Andre The Giant (by B7) **UPLOADED to XBL!! Dec. 21,2012**

ANTI-

3 Attires down. Black trunks/ Red boots 70s afro attire? Check. '87 Heel black singlet attire? Check. '89-'90 blue singlet attire? Check. Now, the yellow trunks/yellow boots short hair attire, and that's a wrap on this puppy, attire-wise. After that, some slight moveset adjustments, and he's uploaded. I doubt mods really give much of a shit about what I post, as they know I really mean no harm, so I'll just say it: I was gonna attempt to use the "Save Editor" to make Andre a little bigger than the game itself will allow me. He should be a friendly center between Big Show and Khali, and I can barely make him match Big Show's exact ingame height. I can't register with 360haven to dl the program because of my server or something, so someone said he'd register a name for me...but if it doesn't happen, oh well. Andre already looks great, size-wise, next to most people, but a teensy bit more height and girth on him would make my day. That's what I was referring to in the previous post. But it's more of an extra thing; if it happens, awesome...if not, it still doesn't take much of anything away from this. You'll be hearing from me again pretty soon. :cool:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only bad thing about the editor is that it won't let you edit the CAW's height, unless it's changed in the 13' version. Does it let you now?

I've been talking to a cool guy I came across playing on Live with huge in-game models. I expressed interest once I messaged him and he messaged back and was articulate and not some...like...10 yr old, mod-happy Asian kid or something. :lol: But yeah, he has me under the impression that it can be done with CAWs this year, so I'm gonna find a way to get the program in my posession and give it a shot. If it can be used for the good of CAWs, it's something I would only use for Andre, really. I'll never be one of "those guys" who takes this program and goes nuts with all these dumb-looking, spammy hacked movesets and all that garbage. lol.

Like I said, though, if it turns out I can't do anything "special" to Andre's size, then so be it; it still looks great now. In-game, the '87 heel attire looks f*cking fantastic, if you ask me. lol :rolleyes:. I just don't like how CAW mode limitations prohibit him from looking much, if any, bigger than any of the other really big guys in the game, when, really, the only guy in the game who should be taller than Andre is Khali. After Khali, Andre should be bigger than anyone else, including Big Show/Paul Wight. We'll see.

Hell yeah, whatever makes the caw better! I used to use those mod tools for moves but never to cheat. I used to like hacking certain front grapples into the running grapple position. A lot of them look way more realistic than the choices we're given. Remember the old Rey Mysterio front grapple where her would duck a clothesline, run to the ropes, jump off the top rope with a headscissors? That move looked sick as a rebound running grapple. Anytime you reversed a rebound running grapple with Rey, he would do this and it looked so natural.

Hell yeah, whatever makes the caw better! I used to use those mod tools for moves but never to cheat. I used to like hacking certain front grapples into the running grapple position. A lot of them look way more realistic than the choices we're given. Remember the old Rey Mysterio front grapple where her would duck a clothesline, run to the ropes, jump off the top rope with a headscissors? That move looked sick as a rebound running grapple. Anytime you reversed a rebound running grapple with Rey, he would do this and it looked so natural.

Oh yeah, definitely dude. Some of the stuff I've seen people online do, even when they abuse it 99% of the time, are a good concept if put in the right hands. I especially liked seeing guys who hacked Royal Rumble finisher into regular movesets, like you could Chokeslam someone to the outside as a grapple. That's like the main thing I looked at and said "Hmm...cool idea.". But yeah, some do look cool, but it's not something I can ever see myself going overboard with, y'know? All for the good of my CAWs and/or the gaming experience of anyone who downloads it. :cool:

I'm really amped up to see this Andre in-game. I love having a variety of opponents of varying sizes to go up against.

Soon enough, man. Just have to get attire 4 going, and when it's finished, just some minor moveset tweeks and this is done and uploaded. Hopefully you have Fan Axxess, as it will be needed for this. Once all that is knocked out, I'll see whether or not I can really do anything to Andre via Editor, and if I can, shouldn't take more than an extra half-hour or so longer to get this uploaded then it would take without it, as I understand it's a pretty quick process. :nod:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

edit- quick update...probably FINAL update before 4 attires are complete and this is uploaded....

hypothetical summary-

Boy finally gets hold of program. Program is awesome; quick and easy to use. However, program corrupts boy's save. Luckily, boy had 2 backup files, so everything is okay. Boy sent message (along with download link to original working save file) to program creator with instructions on what he'd like to have done, as instructed by program creator on Youtube video page. Boy now awaits response from creator. He will, in the meantime, bang out attire 4. Then, if program actually works with his retail console, all he has to do is go in, up Andre's height up to where it should be, some other small adjustments (if the program guy hasn't already done it all), and boom. Upload. Boy is probably gonna get some sleep now, so attire 4 will need to wait until sometime after he wakes up. After that, he'll wait a day or two for creator's response, and if he gets nothing, this goes viral. All hypothetical, of course. :rolleyes:

I know I said this would be up by the week's end, but I'm really dead-set on getting this editor thing to work for me now. lol. If all else fails, I can send my save data file to the dude whom the program already works for, he can make all the Andre edits I request (mainly height...with some tweeks to make him harder to face than most others).

