The works of ToxieMoxie! (TF2, Borderlands, Street Fighter and other esoteric miscellany)

ToxieMoxie

(Fair Warning: You are about to cross over into a land of crappy iPod camera pics. I apologize for the low quality. I also realized, after the fact, that I was holding the camera at a foward-facing angle for a few of the pics, so sorry again.

Hello everyone. I'm ToxieMoxie. This is the first wrestling game I've played at length for many years, and I'd like to show you what I've made. Feel free to leave questions/comments/feedback or whatever. (Especially any tricks for getting better looking photos)

Scout (TF2)

Red Scout, Blue Scout, Red Scout w/Stereoscopic Shades, Blu Scout w/Stereoscopic Shades

You may be noticing he doesn't have his backback. I suppose I could have painted it on, but I generally don't like using logos to recreate 3D items. I also left out the headset because there isn't one that I like in the game

redscouts.jpg

Heavy (TF2)

Red Heavy, Blu Heavy, Red Heavy w/Ushanka, Blu Heavy w/Ushanka (because what's TF2 without HATS?!) When I make characters from other games/comics, I try to match their art style. In this case, it's the Heavy's exaggerated proportions. Does this stylistic choice pay off? Beats the heck out of me!

cawheavy.jpg

It's very late and I am very tired, new friends, but if there's even any interest, I'll post more in the morning.

Here come more crappy pictures!

Hugo and Poison (Street Fighter 3)

I had to draw my own leapord print, since I didn't like the one they had in-game

hugopoison.jpg

Lobo (DC Comics)

Costumes: Regular, w/o Jacket, Animated, Vacation

mainman.jpg

I used "The Last Czarnian" for reference for these. I went with tights over pants for two reasons. One, so you could actually see his boots, and two so you could see the star kneepads. I tried drawing them on for the animated version, and you can see how well that worked out.

Salvador the Gunzerker (Borderlands 2)

Costumes: Salvador's Duds, Feelin' Blue, Vladof Sickle

gunzerker.jpg

I absolutely love this guy. One of my favorite characters in any game, ever. Overall I'm pretty happy with the way he came out, but I may have to go back and tweak that face at some point. Although it's probably impossible to recreate Borderlands' art style in this game.

Maya the Siren (Borderlands 2)

sirenks.jpg

This was my first try at using multiple logos to create details on a garment. It'll probably also be my last. Seriously, I have a lot of respect for people who are good at that, cause it's a huge pain. I'm gonna attribute the misaligned gray bits to the curvature of her body, and the way she is standing. Things also got a bit messed up in back, but I maxed out my layers so I couldn't fix it. I also would have added more tattoos to her arm and face. Still, I'm pretty happy with the way this came out. I just wish I could have gotten rid of that tiny bit of sleeve.

That's all for now. I have a TF2 Pyro I'm finishing up, and I'm working on Necro (Street Fighter 3). I also have a Dudley (Street Fighter), but he's on hold because I can't get a hair that I like for him. I also have a few other bits laying around I'll post later

Archived