WaroftheWorlds.png

Long story short, this is just a fantasy promotion. Tried to keep it semi-realistic but, still have fun with it.

August 2006

WWE has come to terms with Chris 'Chris Jericho' Irvine with his contract expiring

December 2006

The WWE has come to terms in releasing both Paul Heyman and Paul 'The Big Show' Wright

January 2007

WWE has decided to part ways with Mick Foley and Dean Malenko at their own request.

Paul Heyman via his website posts a link to a website called warofthewords.com

Paul Heyman talks with a radio show claiming that he is in talks with Mick Foley and Chris Jericho about a new project he is working on. The host asks him if this has anything to do with a true ECW revival to which Heyman says 'No comment.'

War of the Worlds is overshadowed by TNA Wrestling signing retired former WWE Star Kurt Angle.

February 2007

It is announced that both Christian Cage and Samoa Joe have asked for their releases from their TNA Wrestling contracts. Rumours claim that this might have to do with the signing to Kurt Angle.

Paul Heyman holds a press conference announcing his new project: War of the Worlds. He claims that War of the Worlds is a new innovated wrestling company that brings all the greatest wrestlers around the world to compete against on and other. Heyman then announces the involvement of both Mick Foley and Chris Jericho. Jericho announces that he will in fact be an in ring competition and has brought in both Lance Storm and Dean Malenko to help out with the promotion. Foley also announces that he will most likely be staying out of the ring as a competitor however, claims he isn't going to decline a spot as an announcer or something in the way of a backstage role.

During the press conference Heyman also announces that he is in the works of working out a deal with MTV in hopes of securing a T.V slot for WOTW.

Paul Heyman ends the press conference by announcing the signing of both Christian Cage and Samoa Joe who are fresh off their TNA contracts. Heyman claims that this is just the beginning of what is to come of a well rounded roster.

March 2007

waroftheworlds.com announces while the deal with MTV ended up falling flat, they were however able to land a deal with the Fight Network and War of the Worlds will air every Wednesday night starting in the new year.

WOTW confirms the signings of independent supers stars Low Ki (Who was recently released from TNA), Austin Aries, Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal, Roderick Strong, and in hopes to flush out the tag team division; Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli as well as recently released WWE stars Carlito Calon, Paul Burchill, Paul London and Brian Kendrick as well as Brent Albright and Nick Nemmeth who was recently released from WWE developmental.

May 2007

After nearly a month of silence WOTW announces the signing of independent mega star Bryan Danielson. This is said to be idea of Chris Jericho and Mick Foley. This signing however is slightly over shadowed by the huge signing of CM Punk. On Punk's final appearance of RAW he did what people thought was an unscripted shoot having claimed that the only guy in the company who actually believed in him (Paul Heyman) is gone. So, in return he's going to be loyal the man who was the loyal to him (Hinting that he's going to War of the Worlds).

June 2007

Brock Lesnar claims that he has talked to Paul Heyman about War of the Worlds but, decided to decline has he wants to work on his MMA career. This is War of the World's first set back signing wise.

Two more majors signings include Rob Van Dam who felt unhappy with the way things were going at the WWE and asked for his release. Paul Heyman proudly takes credit for this signing. The second being the high flying luchadore Rey Mysterio Jr. who too asked for his released but emphasized that he is still on good terms with World Wrestling Entertainment but, felt that after talking with Chris Jericho the opportunity of being involved with War of the Worlds was too good to pass up.

Minor news comes up when Lance Storm says that he will be willing to wrestle part time but, wants to focus more on training the younger talent with Dean Malenko.

More news regarding their T.V deal comes out when Heyman announces that the first season of War of the Worlds will take place in the Hammerstein Ballroom. Heyman again emphasizes that this is not a ECW reunion show but, couldn't think of a better place to launch War of the Words than the ECW Arena.

At the end of the month it is announced via waroftheworlds.com that the championships in the promotion will include: a world title, a cruiser weight title, tag team title, and a title title referred to as the Next Generation Championship. Rumoured to be most likely for mid-carders.

July 2007

WOTW hits another set back when it's announced that they were declined a monthly pay per view. The reason being is that executives want to wait and see if War of the Worlds is profitable enough to warrant a pay per view.

More in the news of signings, Paul Heyman announces the signings of former WWE star Muhammed Hussan, resently released Umaga who will go as Ekmo in War of the Worlds, along with his cousin Kimo who was known as Rosey in the WWE, and Sonny Siaki. War of the Worlds also signed independent wrestlers Chuck Taylor and Kevin Steen. Chris Jericho claimed to be impressed with both of them especially Steen.

The month ended with the major signings two two people. One being the man who will know be the voice of War of the Worlds, Joey Styles who along with Mick Foley will be announcing all of the War of the Worlds shows. Styles was released of his contract along with JBL (Who asked for his released claiming he wanted to explore other business endeavours). Layfield claims he did have a talk with Heyman about signing with the company as both announcer and sponsor of War of the Worlds but, JBL decided to decline for the time being as he wanted to see how well War of the Worlds did before putting in his time and money into the company. The second and final signing of War of the Worlds was non other than Paul 'Big Show' Wright who after losing weight and working on a possible boxing career decided to ultimately sign with Heyman. This signing came with the help of Chris Jericho and Mick Foley who both did all the could to convince Wright to sign with the company.

waroftheworlds.com announced that the addition of Paul Wright would be the final announced signing for War of the Worlds. But, the fans should keep their eyes peeled for other wrestlers showing up at WotW.

Roster

'American Dragon' Bryan Danielson

'The Second City Saint' CM Punk

Paul 'The Great' Wright

'The Shooter' Brent Albright

Chris Jericho

Carlito Calon

'Instant Classic' Christian Cage

'The Whole F'n Show' Rob Van Dam

'The Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe

'The World Warrior' Low Ki

Muhammad Hassan

'The Real Deal' Nic Nemmeth

Ekmo

Kimo

Sonny Siaki

Kevin Steen

Chris Hero

Claudio Castagnoli

Paul London

Brian Kendrick

'The Ripper' Paul Burchill

'The All Star' Chuck Taylor

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Teddy Hart

Jack Evans

Matt Sydal

Roderick Strong

Austin Aries

Announcers

Play by Play - Joey Styles

Colour Commentator - Mick Foley

Tag Teams

Samoan MafiaSonny Siaki, Ekmo & Kimo

Londricks - Paul London & Brian Kendrick

Kings of WrestlingChris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli

God's Gift to Wrestling - Roderick Strong & Austin Aries

Championships

WOTW World Heavyweight ChampionshipVacant

WOTW Next Generation ChampionVacant

WOTW Crusierweight ChampionVacant

WOTW Tag Team ChampionsVacant

I don't quite get the name of the diary/promotion, but your roster looks pretty interesting. The back story is interesting, it might have been a little easier though to have possibly just made a paragraph or two saying that from 2006 to 2007, a great deal of talent from the World Wrestling Entertainment and Total Nonstop ACtion wrestling promotions have been leaving per request. But that's just a minor complaint. It sounds interesting, and I'll be waiting for your first show. I'm pretty much just going to be reading diaries from now.

