WWE 13 is still too easy

CM_EDGE

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything catered to kids not being challenged anymore.

When I was young, games were hard as hell, and most had no checkpoints.

You die, START OVER because you weren't perfect. When you beat the game you felt accomplished.

Find any challenging game that still exists nowadays and tell me what the kids do.

They camp/cheat/glitch to win because they cant win legitimately.

i was so hyped because of tape-worms text but now i have the game and its still too easy. :(

I can nearly reversal everything because you have on nearly every move two tries to reversal, if your are too late just press counter again and the most time it works. The AI on legendary is also meehhh. The AI is doing a move and after that the AI just stands still every time and does nothing, its not agressive enough. :/

Maybe i need a few more matches but for me, now, legendary is the same like in every other wwe game before....

If THQ sees this topic and they make WWE 14 really difficult im going to be really pissed off at you!

Their is nothing wrong with the AI difficulty. Wrestling games arent meant to be difficult.

Why would you worry about it being too difficult? This discussion would apply to the higher difficulties. You can alwyS just play on the easier difficulties . And YES wrestling games are supposed to be difficult when you play them on Hard or Legend! Is it supposed to be easy on high difficulties? Lol. It needs to be challenging to all players.

ha

what an amazing post

1. Thq isn't changing a thing because of this topic

2. please explain why wrestling games are supposed to be easy

I like how a lot of people are getting their panties in a bunch, especially when some of those same people haven't even played the game yet to judge FOR THEMSELVES.

Just an observation.

Its an observation that relates to more than just wwe13. I don't think anyone is getting crazy over how wwe13 "might" play. It's what we know wwe13 doesn't have: ai options. The relevant issue is the lack of these ai options and how it's affected the series for years and how bringing them back would improve the series.

That doesn't mean I think wwe13 will be bad. I like wwe12 and hope wwe13 is good. I just know they would be better if there was some more attention paid to the ai . . . Especially when it was done in the past to some degree.

I like how a lot of people are getting their panties in a bunch, especially when some of those same people haven't even played the game yet to judge FOR THEMSELVES.

Just an observation.

Its an observation that relates to more than just wwe13. I don't think anyone is getting crazy over how wwe13 "might" play. It's what we know wwe13 doesn't have: ai options. The relevant issue is the lack of these ai options and how it's affected the series for years and how bringing them back would improve the series.

That doesn't mean I think wwe13 will be bad. I like wwe12 and hope wwe13 is good. I just know they would be better if there was some more attention paid to the ai . . . Especially when it was done in the past to some degree.

Oh don't get me wrong, I see what's being said, and I agree with you. I'm just saying that I'm seeing some posts that seem like that said post's author is getting upset because people are saying the game is easy. What I'm saying is that people need to realize that maybe it was easy to the people who were saying it was easy, but YOU (or anyone else) probably won't find it easy.

Also, as far as what I think about the AI talk in here, I don't think introducing an AI system like what was present in Fire Pro (awesome game, by the way) would automatically improve anything. THQ could easily tweak them in ways that would make us punch our own mothers.

After two days with the game, and a finished AE Mode (on Legendary) I have to agree, this game is way to easy. The reversal rate is relatively good but the aggressivness is just bad. Really. Just. Bad.

It sounds like I made the right choice by not pre-ordering this game then. That's really unfortunate to hear.

So it's "really bad", but how much worse is it than WWE '12? Because I thought WWE '12's AI was awful. I can't imagine it being too much worse.

Yeah, this is going to vary by user. If it really went backwards, then I really wonder what the u.s. banch of THQ does during the year! Do they give any useful feedback when the fans find this stuff out in days? again, assuming this is really an issue. ive got to play the game before i rant.

But if you are playing to win aggressively, the CPU ai never lives up to a challenge. You'd have to max out all the sliders and have a reversal fest for a challenge and that's not a good match either.

To be fair, for as good as firepro is,when you get the timing down, you can almost win every grapple and have to "work" the match for a good game.

Why is it that fans of street fighter or mortal kombat never have these ai issues?

, I should be careful or else we'll get a mortal kombat wwe game like "in your house" again!

After two days with the game, and a finished AE Mode (on Legendary) I have to agree, this game is way to easy. The reversal rate is relatively good but the aggressivness is just bad. Really. Just. Bad.

It sounds like I made the right choice by not pre-ordering this game then. That's really unfortunate to hear.

So it's "really bad", but how much worse is it than WWE '12? Because I thought WWE '12's AI was awful. I can't imagine it being too much worse.

I feel like it's better than WWE 12. It's just that, when the AI reverses, it just stops for about 2 seconds. And you are allmost allways able to hook up before they start to continue their attacks. Sometimes, there do keep on attacking, however, these are annoying running grapples spams when they stand right in front of you. (And that does look awful...) The game itself is better. A lot of details and stuff that add to the overall experience, but the raw gameplay is not really better. I wish they would add a game slider like Fifa 13. There, you can choose a option for the CPU that's called something like "A.I. Offense" and they do play more of a attacking style then. That would be amazing for WWE 13.

