50 replies to this topic

#21 New World Revolution

New World Revolution

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • SEN (PS3): johnnynails2009

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Ashrah in the face looks a bit like Zafira from... wtf is it, Soul Calibur, or is it Tekken? I don't remember which game I saw her in XD.. Was that an influence at all?

And I like how you made Frigyd's attire look like it could possibly be made out of ice. Good sheeit.

I think she's in the Tekken games because I've played a lot of SoulCalibur and I've never seen her in those games. To answer your question however: No, it's a complete coincedence that they look alike.

If Frigyd's attire was actually made of ice, it would have to be never-melting ice because I fear there would be many a wardrobe malfunction. :lol:

a wardrobe malfunction would be good LOL :)

#22 thebigpuma

thebigpuma

Jobber

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • SEN (PS3): TheBigPuma

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

Just downloaded Vega. Great job!

#23 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Just downloaded Vega. Great job!

Awesome. :D

---

Unfortunately since I experienced a seemingly random entrance/moveset reset glitch after copying attires - I wanted to make a few alt attires - I won't be making any alternate attires unless that gets fixed. It's highly annoying having to deal with that crap and I'm gonna avoid it by not making any alternate attires for any of my CAWs for now. Disappointed would be putting it lightly.

#firstworldproblems

#24 Captain Backwoods

Captain Backwoods

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • SEN (PS3): BackwoodsGramp

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Damn. There may be a way around it, not sure though. I think I saw something 'bout it in General Chat.

#25 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Damn. There may be a way around it, not sure though. I think I saw something 'bout it in General Chat.

I think the only real workaround is to make every attire in one shot. I don't have the patience to do that. Maybe I can copy a CAW so I have a back-up moveset at least. I dunno yet. I haven't gotten much ideas for alternate attires anyways - mostly just recoloring. /shrug

#26 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

I've added previews for "The Rocker" Aubrey Desrochers and "The FIre-Eyed Falcon" Malta Ferrera.

I've been making Aubrey since 2009. She started out with a tag team partner, but I ended up deleting her partner and she ended up in as a singles competitor. In her original incarnation, she was a rival to Frigyd and the two constantly fought over the the women's title in my fed. Last year she was based heavily on the "leather" look from Judas Priest. This year I've gone for a little more of a traditional attire while still blending in some elements of the inspiration. She's also based on the Hart Family and other associated members: Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Natalya, and Tyson Kidd, specifically. Those are also her moveset inspirations as well, with her finisher being the Sharpshooter, among other moves. Wikipedia them if need be. You'll get an idea of what the moveset looks like.

I originally made Malta Ferrera last year as a tag team partner for Vega. This year however, the same thing happened, I've decided to put her into singles competition. Maybe a rivalry will form from the split, I dunno yet. She's another highflyer and I really like this gimmick a lot. It gives off a little bit of a "phoenix"-vibe, so I've gone in a bit of a different direction. I'm still compiling ideas for her moveset, but it will be based on the stylings of Takuya Sugi, PAC, and a few others.

Edited by PyroTechnyks, 23 November 2012 - 08:32 AM.

#27 Oz70NYC

Oz70NYC

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,103 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Oz70NYC

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Good stuff, sir. Good stuff indeed. :D

#28 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Good stuff, sir. Good stuff indeed. :D

Thank ya. 8-)

I was able to crank out a decent moveset for Malta earlier today. I gave her a Phoenix Splash, called "Falcon Splash", as a custom signature move and one of her finishers is another custom special called the "Blazing Falcon Splash" - being a double rotation 450 Splash, so I guess a 900 Splash. :lol:

I'm gonna do some CPU matches to see what kind of highlights I can get and I'll mash them together for a highlight reel and post that a little bit later on tonight hopefully.

#29 Captain Backwoods

Captain Backwoods

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • SEN (PS3): BackwoodsGramp

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Lookin' pretty good.

#30 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

Lookin' pretty good.

:D

Here's a Highlight Reel of Frigyd Wintyrs VS Aubrey Desrochers (with a bit of a preview for my Fatale Attraction arena):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZARkRM4tJI

I did a test with the Highlight Reel Editor and this is what I ended up with. I realize now I overdid it with the transitions and didn't notice how messy they make the video. Sorry about that. I'll take note not to do that again next time.