Disagree with Poe on this one, I much prefer the fact that you went into so much detail. Most of the major issues with diaries of this kind is that people sign massive names with no real reasoning behind it. It also gives us a good insight into how the promotion formed, and how much time Heyman and his partners have put into this roster. Can't wait to see your first show and hopefully you can hit it out of the ball park so to speak on this one, it has massive potential.

I too disagree with Poe, I have seen custom companys just getting guys because its a fantasy diary but this is by far the best backstory/build up/whatever you call it for a new company and really realistic, Punk left because Heyman, Cage & Joe left due to Kurt signing obviously they would be overshadowed, Jerichos contract ended, RVD was unhappy and Rey was convinced by Jericho, there doesn't need to be a reason for the midcard/lower guys just the big names, the issue I have is 4 titles for a average sized roster, the cruiser I feel can be scrapped because it'll put a divide between non-cruisers and cruisers thus splitting the roster in four pretty much, main eventers, tag teams, cruisers and non-cruisers, you got 28 wrestlers, 8 guys in the tag scene (3 are cruisers), say 7 main eventers, you got 13 for the other 2 divisions, i'd say add another tag team and drop the cruiser title, 4 titles for under 30 wrestlers is to much IMO I always say 10 wrestlers every title is enough

Agreed, the signings were actually quite realistic. If it was set in the present day (2012) I couldnt see guys like Punk, Mysterio, Danielson Samoa Joe etc leaving WWE/TNA but it was different in 2006. I love the roster and I loved the backstory. You have a reader in me!

Hope to have show posted by tomorrow just have one more match to write out. Thank you all for the support actually blows my mind how many people are into this idea.

WaroftheWorlds.png

WAR OF THE WORLDS on THE FIGHT NETWORK PREVIEW

The Hammerstein Ballroom | Manhattan, New York City, New York

Confirmed for War of the Worlds!

War of the Worlds has found it's ring announcer! After being replaced by the returning Tony Chimel, Justin Roberts was released of his World Wrestling Entertainment contract just a weeks ago. War of the Worlds were able to come to an agreement with Justin and he will now be the voice you hear before each action packed match!

Tag Team Tournament | Round One

The Samoan Mafia | Kimo & Ekmo w/ Sonny Siaki

versus

Londricks | Paul London & Brian Kendrick

Tag Team Tournament | Round One

The Kings of Wrestling | Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli

versus

God's Gift to Wrestling | Austin Aries & Roderick Strong

Crusierweight Showcase

'American Dragon' Bryan Danielson

versus

'The Warrior' Low Ki

Also, History will be made Wednesday night as the FIRST World Heavyweight Champion will be crowned! The match type will be announced by the mastermind himself Paul Heyman LIVE on War of the Worlds on The Fight Network! Who will cement their selves in pro-wrestling as the first WotW World Heavyweight Champion? Find out Wednesday Night only on The Fight Network!

Question: Who do you think will be the first World Heavyweight Champion of War of the Worlds?

• 3 weeks later...

Took WAAAAAY longer than I thought to write this, person life decided to get in the way haha. The layouts a little simple but, I play on changing things around for the second show. Hope whoever reads this enjoys!

WAR OF THE WORLDS on THE FIGHT NETWORK

The Hammerstein Ballroom | Manhattan, New York City, New York

08/08/2007

The show begins with a pan of the filled to the brim crowd who are all out of their seats with excitment. No time is wasted at the cameras go to the ring where Paul Heyman himself is seen standing right in the middle of it.

Paul Heyman:

Ladies and gentlement let me just start off my saying thank you, thank you for sticking by me through thick and thin. Through all my good ideas and bad, through victories and hardships. Thank you for standing by me when no one else did. I promise you I will NOT let you down.

The crowd pops chanting 'Thank you Paul!' over and over.

Paul Heyman:

Now, enough with the sappy stuff lets get right down into! Welcome to the debut of WAR OF THE WORLDS! Just by being here you have helped make and be apart of history.

Crowd pops

Paul Heyman:

Now, for those of you who have been living under a rock for the last year and a half. Let me explain to you what this is, this is War of the Worlds. A place, where I have brought in the best wrestlers I could find and have them compete under one roof just for you! War of the Worlds isn't about larger than life CHARACTERS, it isn't about who can politic their way to the top of the ladder. It's about who is the best WRESTLER in the world not 'Sports Entertainer'. This isn’t the kind of place where you can just marry the bosses daughter and the next day be a world champion.

Paul Heyman:

I have no doubt in my mind that the War of the Worlds roster will make you rethink what you thought real wrestling was!

Crowd pops

Paul Heyman:

Only in War of the Worlds will you see guys like 'The Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe...

Pretty decent pop for Samoa Joe's name.

Paul Heyman:

Guys like CM Punk!

Fair amount of people in the crowd chant CM Punk's name.

Paul Heyman:

We have guys like... 'The who F'N show' Rob-Van-Dam...

The crowd pops chanting both 'ECW' and 'RVD' over and over again for at least a minute.

Paul Heyman:

And, we have guys like Chris Jericho!

'Crowd pops chanting 'Y2J'

Before Paul E. can say anymore he is cut off by a countdown appearing on the screen above the entrance way.

Break Down The Walls by Sevendust begins to play as the clock hits zero. Jericho walks out to the pop and yells of his name of the crowd. Jericho stands at the top of the stage and brings the microphone to his mouth.

Chris Jericho:

Let me just cut you off there Paul. 'Guys LIKE Chris Jericho'. 'Guys like Chris Jericho'!? There's only ONE Living Legend, There's only ONE Ayatollah of Rock N' Rollah! There's only ONE Chris Jericho and don't you forget it baby!

Crowd pops chanting 'Y2J' over and over.

Chris Jericho:

You opened the show by thanking all these people for making HISTORY and spending their hard earned money to be here.

Crowd pops

Chris Jericho:

You thank them when you should... be thanking me...

Crowd reacting quickly changes from cheers to boos.

Chris Jericho:

Boo me if you want but, you know I'm right. I AM the best thing about this company. I AM the reason all of you are here right now. And, I WILL be the face of this company whether I have you ass clown's support or not...

