SvR 2007 Hands On (Xbox 360 Demo)

Sergio517

[size=5][b]SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 Hands On (Xbox 360 Demo)[/size]
A look inside the SvR 2007 Xbox 360 Demo.[/b]
By: Sergio517

[b]October 19, 2006 -[/b] The Xbox 360 SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 Demo has already been out for a few weeks, but this information comes to you better late than never. I will give you a preview of things from the demo that will give you a better understanding of what to expect and what not to expect.

[b][size=4]The New Control Scheme[/size][/b]
The first thing you will notice when picking this game up is the new revamped control scheme. In the past, you would press the grapple button + a direction (up, down, left, or right) to initiate a grapple hold. Then you would once again press the grapple button + a direction (up, down, left, or right) to initiate a wrestling manuever. That is no longer the case this time around. First of all, grappling is now done with the Right Analog Stick (R3 for PS2 and RS for Xbox 360). This applies to all grappling situations as well as ground moves, turnbuckle moves, etc. By using the Right Analog Stick in any direction (up, down, left, right), you will execute a quick grapple. To perform a strong hold, you will now have to hold down the Top Right Shoulder Button (R1 for PS2 and RB for Xbox 360) + use the Right Analog Stick in any direction (up, down, left, right). From this point, you now have 2 options. Option 1: While in a grapple state, click the Right Analog Stick to perform a new interactive grapple. Play the mini-game to control your move as it will wear your opponant out as well as deplete your stamina the longer you hold onto the move. Option 2: While in a grapple state, you may press the Right Analog Stick in any direction (up, down, left, right) to execute a move.

Walking is now performed using the Left Analog Stick and taunting is performed using the D-pad. This option can be inveresed with Controller Type-B. For those of you who fear change, Controller Type-C and D are 2 versions of the control scheme used in previous Smackdown! installments, particularly SvR 2006. The action button used for picking up weapons or entering/ exiting the ring is now performed with A for Xbox 360 and X with PS2. Running is still performed with Triangle for PS2 and Y for Xbox 360. To regain your stamina, either stand still or press and hold (B for Xbox 360 or Circle for PS2). Toggling between opponants is done by pressing (Back on Xbox 360 or Select on PS2). Irish whipping your opponant is now done differently as well. Hold [RB + A (Xbox 360)] or [R1 + X (PS2)] to irish whip. Holding A or X will result in a power irish whip. Striking is simply done with X (Xbox 360) or Square (PS2). Using the strike button in conjuction with the Left Analog Stick will perform different strikes.

Counters are still performed the same as in the past using the shoulder buttons. Grapples are countered using RT (Xbox 360) or R2 (PS2). Strikes are countered using LT (Xbox 360) or L2 (PS2). One thing you'll also notice is that this year there are a lot more counters than ever. Specials are still executed using the Top Left Shoulder button which is LB (Xbox 360) or L1 (PS2). To store a finisher simply hold LT [and press LB (Xbox 360)] or hold L2 [and press L1 (PS2)].

Hot spots! There are plenty of hot spots for special move animations in SvR 2007. You'll find an abundance of them in and out of the ring which makes the match a bit more realistic than ever before.

[center][url="http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5864/xbox360newcontrolscy3.jpg"][img]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9096/xbox360newcontrolssmallvy6.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]Don't be a wimp and try out the new controls.[/b][/center]

[b][size=3]The Table Match Mechanics[/size][/b]
The demo only allows you to play a 1 vs. 1 normal singles match, but thanks to a glitch we were able to turn that 1 on 1 match into a table match! When you play the game, you will notice a new interractive fighting area in the crowd. Within this area there is a table. The bad news is that there can only be 1 table and it is meant to stay within the confines of the crowd. Later I will talk more about the glitch and how to override the restrictions to bring that table out and have multiple tables.

[b]Improvements[/b]
When playing a table match, you will discover that this mode has been "improved" according to Yukes and THQ. While this is not a lie, their improvement took away some of the good features that we love.