I'm off to work in a few minutes, but it's gonna be a short day. Start at noon and am already out out and back home by around 5PM, so I'm gonna give the editor one last go on my own, and then, if it still corrupts my shit, then I'll have to wait a little bit for the dude to get his computer back, as he is currently without it. 'Til then, attire 4 is postponed...mainly because I don't want it to be a thing where I give him this finished CAW I put so much work into, just to have him like.....release it on his own with the edits and leave me out in the cold. So...until I get it straightened out, attire 4 hasn't happened quite yet. I NEED that height tweek, goddammit! It's too perfect! lol

My custom superstar data may have wiped out on me. So....unless I can find some clever fix, Andre may be completely gone for good. Maybe not for good, but I lose all motivation to make someone from scratch after they were almost done.

So..if this is confirmed after some experimentation on my part, then this topic will be no more and I'll start over on the face I was working on for the nCo project. See ya around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew...false alarm. Not sure how I did it, but I fixed it. Bypass the custom superstar error message and my CAWs were still there. Whether or not Andre will have his desired height is unknown, but I'm not laying another finger on that CAW until I get a direct answer on it,

@B7 after all the hardwork make sure you got back ups as I am not going to let you not finish this now :P

Yeah, before you do ANYTHING else to Andre.. Back him up!! lol

I think everyone ever since '12 and this game save corruption has either been backing up saves or writing down formulas as you go along. Doesn't hurt to do both, really. Keep that Andre CAW safe! It's looking good!

woah....glad to hear your data wasn't wiped out. Your Andre is boss. He's gonna rule my wwf save someday soon hopefully

@B7 after all the hardwork make sure you got back ups as I am not going to let you not finish this now :P

Yeah, before you do ANYTHING else to Andre.. Back him up!! lol

I think everyone ever since '12 and this game save corruption has either been backing up saves or writing down formulas as you go along. Doesn't hurt to do both, really. Keep that Andre CAW safe! It's looking good!

Thanks alot, guys! Yeah, it was a close one. I actually had like 10 backups I looked through before I found a fixable one, as the Editor makes a back up (at your request) every time you open the program. The final news on the height is that Brienj says that my leg is being pulled and it can't be done with CAWs; only in-game models. But then, why would the Editor even show Caws as available for editing in height, among all the other things? You think they'd just exclude it if it weren't possible, right? :huh:

Nevertheless, the creator of the program, and several others, have been telling me it's possible, and they all seemed articulate enough to give me the impression that they knew what they were talking about. And then Brienj just says it isn't possible. And others have been saying he's just bitter about anything WWE 13 mod-related that he didn't come up with. I refuse to be a part of some modder holy war or some shit, so the height will be what it is....the highest CAW mode will let me go, while keeping his proper body morph and such.

Attire 4 will be worked on tonight and tomorrow night, and this should be on XBox Live sometime before Thursday. If someone wants to help out after that, that's fine, but I already almost lost this CAW, and I'm not f*cking around with any of my data before this is on XBox Live and safe. It was like.. "Wow, even my main original save file, which always worked when re-injected after a corrupted Editor save before, isn't even working!!". I was in shock. Took some minutes to get my head straight, and then alot of patience to look around for a save that would have everything as it was. But it's there now. I like this CAW too much and spent too much time on it to even think of all the work it would have taken to recreate it from scratch, so...I was almost f*cked for the year there, folks. lol

Yeah, I'm glad this is gonna be posted. I don't think Brien is bs'ing you about the height. He's always been upfront and blunt so I respect for that. I've always heard that the height can't be eidted too cause I've tried this before. According to Brien and Draafex, it can't be done with caw's. Anyway, get this awesome caw up, man!

So, the hilarity never ends in B7 CAW-land. The figs were just fine...however, I got self-conscious or whatever from looking at him during the last single player game I was playing with him just before I was about to upload him, so I went into CAW mode and thought I'd try some tiny tweeks out and see what came of it. Looked great at first, but it needed a little something more, so I went in and tweeked again. Now, some way, somehow, Andre just wound up not looking quite as big or thick compared to the other models as he used to, which is the wrong direction to go in, as far as my tastes for this CAW are concerned. And I have no idea what the morphs were before I started messing around, so now I have to get it back the way it was, which sounds like it would be easy, but Andre has an unorthodox body shape and it took a bit of luck and/or magic to make it look the way it looked the first time around. lol.