Crowd begins to chant 'Jericho Sucks' as Jericho walks towards the ring.

Paul Heyman:

You haven’t changed a bit Chris. Still full of yourself and still your own biggest fan. You're right there only is ONE Chris Jericho and no one can take that away from you. But, to say you're best thing about this company? I think there's a bunch of guys in the back who would debate that?

Crowd pops.

Chris Jericho:

Come on Pauly, you must of had some of what I saw Van Dam smoking in the back earlier. You really think you can compare me to so called wrestlers in the back?

Before Jericho can say anymore 'Just Close Your Eyes' hits the speaks as former TNA and WWE star Christian Cage walks out onto the stage to the cheers of the crowd.

Christian Cage:

Do you ever get tired of competing with your own shadow Chris?

Chris Jericho:

Listen Juni-

Christian Cage:

Don't answer that because I already know the answer is 'no'. These fans don't owe you a think Jericho. If anything you should be getting on your hands and knees and be thanking each and every one of these people for being the reason why you're here right now.

Crowd begins to chant 'Christian Cage'

Chris Jericho:

These people have nothing to do with my success, I'm the reason why I'm here and only have me to thank for how far I've gotten in this business. Now, if you can just sit in the corner and close your big mouth, I have some business to discuss with Mr. Heyman.

Jericho turns to Paul Heyman with a big grin on his face.

Chris Jericho:

Now Paul, the reason I’m out here is because I noticed that War of the Worlds with without a champion and without a face of the company.

Paul Heyman:

I'm listening...

Chris Jericho:

Well, I would just like to point out that I would be a more than perfect suiter for the World Heavyweight Champion and what better face for the company then my SEXY face!?

Crowds chants 'Jericho Sucks' again.

Christian Cage:

Sure, if we want to turn people away from this place Paul, go right ahead and make Jericho the face of the company.

Paul Heyman:

Christian, please. Now Chris, as appealing as just giving you the World Heavyweight Champion and letting you be the face of the company, I have something else in mind.

Chris Jericho has a bit of a fit after hearing that Heyman won't just be handing over the world title.

Paul Heyman:

Let me finish Chris because this does involve you and you, Christian. Tonight, will be the crowning the first World Heavyweight Champion. But, I won't just be HANDING over the Championship to anyone.

Heyman grins at Jericho who gives a dirty look back.

Paul Heyman:

You're going to earn, because tonight in the main event to crown the first World Champion will be a eight man battle royal!

Crowd pops and begins to chant 'Paul E.'

Paul Heyman:

You want to be the first World Champion of War of the Worlds? You want to be the face of the company? Well, you're going to have to get through seven different guys and after what you said about them, I'd say you have a pretty big target on your back.

Jericho begins to have a bit of a fit again before War of the Worlds goes to commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

War of the Worlds comes back to break as we are greeted by announcers Joey Styles and Mick Foley.

Joey Styles:

Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome you back to War of the Worlds. I'm Joey Styles along me of course is hardcore legend and perhaps the nicest man in professional wrestling, Mick Foley!

Mick Foley:

Thanks Joey, the 'Nicest Man in Wrestling' is a moniker I've always welcomed with open arms. I might not be the nicest look but, I'm fine with being the nicest person. Joey, we have a great night of action ahead of us!

Joey Styles:

And what a night it's been so far.

Mick Foley:

Oh absolutely Joey, what an announcement we got at the top of the show. Battle Royal for the World Heavyweight Champion!

Joey Styles:

Not quite the announcement Chris Jericho wanted to here but, certainly the news the wanted to hear.

Mick Foley:

But, that's later tonight. Joey, you and I got word at some of the wrestlers who will be competing in the battle royal for the World title.

Joey Styles:

Yes we did, allow me to run through all of the names of the competitors who will be competing tonight. Of course Chris Jericho, 'The Instant Classic' Christian Cage, CM Punk, 'The Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe, Rey Mysterio Jr. 'The Ripper' Paul Burchill, and Muhammad Hassan.

Mick Foley:

Some of them will be in the ring against one and other for the first time.

Joey Styles:

And what a interesting dynamic that makes the main event. Mick, as someone who has competed in the ring how do you prepare to face an opponent in the ring who you didn't know you would be facing until just a hour before the match let alone seven other opponents.

Mick Foley:

There is no real preparing for something like this Joey all you can really do is prepare for the unexpected and bring your A game. But, Joey that's later tonight before we get to our main event we still have the rest of the action packed card tonight.

Joey Styles:

That's Mick and we'll start off with what was announced via waroftheworlds.com and that's the first round of the Tag Team Championships Tournament starting with Kimo and Ekmo of the Samoan Mafia taking on the high flying team of Paul London and Brian Kendick

Mick Foley:

With all due respect to Paul London and Brian Kendrick, I think we should get the body bag ready.

Foley begins to laugh.

Joey Styles:

Oh come on Mick, you more than anyone should know that you NEVER count out the underdog!

Mick Foley:

You're absolutely right Joey, I like Paul and Brian but, I don't know how they're going to be able to handle the Samoan Mafia. Just looking at them they have to be out weighed by the Samoans but at least two hundred pounds Joey!

Joey Styles:

Well Mick, we're going to find out whether or not the high flying duo can hold their own against the Samoans!

The cameras go to the ring where Justin Roberts stands ready to announce the competitors of the opening match.

Justin Roberts:

Ladies and gentlemen the following contest is scheduled for one fall and is the first round of the War of the Worlds Tag Team Championships Tournament! Introducing first at the combined weight of three hundred, eighty five pounds. Paul London and Brian Kendrick!

'Battle Without Honor Or Humanity' by Tomoyasu Hotei hits the speaks as London and Kendrick quickly run out through the curtain. The two raise their arms to the crowd before sprinting down the ramp and sliding into the ring. The two end their entrance by flipping off opposite turnbuckles from one and other and shaking hands to the pop of the crowd.

Mick Foley:

Even though they are Paul and Brian are the underdogs of this match they look to be in high spirits and ready for whatever the Samoan Mafia will throw at them.

Joey Styles:

Funny you should say that Mick because, earlier today had this to say about what they plan on doing in this match tonight.

The camera cuts to a prerecorded promo from the Samoan Mafia. Sonny Siaki stands in front of Ekmo and Kimo as he begins to talk.

Sonny Siaki

Tonight, you all get to witness the what real destruction looks like as the Samoan Mafia goes to work tonight. Tonight’s match is just a small speed bump in our pursuit of getting the War of the Worlds Tag Team Championships. I would hate do be in your situation London and Kendrick but, you can rest easy knowing that the beat down you will feel shouldn't take any longer than... THREE MINUTES.