[b]The Good -[/b] In a table match with multiple tables, you will now be able to stack 2 tables on top of eachother with ease. Irish whipping a victim into the side of the tables will open up an opportunity for a special table finisher. Assuming that the double table finisher is the same for every superstar, you will perform a superplex off of the turnbuckle and send your opponant crashing through both tables. Too bad you can't stack tables outside of the ring. Also, using Triple H and 1 table, I managed to irish whip Kane into the table and performed a special. The result was Triple H setting up Kane on the table for a Pedigree. When using Kane and irish whipping Triple H to the table, I perform Kane's special and the result was Kane doing a chokeslam through the table without climbing on the table. Talk about realism! Another thing to note is that there are now special finisher situations when irish whipping your opponant onto a table set up on the turnbuckle whether facing you or away from you.

[b]The Bad -[/b] While the table match has been improved there was still a price to pay for it. The sad part is that you can no longer climb on the tables at all. If you planned to dive off of tables, forget it. Also, you can no longer lay someone on a table and perfom a grapple for a table breaking move. If that isn't bad enough, the table physics remain the same once again. You will not be able to manually break tables by moves such as turnbuckle superplexes or other moves that make your opponant collide on a table. The tables will just slide out of the way when contact is made. The only way to do a superplex through a table is to do it as a table finisher with 2 stacked tables. Shame on Yukes, but there is still room for improvement.

[center][url="http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7818/xbox360tablesib3.jpg"][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1258/xbox360tablessmallkw1.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]That's a lot of wood![/b][/center]

[b][size=3]The Multiple Table Glitch[/size][/b]
For those of you with the Xbox 360 version of SvR 2007 or the PS2 version without a cheat device, then this info is for you!

[b]Exposing the glitch[/b]
The easiest way to pull this off is to use 2 Players, otherwise the best you can do is just glitch into the restricted crowd. First, go into the new interactive crowd fighting area and grab the table. Pay attention to the barricade on the right side with an orange chord as this will become the side that will aid you in getting into the crowd with the people. Next you will have to set up the table perpindicular to the barricade. Irish whip your opponant into the barricade and make sure the table is closed in on him.

[center][url="http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6073/xbox360glitch1rb6.jpg"][img]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1429/xbox360glitch1smallqi5.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]The crucial part of the glitch.[/b][/center]

Now simply grab your opponant to throw him into the crowd. If done correctly, you will have now glitched your way into the audience.

[center][url="http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4181/xbox360glitch2ld8.jpg"][img]http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/3396/xbox360glitch2smallxu9.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]What's he doing there?[/b][/center]

Depending on how successful you were with the glitch, you will either have both players in the crowd or just 1 player. Usually the player that is thrown over will normally climb back to the interactive fighting area while the other player can now move around in the audience. Here is where you need the cooperation of both players. Have the player still in the crowd area go after the referee and bring him in to the crowd area. Use the referee to break the table. You need the table to be broken in order to bring a table into the ring. Once the table is broken, have the player in the audience go around the opposite side of the barricade near the tables that are tilted on their side. With patience and cautiousness get very close to the tables and try to grab it. Do not go to far ahead or you will teleport back into the crowd area and you will have to glitch yourself back into the audience. As soon as you grab the table, quickly run toward the direction of the entrance area because if you do not move, you will pick up the table and teleport back into the crowd area.

[center][url="http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/1466/xbox360glitch3qq0.jpg"][img]http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9489/xbox360glitch3smallbr6.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]Um, what do you plan to do with that Mr. Triple H?[/b][/center]

If you are successful, you will now be able to bring that table into the ring and use it. Now that you know how to do it, you can repeat the process over and over and get multiple tables into the ring for some serious damage. The best part of it all is that the tables will respawn outside of the ring. So far someone claimed to have brought 12 tables into the ring. Can you do better?

[center][url="http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2350/xbox360glitch4ho1.jpg"][img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/8853/xbox360glitch4smallpr0.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]So many tables, so many bad thoughts.[/b][/center]

Well that's all. I hope this has been helpful to some of you who are just as anxious as I am to have the final product. SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 is slated for release this November. Have you pre-ordered your copy yet?