Edited by PyroTechnyks, 24 November 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#31 New World Revolution

New World Revolution

Lower Midcard

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • SEN (PS3): johnnynails2009

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Aubrey and malta are must haves downloading them for sure... excellent work my friend

#32 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Aubrey and malta are must haves downloading them for sure... excellent work my friend

Glad you like them. :)

I meant to upload them over the weekend, but it completely slipped my mind. I'll upload them later today when I get on the PS3.

#33 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

I uploaded Malta and Aubrey to CC last night. I wasn't able to log in last night due to high traffic on the website.

Tags are:

Aubrey Desrochers: <Name> and "TPW"
Malta Ferrera: <Name> and "TPWCAW"

Edited by PyroTechnyks, 27 November 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#34 Oz70NYC

Oz70NYC

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,103 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Oz70NYC

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Lovin' it. Simply lovin' it. :D Keep 'em comin'.

#35 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Welp, looks like Aubrey and Malta were deleted from the CC. Figures. Whatever. If anyone wants them, I'll reupload them.

I started working on "The Crimson Tornado" Yumori Tanaka, and Emu Kid. I'll probably bust out Immortal, Phoenyx, and a few other appearances too. I hate doing movesets in this game. >.<

For Yumori, I decided to return to her attire from SvR 2010. It will look similar to this (without the mask):

Posted Image

Her name is a play on Zangief's "Red Cyclone". As you can probably tell, she borrows heavily from Jushin Liger. All the way down to the signature brain buster. She uses a lot of strikes; mostly various kick attacks. Her finishers are the "Kurimuzontorune-do"; literally meaning "Crimson Tornado"; A double rotation tornado DDT from the corner, and the "Kurimuzonfurasshu" meaning "Crimson Flash"; superkick.

Edited by PyroTechnyks, 03 December 2012 - 02:20 AM.

#36 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

Here's a short preview of Emu Kid and another CAW I'm working on, "The Demon King" Orochi:

The movesets are default Undertaker and Sin Cara. I just wanted to get something up and didn't feel like posting preview screenshots right now. I'm thinking about giving Immortal a new "redeemed" gimmick, or I will turn him heel and team him up with this guy. I don't know yet. I might post a preview video for Yumori tomorrow if I get around to doing her moveset.

Edited by PyroTechnyks, 03 December 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#37 Thr33X

Thr33X

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 4,138 posts
  • SEN (PS3): TheMighty3X
  • Twitter: Thr33Xgaming

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Thor sez:
Posted Image
"These CAWS...I like them."
Posted Image
"ANOTHER!!!"

#38 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Thor sez:
Posted Image
"These CAWS...I like them."
Posted Image
"ANOTHER!!!"

Why thank you, Thor.

Here's a preview of "The Crimson Tornado" Yumori Tanaka in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1VHetWieyw

And a clip I meant to put in the video, but missed it somehow:

Featuring: Hurricanrana, Ring Side Cross Body spot, Repeated Corner Kicks (Signature), Brain Buster (Signature), Kurimuzontorune-do - "Crimson Tornado" (Tornado DDT CAF), and Kurimuzonfurasshu - "Crimson Flash" (Superkick Finisher)

Her opponent in the video is another creation of mine, solely for these videos, Jobberella. I might turn her into a new character at some point in the future, but for now she'll be my female jobber. :lol:

I will no longer be doing template requests for 360 users. I remembered why I hated doing them: They take forever and I don't have much patience for it.

Edited by PyroTechnyks, 05 December 2012 - 07:10 AM.

#39 Heartless-Inc

Heartless-Inc
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

I quite enjoy this kind of mixture between, not quite massively detailed but not fundamentally basic either. Very nicely balanced, and some of the entrance gear as mentioned, is quite nice. Good work overall.

#40 PyroTechnyks

PyroTechnyks

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

I quite enjoy this kind of mixture between, not quite massively detailed but not fundamentally basic either. Very nicely balanced, and some of the entrance gear as mentioned, is quite nice. Good work overall.

Thanks. :)

I try to keep my CAWs' attires a little on the basic side because I can't stand cluttered up attires at all. Sometimes it works for some outfits, sometimes it doesn't.