Siaki smirks at his reference to the teams former gimmick as he leads Kimo and Ekmo away from the scene.

The cameras cut back to the Hammerstein Ballroom as the cameras go to Brian Kendrick and Paul London who are looking a little concerned about what they're in for.

Joey Styles:

The faces of London and Kendrick tell a thousand words Mick.

Mick Foley:

That they do Joey, these two men aren't NOT looking forward to what's ins tore for them.

'Got it' by 3 6 Mafia plays as the Samoa Mafia walks through the curtain.

Justin Roberts:

And their opponents... at a combined weight of nine hundred thirty nine pounds! Being accompanied to the ring by Sonny Siaki... Ekmo and Kimo... The Samoan Mafia!

Mick Foley:

Nine hundred thirty nine pounds Joey!? That weighs as much as my car... well my van. That's A LOT of weight in that ring is what I'm getting at.

Sonny Siaki leads his Samoan Mafia partners to the ring. Siaki confidently grins at his partner's opponents as Ekmo and Kimo get into the ring shaking the whole thing as the pace around ready to be unleashed on London and Kendrick.

Tag Team Match

Round One of the Tag Team Championships Tournament

SAMOAN MAFIA (KIMO & EKMO) w/ SONNY SIAKI

versus

PAUL LONDON & BRIAN KENDRICK

The bell rings as Kimo and Paul London start things off in the match. London and Kimo walk to the middle of the ring as Kimo sizes up 'The Excellence of Innovation'. Paul tries not to look intimidated by the four hundred plus pounder. Paul tries to lock up with the Samoan monster but is quickly pushed to the ground. London quickly gets up and bounces off the ropes hitting Kimo with a forearm to the chest but it does nothing. Siaki can be heard at ringside laughing at London's attempts. London tries again to bounces off the ropes but, his kicked in the chest before he can even attempt to do anything. London rolls to his corner and tags in Kendick who looks anything but willing to go up against Kimo.

Mick Foley:

Joey, if you had to choose who would you rather go up against Kimo or Ekmo?

Joey Styles:

I don't think I want to answer that question Mick.

Brian quickly bounces off the ropes and hits a drop kick to face off Kimo wobbling him. Kendrick trying to gain some momentum but it met with a palm strike to the temple rocking 'Spanky'. Kimo lets out a war cry before grabbing Brian by the shoulders and tossing him into the Samoan Mafia's corner and tagging in his cousin Ekmo. Ekmo grabs Kendrick the back of the head and headbutts him before tossing him to the mat. Siaki begins to yell at Ekmo to 'Squash Him!'. Ekmo following orders scales the top rope and lets out a war cry before diving off the top rope going for what looks like a diving headbutt. But, before the headbutt hits somehow, Brian is able to roll out of the way and drive to tag in his partner Paul London. Ekmo makes it up to one knee and is quickly hit with a drop kick to the face by London toppling him back first to the mat. London quickly gets to his feet and covers the fallen Samoan trying to seize the opportunity.

ONE!

Ekmo quickly kicks out right after the one count tossing London off of his chest. Ekmo gets back to his feet but, is hit with a drop kick to the knee at high speeds by London sending The Samoan Bulldozer to one knee. London quickly climbs to the second rope and tries for a Hurricanrana but, Ekmo manages to reverse it and powerbombs Paul into the turnbuckle. Ekmo grabs the lifeless corpse of London by one leg and drags him to Kimo and tags him in. Siaki again barks orders at Kimo yelling at him to 'Break his damn ribs!' Kimo picks London who can't even stand up of his own by the head before putting him up onto his shoulders and Samoa Dropping him into the mat. To the joy of Sonny Siaki feeling like this match is over Kimo covers London.

ONE!

TWO!

THR- NO!

London purely on instinct manages to get his shoulder up to the cheers of the crowd. Kimo face shows frustration as he again picks London up by the head and sends him into the corner. Kimo charges at London and tries to splash him in the corner but, nobodies home as London manages to shake the cobwebs out of his head just in time to move out of the way. With Kimo rocked in the corner, Paul manages to stumble over to Brian and tag him in. Kendrick wastes little time getting into the ring as he changers Kimo hitting him with a lightning fast drop kick to the midsection sending him into a seating position in the corner. He wastes little time following the first drop kick with another baseball slide to the face of one part of the Samoan Mafia. Kimo rolls to the middle of the ring holding his face allowing Spanky to scale the top rope. It looks like he's all set to sore until Siaki gets onto the apron and begins yelling at Brian distracting him. The referee begins to yell at Siaki telling him to get off the turnbuckle until Kimo gets to his feet and gets in the refs face and just glares at him. With the referee distracted by Kimo Sonny uses the opportunity to run over to Kendrick and push him 'causing him to low blow him self on the turnbuckle. Sonny then hops off the turnbuckle acting like he's done nothing wrong with a big grin on his face. Kimo climbs to the middle rope and plants Brian Kendrick with a middle rope Samoan Drop.

Joey Styles:

OH MY GOD!

Mick Foley:

I was joking before but, maybe we should bring out the body bag!

Kimo hooks the leg as the crowd watches on as he pins the lifeless Kendrick.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE! NO!

At the possible second, Paul London rushes into the ring and kicks Kimo with a drop kick breaking up the pin. The Samoan Bulldozer Ekmo too rushes the ring hitting Paul with a Samoan Spike to the throat sending him to the mat. Unaware that Kendrick is now up on his feet, Ekmo turns right into a leg lariat knocking the Samoan Smashing Machine to the mat. Ekmo quickly stumbles to his feet but is on spaghetti legs allowing Spanky to set up for the Slice Bread. Siaki manages to get to the apron once again in hopes of distracting Kendrick but, Brian follows throw with the move kicking Siaki off the apron in the process.

Joey Styles:

Slice Bread! SLICE BREAD!

The crowd pops at the momentum Brian is gaining but, it appears to be short lived as he walks right into Kimo who grabs Kendrick and puts him on his shoulders looking like he's going for yet another Samoan Drop.

Joey Styles:

If the first two Samoan Drops didn't kill him, this one is sure to.

Unseen to Kimo, Paul London still holding his throat has scaled the top rope and hits him with Kendrick still on his shoulders with a missile drop kick. Brian uses the momentum from the kick to reverse the Samoan Drop into a crucifix pin.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Winners | Paul London & Brian Kendrick via pin fall (Crucifix Pin)

Kimo kicks out just after the three count as Ekmo slides into the ring in hopes to break up the pin.

Joey Styles:

Oh...Oh, my god Brian Kendrick and Paul London have eliminated the Samoan Mafia from the tournament.