[quote name='{ }==HellHammer=={ }' post='784370' date='Oct 19 2006, 08:21 PM']That thing about some of the things taken away from the Table system. Is that also in effect for PS2 if anyone knows? I'll check myself but I was wondering if anyone else might know.[/quote]
The game is the same on both platforms. The PS2 game will be the same.

[quote name='Sergio517' post='784381' date='Oct 19 2006, 09:24 PM'][quote name='{ }==HellHammer=={ }' post='784370' date='Oct 19 2006, 08:21 PM']
That thing about some of the things taken away from the Table system. Is that also in effect for PS2 if anyone knows? I'll check myself but I was wondering if anyone else might know.[/quote]
[/quote]

Ok, well damn I kinda liked the old setup, it would have been nice to go along with the new Table system. Oh well, Thanks anyway.

[quote name='Bubata' post='785251' date='Oct 20 2006, 02:42 AM']the difference of the two games is the controls,and the sweet system.I am right,don't I?[/quote]
You are 50% correct.

The difference between the Xbox 360 vs. PS2 is that the 360 gets a sweat system and slightly better graphical enhancements.

The controls are the same for PS2 and Xbox 360. Read the first part of the article and you'll understand.

[quote]You will not be able to manually break tables by moves such as turnbuckle superplexes or other moves that make your opponant collide on a table[/quote]

You can do the interactive suplex to front slam, interactive powerbomb and chokeslams through the tables. Better than nothing, won't work in a regular tables match though. But still fun the rest of the time.

[quote name='Darkness Myth' post='785273' date='Oct 20 2006, 03:08 AM'][quote]You will not be able to manually break tables by moves such as turnbuckle superplexes or other moves that make your opponant collide on a table[/quote]

You can do the interactive suplex to front slam, interactive powerbomb and chokeslams through the tables. Better than nothing, won't work in a regular tables match though. But still fun the rest of the time.
[/quote]
Yes that's true. A sure upgrade from last year in which certain moves like The Last Ride could break a table.

Lame, looks like they're tightening down o nthe user entertainment this year. : / Its all very well and cool being able to get as many tables as you can, but... not bwing able to stand on them or grapple on them or whip opponents onto them is, well, really shite.

EDIT: Does the bad table points appkly to tlc matches too or can you stand on them, whip them into and everything in a TLC match?

thank you sooo soo much for posting this now we can stack tables infintie n get MADDDDDDDDDDD HIEGHT!

[quote name='Sergio517' post='784381' date='Oct 19 2006, 05:24 PM'][quote name='{ }==HellHammer=={ }' post='784370' date='Oct 19 2006, 08:21 PM']
That thing about some of the things taken away from the Table system. Is that also in effect for PS2 if anyone knows? I'll check myself but I was wondering if anyone else might know.[/quote]
[/quote]

IS TRISH STURUS ACTUALLY UR WIFE?! (srry i know itz off topic) :???: :???:

[quote name='rob van fan' post='787049' date='Oct 20 2006, 03:56 PM']wow. interesting. tables do break on collision..but only when its an interactive move..like if you set up the table outside the ring apron, and grab your opponent in a chokeslam and walk over to the rope and drop him over, he will break threw the table. ive seen it on youtube. search it up.[/quote]
Yea that is a way to do it now. Pretty cool is you ask me.

[quote name='ivan' post='786172' date='Oct 20 2006, 06:35 PM']thank you sooo soo much for posting this now we can stack tables infintie n get MADDDDDDDDDDD HIEGHT!

[quote name='Sergio517' post='784381' date='Oct 19 2006, 05:24 PM']
[quote name='{ }==HellHammer=={ }' post='784370' date='Oct 19 2006, 08:21 PM']
[/quote]

IS TRISH STURUS ACTUALLY UR WIFE?! (srry i know itz off topic) :???: :???:
[/quote]

Wow.......wow

Archived