Jonny Pyro Jumps Ship! (Buck Wylde added 01/20/2013)

JonnyPyro

Well... not willingly. I had my PS3 repaired at a local shop 4 months ago, and it just broke again. Can't afford to throw more money into a fatty, and can't afford to buy a new one so I traded everything in and joined all of my local friends in 360 land. No fanboyism, but I loved my PS3, and this 360 is growing on me a little bit. WWE 13 is way better on 360 as well... (but Borderlands 2 360 is a floaty mess compared to the PS3 precision...)

ANYWAYS....

Here's a CAW that I've been making since SDvR 2006, my main diva CAW. I'm really putting forth an effort this year to standardize my CAWs so I can start making more, but each one I view as a fully fleshed character and concept. And, being a graphic designer, they get a hefty dose of art, which takes time in creating them. I hand draw them with my tablet in Photoshop, vector them in Illustrator, then paste them back into Photoshop to do pixel by pixel re-creation with the line tool within the game. Simpler logos take less than 30 minutes, like Crymson's kick pads... more complex logos like Scott Epic's St. Louis Cardinal take like 2 hours. Oh well, I love the custom and realistic look. All logos are created in 256 blocks, then ported to 128s.

Now, for the collage:

crymson.jpg

She's very Evan Bourne inspired. Took me a while to fully flesh her out, with the kick pads actually being the biggest sticking point of what to do. The top I didn't draw and vector, I just winged it off of some Serena Deeb pictures, thinking of something that would match her tights.

She will have a full formula soon. Here's her theme music: Halestorm - Love Bites (but so do I)

She is uploaded on Live with a preliminary moveset, 3 attires, and there is also an Entrance Video available. Tag: CRYMSON Be sure to rank!

Here's a better face shot. Made them freckles myself.crymface.jpg

Scott Epic

scott-epic-13-360.jpg

Jonny Pyro

pyro.jpg

Buck Wylde

buck.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the wings are a casualty of the 256 to 128 pixel drop. The 256 version looks great...

crymwing.jpg

As for people downloading her... Please, feel free to design an alternate attire for her. She's pretty much the red theme, as her name implies... I'm perfectly fine with some Lita like clothing or something like that for her. Hell, if I like it enough, show me what you did, and I'll add it to her 4th attire or replace the white with it. I think her red attire is my favorite.

Yeah, I had the paint tools dump on Crymson so many times that I'm not bothering lol. thats why I haven't bothered to try to color correct the red on the white boob attire. I may scrap that color all together and just do two alternate attires before she heads to PWN...

So I got her and I love her. In her first match in my Universe she teamed up with my caw (and champion of my red brand) Quinn LaCosta and had a crazy match against two of my other caws. Crymson and Quinn won by DQ after a ref bump :P Really dig her. She fits in nicely with my caws.

Lacey Cadavre and Elizabeth Knight for certain. You can see their last years models in my 12 PS3 topic. Probably revamp Kelly Monarch and may revamp Dayna Mariano. Need ideas on Dayna to evolve her though. She used to be very Melina influenced, fancies herself royalty.

I'm also open to idea suggestions or inspiration to think of something new.

To be honest, it sounds kinda silly, but I get inspiration from the callnames in the game, sometimes. Like an original CAW, Charlotte Jones was because I had a CAW loosely based off my girlfriend--I know, weird. But I had no attire for her. Found the call name, found PT of a 'Jones' kickpad and went from there. Then I found an awesome 'Chicago' script PT, and decided she'd be from Chicago. My girlfriend's favourite comic character is The Punisher, so of course this CAW had to have a Punisher-inspired attire.

Maybe Lovecraft-inspired? I know Lovecraft is a call name in the game. And if I had any PT talents, I'd be trying to recreate a PT I requested from WWE '12 for my dude. It was an awesome Cthulhu PT.

ptlogo18.jpg

To be honest, it sounds kinda silly, but I get inspiration from the callnames in the game, sometimes. Like an original CAW, Charlotte Jones was because I had a CAW loosely based off my girlfriend--I know, weird. But I had no attire for her. Found the call name, found PT of a 'Jones' kickpad and went from there. Then I found an awesome 'Chicago' script PT, and decided she'd be from Chicago. My girlfriend's favourite comic character is The Punisher, so of course this CAW had to have a Punisher-inspired attire.

Maybe Lovecraft-inspired? I know Lovecraft is a call name in the game. And if I had any PT talents, I'd be trying to recreate a PT I requested from WWE '12 for my dude. It was an awesome Cthulhu PT.

ptlogo18.jpg

That paint tool is very nice, and I don't find it silly at all that you use call names or people you know. Most of my CAWs have someone they are based on from either work or school whether it is something about their appearance or personality, and I just add a twist or 2 and roll with it. :cool: Works well for me most of the time lol.

I did create a Cassidy Lovecraft last year to be beat up on based on the call-names. Maybe I can make her this year and flesh her out. I did set her up as Puerto Rican, so maybe I can use Sofia from the League as a facial reference. Throw in some Rosa and Primo&Epic flavor....

• 2 weeks later...

An Update to Crymson...

update1.jpg

update2.jpg

update3.jpg

The attire with the modified t-shirt was inspired by a 4th attire done by CASith1372.

An updated Crymson is now on the CC with an updated moveset, and 2 new attires. The White attire has been scrapped.

Also uploaded is the guy I'm gonna post in a few minutes here as soon as I start cutting out these pics.

And, here's Scott Epic, transferred to 360 and uploaded. EPIC is his keyword. I simplified his Paint tools from the PS3... really got tired of the "Too Many Paint Tools" glitch, that I got with him when doing his St. Louis attire, and twice with Crymson.

scott-epic-13-360.jpg

Pyro...

MUST

HAVE

PYRO!!!

No seriously, my game is lacking in the "outside main eventer" category. Pyro would slide nicely into my universe seeing as Brent Starr just got turned on by his stable. A $ellout$ reunion would be amazing.

Not to mention I have a "Pyro" tribute caw that pays tribute to him, and would make for some dream matches.

Archived