Mick Foley:

In dramatic fashion too, Joey. It's a good thing I'm not a betting men or else my wife would of killed me for the money I could of lost.

London and Kendrick waste no time getting out of the ring as the Samoan Mafia does not looked too pleased with this situation. Siaki, Ekmo, and Kimo pace around the ring before Sonny glances over at the referee and sucker punches him. Siaki then shouts orders at Ekmo as Kimo scales the top rope. Ekmo picks the referee up with a gorilla press slam before crushing him with a Samoan Drop. Siaki then signals to Kimo as the monster dives off the rope rope crashing down on the referee with a monstrous splash.

Joey Styles:

Oh come on, that's just uncalled for...

Mick Foley:

Are you going to be the one to tell them that?

The Samoan Mafia heads up the ramp still looking upset as War of the Worlds goes to commercial.

Commercial Break

War of the Worlds turns from the break. After playing the replay of the upset that happened during the cameras go to the back where Paul Heyman is sitting in his office until Chris Jericho.

Chris Jericho:

You just couldn't make things easy could you?

Paul Heyman:

You're not on about this again ar-

Chris Jericho:

Let me finish Paul E, you're not in front of the fans anymore. You can tell me the truth, you don't actually think that any of those guys in the battle royal are on my level do you?

Paul Heyman:

Actually Mr. Jericho I do, in fact someone who I think IS on YOUR level is standing right behind you.

Chris Jericho turns around as the camera zooms away from him showing CM Punk.

Chris Jericho:

And, who are you junior?

The crowd begins to chant CM Punk's name.

Chris Jericho:

Well CHRIS, my name is CM Punk.

Chris Jericho:

That's real nice kid... now if you excuse me, I was in the middle of something.

Jericho goes to turn back around to complain Heyman once again but, Punk quickly cuts him off.

CM Punk

You didn't let me finish, my name is CM Punk, as in the guy who's in the battle royal.

Chris Jericho:

Shouldn't you be wrestling in a gym somewhere junior?

CM Punk

As in the guy who's going to be throwing YOU over the top rope and cementing myself in the history books as the first War of the Worlds Champion.

The two stare down not saying a word while Heyman widely grins in the background. Jericho storms off followed by Punk as the camera goes to Heyman.

Paul Heyman:

This is going to be good!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Singles Match

Cruiserweight Showcase

'American Dragon' BRYAN DANIELSON

versus

LOW KI

The match begins with both men circling one and other the crowd seems to be split down the middle. Half of them chanting 'Let's go Dragon!' and half chanting 'Let's go Low Ki'. The two circle each other two more times with Danielson going for feints trying to catch Low Ki off guard. The two final lock up and Danielson sends The Warrior off the ropes. Dragon goes for a quick armdrag but, Low Ki is able to reverse it with his own arm drag. Bryan quickly gets to his feet as Low Ki tries for another one this time it's Danielson who reverses into a armdrag. Danielson quickly covers Low Ki

ONE!

TW-!

Low Ki quickly kips up and sweeps the legs off Danielson going for his own cover.

ONE!

Bryan too kicks out not allowing the count to even go to two. The two quickly get up and square off to the cheers of the crowd. The two look around at the crowd before giving each other a little nod of respect. The two lock up again as Danielson again, sends Low Ki off the ropes. Bryan looks to charge after Ki but, The Warrior manages to springboard off the ropes and rocks Bryan to the mat with a springboard roundhouse. Low Ki quickly follows this up by trying what looks like a dragon sleeper. Danielson quickly squirms to the ropes breaking up the submission hold. Danielson holds onto the top rope as he slowly gets up to his feet. You can see on Low Ki's face that his confidence is starting to build. The American Dragon and The Warrior stare each other down before trading forwards back and forth.

Mick Foley:

Cruiserweights may be known for their high flying moves but, these boys game to fight!

After what seems like hundreds of back and forth forearms, Danielson manages to rock Ki. Dragon bounces off the ropes and hits Low Ki with a running big boot while he's still on spaghetti legs. Bryan then rolls out onto the apron and begins taunting Ki to get up. As Low Ki gets up, Danielson springboards off the top rope and goes for a dropkick. But, the Warrior sees it coming and at the last possible second reverses it into a power bomb knocking both of the out. The checks on both cruiserweights before starting his count.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

Both men begin to show signs of life as the both try to use to the ropes to get up.

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIG-!

Both men manage to get up just before the eight count. Both men shake out the cobwebs and they quickly rush to the middle of the ring. The two begin to trade leg kicks back and forth each one harder than the last. Low Ki's leg finally buckles after a stiff kick to the knee from Danielson. American Dragon follows it up with a roundhouse to the side of Low Ki's head sending him rolling out of the ring. With the War of the Worlds fans strongly behind Danielson, he bounces off the ropes and suicide dives taking The Warrior out just as he stumbles to his feet.

Joey Styles:

Oh my god! What won't these two men do to each other!?

'This is Awesome!' chants fill the arena as both Low Ki and Bryan Danielson say on the ringside floor.

Mick Foley:

I couldn't agree with the fans more Joey. I think all the other cruiserweights are going to need to re-think their game after watching this blockbuster of a match.

After a few seconds of laying nearly lifeless on the floor, Danielson gets to his feet and rolls the limp body of Low Ki into the ring. Danielson rolls in after him hooking the leg of The Warrior as he gets into the ring.

ONE!

TWO!

THR!

Just before the ref brings his had down for the three count, Low Ki manages to get his foot on the bottom rope. Danielson looks at both the crowd and the referee with disbelief. Danielson then tries to pick up Low Ki but, is met with a kick to the side for the head followed by a roll up.

ONE!

TWO!

Bryan Danielson quickly gets out of the pin after the two count. Low Ki quickly grounds American Dragon locking in the Dragon Sleeper and dragging him to the middle of the ring. Danielson tries to squirm out of the hold but, Low Ki has it in tight. Danielson looks like he's about to tap, the longer the submission's in the more Bryan cries out in pain. The American Dragon chooses not to give up but, instead begins to battle back with elbows to the face of Low Ki. Danielson gets to his feet waiting for the Warrior to make it to his feet. Danielson bounces off the ropes and tries for a running big boot but, Low Ki see it coming and grabs Bryan's foot and pulls him into a devastating Ki Krusher!

Joey Styles:

Low Ki just planted him with the Ki Krusher!

Low Ki doesn’t pin Danielson here, instead he climbs the top rope and hits him with a Ghetto Stomp to the pop and awe of the crowd.

Joey Styles:

For those of you who are not familiar with that move, that move is the `Ghetto Stomp`!

