music question (db's?)

nystyle

Well it would probably be way too loud for X-Box. Can't say for PS3. I saw a post from someone on another forum saying 93 dB was also what he was using on PS3, but take that for what it's worth.

If you wanna save some time before you burn and load all your songs, personally, what I did is I burned a couple of version of one theme, all with 1 dB difference (from 88 dB to 102 dB, on the same CD. Created playlist with each one, individually, and tested in my game. 93 dB was fine, 94 dB for an "extra-pop" I'd say. Also, I'm using track with custom reverb effects...if you're not, you might have to lower it a bit.

to be honest I have used mp3gain and no matter how low in dB's I went or high when I added the song to an entrance the volume was always different than it was when playing it outside the game on the ps3. I had sin cara's new theme at 102dB's and it played really low in game. I have had other teams at 89.0 dB's that played really loud in game. its a crap shoot for me.

to be honest I have used mp3gain and no matter how low in dB's I went or high when I added the song to an entrance the volume was always different than it was when playing it outside the game on the ps3. I had sin cara's new theme at 102dB's and it played really low in game. I have had other teams at 89.0 dB's that played really loud in game. its a crap shoot for me.

yeah i see what you mean. i uploaded a bunch at 92.0 db's and still some themes played louder than others so those themes I put at 90db and they still played as loud as they did the first time. Thank you to every one for responding and your advice and help.

Archived