WWE '13......DEMO! At Best Buy - Official Demo Discussion

Queen Stephanie

There is nothing wrong with trying. I just found out the best buy up the road has the demo and they are usually dead. Day off tomorrow and i may go up there, and if it's as dead as usual I will *try* to do real time q&a. I have a day why not do my best to answer and record what I can. And if they say no recording allowed I'll get kicked out, No biggie as I don't ever go there anyway!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing wrong with trying. I just found out the best buy up the road has the demo and they are usually dead. Day off tomorrow and i may go up there, and if it's as dead as usual I will *try* to do real time q&a. I have a day why not do my best to answer and record what I can. And if they say no recording allowed I'll get kicked out, No biggie as I don't ever go there anyway!

Salespeople walked past me repeatedly during the time I was there and said nothing. I guess it's a common thing and it's ok so long as you're not hogging it.

How did you find the gameplay?

Very smooth! It was very fluid and the new animations are great such as the old school moves. The school boy roll up brought me right back to WWF No Mercy. Only big issue I had with it was my biggest issue with WWE 12. The guys get up too fast. I hit Ryder with three GTS' on "normal" match setting and he was still getting up at the same rate he did at the very beginning of the match.

DAMMIT!!!!!! This pisses me off. Thq knew this was a problem. Cory and Bryan both said it was fixed and yet it still exists. Made triple threat matches, triple threat cage and ladder matches all ridiculous and unplayable.

Damn. That will probably be a game breaker for me that they keep getting up so fast. I don't really play too many last man standing matches or triple threats, or ladder matches for that matter but I want them to stay on the mat long enough to be able to 1. get outside the ring and bring in a ladder, 2. set the ladder up and 3. climb the ladder and perform a diving move. In '12 I was lucky if I could do just one of the three. Hell, I couldn't even kick someone when they were laying down, and then climb the ropes and do a diving move. It sucks that THQ lied about them staying down longer...

I went to a Best Buy last night, and today I went to another one and they didn't have the demo. There's only one more close to my house, which is about 14 miles away. I think I'm just gonna wait for the actual game to come out.

That's what I'm doing since there are no demos to be found in Canada. I'll just wait 2 weeks in time for Halloween! :)

Went to my local Best Buy, who is on that list THQ gave us, and it turns out they got rid of the demo in place of "other popular titles." All I saw in the PS3 demo stations was Brave and some NBA game -___- . I was hoping to give some first impressions but oh well I suppose.

So finally my local Best Buy put it out, and I went in today to check it out. Someone was already playing when I got there, so I just stood back and watched. He was playing as Attitude Rock vs. Cena, playing on Legend with Epic match setting. I'm watching this dude play, it takes a WHILE to build up your signature. Cena would not stay down, turned the tide a bit here and there before the guy playing got control again.

Random, cool side-note: as we were playing, the sales guy walked up and asked if we watched WWE often. We both said yes, and he tells us to look over and lo and behold, there's Brodus Clay walking down a side aisle and heading to the check-out. Holy damn! Guy looks a bit smaller in person, but holy shit that was cool. Didn't say anything to him cause I hate bothering these guys. But cool note. The guy playing was like "Would have been hilarious if I were playing Brodus right now..."

Back on track, the guy pulled off a Rock Bottom through the table, which looked nice. When he won, he asked if I wanted to play solo or play with him, so we played together doing tornado tags.

First match had him selecting Randy Orton, so I chose Cody Rhodes. We fought against Jericho and Christian, no DQ. The AI will reverse running moves early on 9 times out of 10, so note that. The graphics were gorgeous, definitely better looking than '12. We left it on Legend with Epic, and it was a hard fight. We played three matches together, and each match was about 15-25 minutes. The AI pulled off a few catching reversals. So to note: the catching backbreaker and catching toss are not finishers but are simply the reversals for a flying opponent.

The AI was fairly intelligent, putting us through our paces and avoiding the announce table when I had my finisher and tried to heard them towards it. I finally got Jericho onto the table and got to the in-ring turnbuckle. The flying elbow drop was very nice, and Cody got up shaking his arm and holding his elbow. We kept fighting, and while the guy bloodied Christian inside the ring, I bloodied Jericho seconds later outside. The blood looks nice. It looks SICK when it gets all over the chairs used. I tried a leverage roll-up on Jericho but he kicked out at 2.5, finally the other guy got the pin.

Our next match was a Tornado Tag HIAC. He chose Miz, so for shits and giggles I picked Kingston. We fought against SCSA and CM Punk. GLITCH ALERT!! We watched our entrances to the ring, and just as the screen faded to, we assume, go to the HIAC lowering animation, the game cut out on the PS3 and booted us back to the home screen. We had to select WWE 13 and restart the game. We played the tornado tag HIAC match without the entrance and no issue. So not sure what happened there.

Throwing someone off the cell through the announce table is a regular move, not an OMG! Moment. People go through the cell more smoothly and stay down a little bit longer for it. Miz got put through the cell and was down for a bit. I knocked Punk through the cell and Kofi hung from the ledge then dropped down. SCSA didn't seem to know what to do with himself on top of the cell through. Wouldn't come down until Miz went up to try and get him down and ended up thrown off the cell...again. Poor Miz, lol. The AI got their comebacks a few times, and they never tried to pull it off I will say, unless we just kept reversing their grapple attempts. I finally ended up pinning Punk. Austin had just taken out Miz and kinda stood there like a doof until after the 2-count, at that point it was too late to save Punk.

Our last match was quite fun, and no issues with entrances. Tornado Tag TLC, Him as DiBiase and I chose Justin Gabriel, against D-Bry and Hollywood Rock. Gabriel is HELLA fun to play, holy crap. He had a VERY nice running kick attack that looked brand new and hit hard. He also had a nice running grapple DDT that was new and looked very nice. I got Daniel outside the ring early on to a waiting table. Got him on top and climbed back into the ring. Starting running at the ropes and hit the attack to fly out of the ring just as D-Bry was sliding off the table. He reversed me and sent me crashing through the table early on. We fought back and forth, got back into the ring where a ladder was pulled into play. DiBiase hit rock with a superplex into a standing ladder. I set the ladder back up and tried to hit the Rock with a flying move from the top. The game slowed down. I missed, Ted hit D-Bry with a slam...which left D-Bry's model twisted in on itself like a pretzel sunk into the mat until the slow motion thing stopped. Odd.

I finally set the ladder up and climbed to the top with Rock on the other side. He dodged a punch but I hit him again. I hit my finisher on the ladder, which was basically Gabriel doing a cutter to the Rock off the top of the ladder. DiBiase was taking care of D-Bry outside of the ring. I climbed the ladder, reached for the briefcase, and The Rock.....STAYED DOWN! DiBiase left D-Bry on the floor outside and got into the ring. One pull down...Rock is still down....second pull down...D-Bry down...and boom, the match was won.

Hella fun...can't wait for Tuesday.

Archived