Mick Foley:

And Joey, it looks like he stomped right through American Dragon`s chest!

Low Ki quickly hooks both of Danielson`s legs.

ONE!

TWO

THREE!

Winner | Low Ki via Pin Fall (Following a Ghetto Stomp)

Danielson rolls out of the ring holding his chest and back as Low Ki intensely on the turnbuckle. The two lock eyes respectfully nodding at one and other. The fans in the Ballroom chant `That was Awesome` at the top of their lunges over and over. Low Ki paces around the ring for a few seconds before being handed a microphone.

Low Ki:

Crusierweights, take notice of me. I was eXstremely dominate in a division much like this for a different company and I plan on being just as dominate here.

Low Ki drops microphone and gets out of the ring and heads to the back with the cheers of the fans surrounding him.

Mick Foley:

He’s a man of few words, Joey.

Joey Styles:

I think he said enough during that match Mick!

Mick Foley:

Hats off to both men in this match Low Ki come out on top but, I can say for certain I would mind seeing a rematch of this match a million times.

Joey Styles:

I’m sure their paths will cross once again once we get closer to the crowning of the Cruiserweight Champion! Ladies and Gentlemen we are just about to go to a commercial break but before we go, we’ll bring you to the back where Muhammad Hassan had this say...

The cameras go backstage where Muhammad Hassan stands ready to talk.

Muhammad Hassan:

Ever since I was born my people have been treated unfairly. Labelled... labelled as a terrorist! Labelled as that by you people and labelled by the media. I’ve never once said I was a terrorist and yet because of where I come from I’m don’t what I am. ``Oh look his skin is brown and he wears a turban. He must be one of those terrorist I’ve heard about on the news.`` Judged to the point where I was edited off television and acted like I didn’t exist. Bringing embarrassment to my family, not even given a chance to defend myself. Not that the racism of the media could see past their stereotypes anyway. I was embarrassed before, I won’t be embarrassed here! I promise you that.

Hassan stares at the camera and allows what he said sink in before WotW goes to break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

As the commercial break ends, we are greeted with 'The Ripper' Paul Burchill backstage.

Paul Burchill

People seem to make the foolish mistake of over looking me. When you over look me, you're over looking the most dangerous man to EVER step into the ring. A man who show's no mercy. A man who will do anything, ANYTHING to win.

Following 'The Ripper's' promo, we are joined by Joey and Mick and ringside.

Joey Styles:

Strong words from a man who says he's been over looked.

Mick Foley:

In a match like a battle royal Joey, you can't over look anyone. The second you do, you lose.

Joey Styles:

It should be hard for anyone to underestimate anyone else in this match as everyone is a former world champion from one place or another.

Mick Foley:

It brings an interesting dynamic Joey, these men have felt what it's like to be world champion and I'm sure all of them would love to have that feeling again by winning this battle royal. But, that match is still to come, Joey. First we have final part of the first round of the Tag Team Championships Tournament.

Justin Roberts:

Ladies and gentlemen, the following tag team contest is set for one fall!

Aries and Strong walk out through the curtain as Personal Jesus by Marilyn Manson hits the speakers with nothing but confidence on their faces.

Justin Roberts:

Introducing first weighing in at a combined weight of four hundred, ten pounds. Austin Aries, Roderick Strong! God's Gift to Wrrrrresstling!

Joey Styles:

The looks on Aries' and Strong's faces tell a thousand words. Confidence and arrogance is what makes up this team.

Mick Foley:

I'm fine with them being cocky and confident but, it's the name of their team that bothers me.

Joey Styles:

Why's that?

Mick Foley:

Well Joey, I've always been a little bias on going on record in saying that Mr. Socko is God's Gift to Wrestling.

Styles and Foley share a laugh as God's Gift to Wrestling makes their way into the ring and wait for the Kings for Wrestling.

Justin Roberts:

And their opponents at a combined weight of four hundred, fifty seven pounds... They are The Kings of Wrestling... Chris Herrrroooo and Claudio Castagnoli!

The Kings of Wrestling walk out through the curtain to the music of Queen's 'We are the Champions' the team signals to the crowd with their uppercut/rolling elbow taunt before heading down the ramp.

Joey Styles:

These two men have been very successful since they started teaming. Able to capture a lot of solo and tag team championships on the independent scene.

Mick Foley:

That's right Joey, and now they get a chance to show what they got on the big stage!

Hero and Castagnoli get into the ring as the two teams stare each other down.

Joey Styles:

These four men have met before in other organizations but, I don't think something this big was on the line.

Tag Team Match

Round One of the Tag Team Championships Tournament

KINGS OF WRESTLING (CHRIS HERO & CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI)

versus

GOD'S GIFT TO WRESTLING (AUSTIN ARIES & RODERICK STRONG)

Hero and Aries start this match up as Aries extend his hand with a grin on his face. Hero doesn't look like he trusts Aries as the Greatest Man Who Ever Lived slaps The Young Knockout Kid in the face. Hero quickly tries to show Aries why he got that nickname as he tries to hit the rolling elbow just minutes into the match. Aries manages to avoid it before it connects and he quickly scurries out of the ring. Aries and Strong discuss a game plan as Hero waits frustrated in the ring. Hero looks like he's going to go out of the ring after Aries but, A Double grabs the back of Hero's head hitting Hero's neck throat off the middle rope. Austin Aries slides back into the ring and tries to roll Hero up for the quick win.

One!

TW-

Hero manages to kick out just before the ref brings his hand down for the two count. Aries argues with the referee about whether or not the count was slow or not as he picks up Hero by the head. Aries drags Hero by the back of the head into God's Gift To Wrestling's corner and hits a few chops on Hero before tagging in Roderick Strong. Roderick looks to Irishwhip Hero into his own corner but, instead grabs onto the front of Hero's face and pulls him into a backbreaker. Roderick puts his foot on the chest of Hero thinking that he's done enough in such a short time to earn the win.

One!

TWO!

