing to do with the word "Kill" again, not only for himself but for his child. He's earned my respect.

B. Just an a-hole who thinks they'll win massive Internet cool points if they appear to be the cool Don of DGAF to the entire Internet but are, and forever will be, wrong.

The irony is strong with this one...

This seems a little over the top but at the end of the day it's his decision and we have to respect it.

Agreed.

So stating my emotional and unbiased opinion, in response to most people's emotionLESS and biased opinions, makes me an a-hole. Oh.

So stating my emotional and unbiased opinion, in response to most people's emotionLESS and biased opinions, makes me an a-hole. Oh.

No, you're an asshole because you called those who didn't totally see eye-to-eye with Steen's idea, but still respect him for it regardless, emotionless.

No, you're an asshole because you called those who didn't totally see eye-to-eye with Steen's idea, but still respect him for it regardless, emotionless.

Mistakes were made on both parts. I'm too engulfed in this salami sandwich to fight anymore.

Unlike most others, I don't see anything wrong with the "Kill Steen Kill" name. It's just a wrestling thing, and kind of suited his ring style, character and feud with Generico IMO. His child is the same age as the victims in the shooting, so it probably struck a nerve. I respect his decision, and I really don't think the fans will have a problem with changing the chant. There probably will be a few assholes who will still chant Kill Steen Kill, but you'll always have those guys. Steen seems like the kind of guy who could potentially attack a fan if aggravated, and if he were to attack a fan who was chanting Kill Steen Kill, after he openly expressed how he didn't want to be associated with the word "Kill" anymore, than they deserve it IMO.

Mistakes were made on both parts. I'm too engulfed in this salami sandwich to fight anymore.

Fair enough. I apologize for insulting you.

Archived