I think I'm close to getting his body morphing back the way I want it, more or less, but I've gotta get some sleep. It's 9-something in the morning and I've been staring at a TV screen and checking things and making sure he was ready to upload since like 2AM, the last 2 hours spent trying to figure out what the hell I tweeked that made him shorter and smaller-looking than he was. lol. But we'll get there. You'll be hearing from me about Andre having been uploaded at some point in the evening. I'd imagine I'll get right to putting the finishing body morph reparing touches on it whenever I wake up. Shit happens when you don't know when to stop experimenting. lol. Stay tuned. :cool:

Got him, awesome job!!!

This is the definitive Andre the Giant. Very first match I put him in was against Hulk Hogan (controlled by me) and I lost. Great work on this man, it was worth the wait.

Just used this Andre in a Mega-Bucks vs. Hacksaw Duggan/Jake the Snake match. He looks really nice in-game. Good job.

Compliments on this one! :cool:

Thanks alot, guys! :cool: Means alot and makes it many, many times more worthwhile to know that people actually like and are enjoying it. :kick:

From here, working on producing a decent-looking textured Corey Graves face for the nCo project, as well as lobbying to be THE "Paul Heyman guy", as far as CAWs are concerned...lol...also for the nCo project. I know Davina Rose is headed to FCW/NXT, so I might just crank out a CAW of her to be ahead of the game a bit. lol. Oh, as far as people I'm making just for myself and on my own, "Superstar" Billy Graham is still waiting his turn for some textured tie-dye goodness....there's a Billy Kidman coming at some point in the near future...a Harley Race as well...a Konnan as well...might convert my Jim Cornette....thinking about Sable, as I was disappointed that...like...THE top Diva at the peak of the Attitude Era didn't make the cut...and she's Brock Lesnar's f*cking wife. How does that happen? Or...NOT happen, rather? :huh: lol. Problem with Sable is that there aren't really any good hairstyles for her circa 98 wrestling attire; yet another reason why an in-game model of her in her 38 Special kickboxing attire would've been just f*cking lovely. Hint f*cking hint. :fedup: lol.

But yeah...all those people...all textured (atleast their faces, anyway)...and who knows who else. There's a couple people being worked on in the nCo project that I'd like to get my hands on and tweek a bit and/or add a Facegen texture to (like Paige), but I already have 2 projects going on that I haven't fully come through on yet and I don't want to push it....yet. lol. So yeah, I really, truly appreciate the kind words and love that you guys are enjoying something I put a significant amount of time into so that all of us could maybe sort of feel a tiny bit like we're actually playing as or playing against a legit Andre.....or something. Now...off to sleep for a bit. :yawn:

I can't download this for some reason...I do have fan axxess

Probably a server issue? I dunno. I know it took me 3 or 4 tries before his upload actually completed. Now that it's been a little while, give it another shot and get back to me, dude. :cool:

Did you say Harley Race? I would love to see your take on him as long as it's a NWA/Mid Atlantic style. The King was kinda... well, it could be an alternate attire.

Yeah, I agree; I'm not really....like..psyched or anything about his "King" attire, but I suppose I could throw it in there as the last attire, just to say I did. lol. I'd much rather play with a 'badass, one of the toughest sons of bitches to ever hold the NWA title' kind of Harley, instead of......well...I'll say it....WWF made him look like a bit of a fruitcake and/or a cartoon character. I just don't much care for his WWF look, but I suppose you can't just make someone who had a [albeit relatively short] run in the WWF, where was managed by Bobby Heenan and won the King of the Ring and then not make his WWF attire/look because of personal preference. lol. I'm actually looking forward to working on him more than alot of the others, as noone really ever goes all out on a Harley CAW...not sure when I'll actually start it, though..could be tonight; could be sometime next week or something. My main thing at the moment is the nCo stuff I'm working on. In the meantime, though, if anyone has fairly clear pictures of Harley's tattoos, that would be nice. In all the pics I have, it's a little too far to see the exact designs on his left arm and then the one on his right forearm always just looks like a big, blue ink blot. Get it together, Google... I wanna do this CAW justice. lol

But yeah, Corey Graves and Paul Heyman are priority #1 for now. And if Andre is any indicator of how Facegen face textures are gonna work out for me this year, then I cannot wait to get that PM back from Raza with my fixed PT file. I'm a CAW maker who does take a bit of time to really look at things and make sure I have a face I like, and yet it still aggravates me to feel like they're waiting on me to deliver and I haven't quite yet. But I will....and, after this wait, what are the odds that what you get isn't going to be awesome? :wink: lol

Archived