Hero manages to get his shoulder up just after the two count. Both members of God's Gift to Wrestling argue with the referee yelling at him to count faster. Roderick begins to stomp away at Chris before scaling the turnbuckle. Strong leaps off the top rope and hits a elbow drop to the dead centre of Hero's chest. Roderick springs up to his feet and begins to mock Claudio into getting into the ring. Castagnoli tries to but, is cut off by the referee who holds him back. While the distraction is happening Aries claps his hands together to make the sound of Roderick tagging him in as the two begin to double team Hero. Aries puts Hero in a full nelson as Strong begins to chop away at Hero's chest. Just as the ref is about to turn around, Roderick gets onto the apron. The crowd begins to boo Aries and Strong as Aries points to his head signalling how smart he is. Aries picks up Hero and quickly plants him into the mat with a Russian leg sweep. Followed by a sleeper hold. Claudio does all he can to get the crowd behind Hero to encourage him to make it to his feet. Hero looks to be fading but, manages to fight through the pain. Just as it looks like Hero is going to battle out of it, Aries lets go and quickly hits a Macho Necksnap to the boo's of the crowd. Aries again points at his head before doing all that he can to get under the skin of Claudio. The Swiss Superman tries to go after Aries but, again the ref yells at him to get back onto the apron. This allows Roderick to get into the ring and try to hit Hero with an STO but, Hero battles back hitting Roderick in the side of the head his his elbow. Just as Hero goes over to tag Claudio, Aries gets back into the ring and school boys Hero from behind.

ONE!

TWO!

THR- NO!

Hero somehow manages to kick out before the three count. Both members of God's Gift to Wrestling and the crowd look on is disbelief. Aries again picks Hero up but, the Mack Daddy of the Cravate battles back hitting Aries with body shots sending him into the neutral corner. Hero follows up his momentum by hitting Austin with all his got from punches to kicks and finishes it off with rapid palm strikes to the chest of Aries.

Mick Foley:

It looks like Hero is on his second wind!

Aries crumbles to the mat as Hero stumbles to the Kings of Wrestling's corner and tag in Claudio before rolling out of the ring. Claudio rushes into the ring like a house of fire clotheslining Aries to the mat and following it up with a running bicycle kick to Strong who tries to break up the Swiss Powerhouse's momentum. Aries tries to crawl out of the ring but, Castagnoli cuts him off grabbing onto his legs. A Double tries to hang onto the bottom rope with all he's got but, Claudio is too strong and pulls Aries into the middle of the ring and unleashes a giant swing. The Master of the Backbreaker tries to break the move up but, Claudio uses Aries as somewhat of a battery ram and takes Roderick out. With the crowd behind him Claudio releases the move sending Aries hard to the mat. Claudio quickly hooks the leg of Aries for the win.

ONE!

TWO!

THR- NO!

Aries manages to get his shoulder up just on instinct. Claudio holds three fingers up to the referee who responds by holding up two while telling him that Aries got his shoulder up in time before the three count. Claudio wastes no more time arguing with the ref as he picks up Aries and drags him to Hero and tags him in. Chris Hero locks Austin Aries in a cravate which he turns into a neckbreaker sending Aries into the ground. Hero quickly follows this up with a Hero Stomp followed by a jumping senton before hooking the leg.

ONE!

TWO!

THRE-

Roderick manages to drag Hero off Aries at the last possible second. Claudio quickly rushes the ring hitting Strong with a running knee. Sending him out of the ring the through ropes. Before Claudio can do anymore damage, Aries hits him from behind with a dropkick sending Castagnoli out of the ring. Aries turns his attention to Hero as he sizes him up for no doubt a Brainbuster. Hero slowly gets to his feet as Austin pulls him up the rest of the way. Aries lifts Hero up for his finishing move but, Chris manages to float over landing over his feet and hits a Hero's Welcome out of no where. Hero follows up the Hero's Welcome by hooking the leg of A Double.

ONE!

TWO!

It looks like Roderick is going to break up the pin as he charges at Hero. But, Claudio cuts The Messiah of the Backbreak off and he tosses Strong in the air and hits a picture perfect European uppercut to the awe of the crowd.

Joey Styles:

Oh my god!

Mick Foley:

I don't think Roderick's going to be waking up from that for a while!

THREE!

Winners | The Kings of Wresting (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) via pin fall (following a Hero's Welcome)

Hero and Castagnoli celebrate in the middle of the ring as God's Gift to Wrestling lay knocked out on the mat.

Mick Foley:

It's going to be London and Kendrick versus the Kings of Wrestling in the finals!

Joey Styles:

And, both teams earned their spot!

Mick Foley:

I don't think anyone has a doubt about that, Joey!

The Kings of Wrestling walk up the ramp with their arms raised as War of the World's goes to commercial.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

War of the World's comes back from the break with a video package.

Narrator:

An unstoppable force is coming...

Black and white footage of Paul Wright looking menacing into the camera.

Narrator:

No Friends, just enemies

Footage shows Paul Wright punching a punching bag.

Narrator:

No Remorse only destruction

Wright lets out a war cry before hitting the bag off of it's chain.

Narrator:

Something Great is coming... Paul Wright is coming...

Wright again glares at the camera showing off his size before the video ends.

The cameras go back to Joey and Mick at the announce table as the main eve is about to begin.

Joey Styles:

Ladies and gentlemen we are just moments away from history in the making!

Mick Foley:

That's right Joey the first main event of War of the Worlds is just a few minutes away. Let's break this match down. Eight men, one goal. That goal; is to become the first War of the Worlds champion.

Joey Styles:

Not many people can say that they were the first world champion and I'm sure all of these men want to be able to say it.

Mick Foley:

Absolutely Joey, like we said at the top of the show, all of these men have been world champions at some point and will do what it takes to have gold around their waists again. But, enough talking Joey, I'm excited for this! you're excited for this! Let's get this main event going!

The camera goes to the ring with Just Roberts.

Justin Roberts:

Ladies and gentlemen it's not time for out MMMMAIN EVENT! The follow match is a battle royal! And is for the War of the Worlds Championshiiiip! The only way to eliminate an opponent is to throw him over the top rope and is only eliminated when both feet touch the floor. Once there is only one man standing he will be crowned the first World Champion of War of the Worlds!

Crowd pops

Justin Roberts:

Introducing first! From the Isle of Samoa weighing in at two hundred, sixty five pounds! The Samoan Submission Machine... Samoa Joe!

The Godzilla March horn sounds followed by LL Cool J's Momma said Knock you out as Samoa Joe walks through the curtain he has a dead serious look on his face as he makes his way down the ramp and into the ring. Joe poses in the middle of the ring as red and yellow streamers fly through the air covering the ring. Joe stands in the corner waiting for his opponents to come out.

Justin Roberts:

Introducing next, from Punjab, India weighing in at two hundred forty three pounds... Muhammad Hassan!

Hassan's music hits to the immediate boo's of the crowd. Hassan looks around at the arena as he slowly walks through the curtain. Hassan kneels on the stage with his arms in the air in a praying motion before getting up and walking towards the ring. He begins to argue with the fans at ringside before getting in the ring and waits in the corner for the rest of the battle royal competitors.

Justin Roberts:

And their opponents! From Battle Creek Michigan! Weighing in at two hundred, thirty five pounds... He is the Whole Fn' Show! Rob-Van-Dam!