I feel like it's better than WWE 12. It's just that, when the AI reverses, it just stops for about 2 seconds. And you are allmost allways able to hook up before they start to continue their attacks. Sometimes, there do keep on attacking, however, these are annoying running grapples spams when they stand right in front of you. (And that does look awful...) The game itself is better. A lot of details and stuff that add to the overall experience, but the raw gameplay is not really better. I wish they would add a game slider like Fifa 13. There, you can choose a option for the CPU that's called something like "A.I. Offense" and they do play more of a attacking style then. That would be amazing for WWE 13.

horrible

is it even worth buying?

Praise, and praise, and praise for the game with the "take my money" meme going around with every new announcement. Some people get the game and say the AI isn't that good, and everyone doesn't want to buy now. I agree, you SHOULD be able to go in and do whatever you want and still lose some matches, but that won't stop me from having imagination. I'll work a match, why? Because it'll still be fun because then the pinfalls get closer and you can get caught. Handicap yourself, they start with 3 finishers and you start with none....Imagination guys. "Working" a match isn't beneath you (which I only say because this is the vibe I get from a solid portion)

While this might be a bad thing for many, I don't really mind that much. I'd lik the AI to b more aggressive than WWE12, but I don't mind the game not being "hard enough". I love to "work" a match, because that's how I've always thought these games should be played. It's a fake sport, I'll treat the video game as a fake sport video game. I don't lie the fact that AI stands around because that slows down the pace of the match and makes it less exciting I don't, however, have a problem with difficulty.

This is an honest question: how many of you really play WWE games to simply win the matches? Do you play WWE games like you'd play a real sports title like FIFA, NHL, NBA or Madden?

horrible

is it even worth buying?

Definetly, it's basically a more indepth WWE 12. It's just not nearly as good as the potential gives away. I personally don't mind it that much 'cause I mostly buy it for the multiplayer/e-fed. But it's fun. I enjoyed it so far. =)

While this might be a bad thing for many, I don't really mind that much. I'd lik the AI to b more aggressive than WWE12, but I don't mind the game not being "hard enough". I love to "work" a match, because that's how I've always thought these games should be played. It's a fake sport, I'll treat the video game as a fake sport video game. I don't lie the fact that AI stands around because that slows down the pace of the match and makes it less exciting I don't, however, have a problem with difficulty.

This is an honest question: how many of you really play WWE games to simply win the matches? Do you play WWE games like you'd play a real sports title like FIFA, NHL, NBA or Madden?

To be fair, WWE '13 is a wrestling video game, not a wrestling simulator. I know a lot of people on these forums don't see it that way, but it's the truth. Everyone besides diehard wrestling fans are most likely going to be playing these games to win, not to "work a match". And you really shouldn't have to try to make the matches more exciting. The whole point of video games is that you can emerse yourself into a fantasy world without having to use your own imagination. I shouldn't have to pretend that the AI is taking control of the match. At no point should I have to purposely slow down and allow my opponent to get a few hits in. I like having the most exciting match possible too, but that's not going to happen if I'm playing by myself against a lifeless dummy. Higher difficulties and better AI is important to me because it makes for more exciting matches. If the difficulty is higher, you'll get more reversals and exciting sequences. If the AI is more advanced, your opponent will actually attack you instead of just being a punching bag.

The grappling mechanics is one reason why it's rather easy to reverse imo. It's setup to where u have to chain grapple for nearly the whole match. How does that make it easy u say? Well for starters, u get two opportunities to reverse. One for the initial chain grapple and one for the actual grapple move, so it's fairly easy to adjust and anticipate when someone is about to execute a move. In addition to that, it's kinda unrealistic because in real life u don't see superstars chain grapple damn near the whole match. Second thing I consider flawed within this system is the slight pause between a chain grapple hold and grapple move. Now I don't know about u guys, but for me I like to execute moves on the fly. As soon as I chain grapple, I want to go right into a grapple move. If any of u played WWE All Stars, you'd know what i mean. That game also had a chain grapple system, but it allowed us to go straight into the grapple move if we wanted. From instance, if u were to press A (to engage chain grapple) then A again rapidly, it would flow right into the desired grapple move. Kinda gives u the illusion that u never executed a chain hold in the first place.

If the WWE series were to make the grappling system as smooth and swift as All Stars, then we'd probably have more challenging and exciting matches (in that aspect at least). The A.I. still has to play it's part in bringing aggressiveness.

THANK YOU! Thats what i mean.

Another thing. About nearfalls, after 25 hours gameplay, i think i never got just 1 nearfall, not on normal or epic. Eather the opponent quickly kicks out after 1 or the cover goes to 3.

What about you? :(

(Yes in roll ups i have a two count if the opponent reversal the move but i mean real nearfalls)

I had a great 45 minute back and forth match between my caw and mankind for my first match, it was on legend and epic. The aggressiveness was much better than '12 in my opinion, mankind came right at me throwing fists and through the progression of the match he started using weapons and didnt spam the same grapples. Overall I didnt have a dull moment through any of the match.

Archived