'Walk' by Pantera hits the speaks as Van Dam walks out with his typical mellow grin on his face. RVD does his signature taunt to the cheers and chants of the crowd before heading down the ramp. Van Dam rolls into the ring and shoots Samoa Joe a nod before waiting in the third corner.

Justin Roberts:

Introducing fourth, from Chelsea, England weighing in tonight at two hundred, forty seven pounds... The Ripper... Paaaaul Burchill!

Coming Undone by Korn hits as Burchill walks out with a confident but, serious look on his face. The Ripper wastes little time getting into the ring as he along with Van Dam, Samoa Joe, and Hassan wait for the rest of the competitors.

Justin Roberts:

And their opponent from Chicago Illinois, weighing in at two hundred eighteen pounds... C-M Puuuuunk!

Miseria Cantare by AFI blasts over the speakers as a high energized CM Punk walks through the curtain. CM Punk goes to one knee and feels the ground before telling the crowd that it is in fact 'Clobberin' Time!'. CM Punks down the ramp eyeing all of his opponents before getting into the ring and waiting for the final three to come out.

Justin Roberts:

Introducing their opponent, from San Diego, California... he weighs in at one hundred, seventy five pounds... Rey! Mysterio! Juuunior!

'The Reason' by Mad One hits the speakers as Rey Mysterio Jr jumps from the stage to the loud pop of the crowd. Mysterio quickly makes in down the ramp shaking hands with the fans before getting into the ring with the rest of the battle royal entries.

Justin Roberts:

And their opponent, from Toronto Ontario, Canada weighing in at two hundred, twelves pounds he is: 'Captain Charisma' Christian Caaaage!

'Close You Eyes' hits as Christian walks out to the roar of the jam packed crowd. Cage salutes the fans before heading down the ramp with a smile on his face. He walks up the stairs and climbs the turnbuckle. Christian Cage again salutes the War of the Worlds fans before hoping off the turnbuckle and into the ring and waits for the final man, Chris Jericho.

'Break Down the Walls' hits as Jericho appears on the ramp with his back turned to the crowd and his arms extended.

Justin Roberts:

And introducing the eighth and final man of the battle royal... from Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada... weighing in at two hundred twenty seven pounds... Y-2-J! Chrrris Jerichoooo!

Begins to walk down the ramp all while talking trash to the fans. The camera goes to CM Punk who's focus hasn't been taken off Jericho since he came out through the curtain. Jericho gets into the ring and begins staring down all the competitors in the battle royal before turning his focus to Punk.

Battle Royal

To Crown the first ever WotW World Heavyweight Champion

CHRIS JERICHO versus CM PUNK versus ROB VAN DAM versus SAMOA JOE versus CHRISTIAN CAGE versus MUHAMMAD HASSAN versus PAUL BURCHILL versus REY MYSTERIO

The match starts off with a used cluster between all eight men. The brawl quickly separates leaving CM Punk and Chris Jericho in the middle of the ring. The two stare down each one of them signalling that they will be the one to win the battle royal. 'The Ripper' Paul Burchill tries for a sneak attack on the two only for Punk and Jericho to see it coming as the two throw 'The Ripper' over the top rope sending him packing.

Elimination One | The Ripper Paul Burchill

Burchill protests his elimination on the outside to anyone who will listen as the match continue. Jericho quickly begins to try to convince Hassan to make an alliance. While this is happening, Van Dam and Mysterio do all they can to get Samoa Joe out of the ring. But, Joe manages to fight the two off sending the them both to the mat with a double clothesline. Punk tries his luck against Samoa Joe hitting his fellow RoH alumni with a flying knee rocking Joe. Punk tries to follow it up with clothesline but, Joe sends him over the top rope. 'The Second City Saint' manages to hang onto the ropes saving himself from an elimination. Meanwhile, Jericho is finally able to convince Hassan as the two go for Mysterio. However, Jericho quickly breaks the alliance hitting Hassan from behind and sending him over the top rope.

Elimination Two | Muhammad Hassan

Hassan looks at the crowd and referees with disbelief as he quickly tries to get back into the ring but gets pulled down by the referees. Hassan continue to have a fit on the outside while the action continues in the ring. Jericho tries to sit back and watch as the rest of the competitors fight it out in from of him until, Christian charges the self proclaimed 'Sexy Beast' and splashes him into the corner. Christian continues the assault as he begins to hit Jericho in the face with stiff shots while on the top rope.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

Christian milks the tenth punch for too long as he is hit from behind by Samoa Joe sending him over the turnbuckle and onto the floor.

Elimination Three | Christian Cage

Jericho with a grin on his face tries to attack Joe who tries to go after one of his other opponents. Y2J tries to toss 'The Samoan Submission Machine' out but, Joe manages to reverse it hitting Jericho with a three jab combo into the corner followed by a CCS Enzuigiri. Rocking Jericho into a seated position. But, Joe doesn't end his assault on Y2J there. Instead, he face washes Chris Jericho with the bottom of his boot twice and follows it with a huge Ole kick looking as though it's knocked out Jericho. Trying to end the momentum of Joe, Mysterio chargers the man from the Isle of Samoa trying to catches him off guard with a cross body but, is met with a snap scoop slam. Van Dam tries his luck at topping Joe going for a quick spin kick. But, Joe catches it. But before Joe can do any damage to 'The Whole F'n Show', Van Dam shows just how educated his feet are by jumping up and hitting Joe with an Enzugiri. Joe stumbles onto the the second rope. Chats of '6-1-9!' fill the arena as Rey Jr. bounces off the ropes and hits Samoa Joe with a big time 619! Rey Mysterio then gets onto the apron and tries for what might be a springboard but, before he can hit one of his many high flying moves, Jericho cuts him off with a springboard drop kick sending Rey to the floor and eliminating him.

Elimination Four | Rey Mysterio Jr.

The final four square off, Jericho backs up into the corner hoping that Van Dam, Joe and Punk will fight it out. Instead, the three of them nod to one another and charge Jericho hitting him with kicks and punches in the corner. The three stop hitting him in the corner as Joe snapmares Jericho to the ground and following it up with a chop to the back and a soccer kick to the chest. Jericho rolls to the edge of the ring but, before he can roll out of the ring, Van Dam sets up and hits him with a Rolling Thunder. But, the beat down doesn't end there. Y2J barely able to holds himself up, stumbles into two palm strikes to the head followed by a back heel kick to the stomach sending him out of the ring.

Mick Foley:

And out goes Y2J

Joey Styles:

I'm not sure about that, I couldn't really see from this angle but, I'm not sure if he went over the ropes.

Jericho lays on the floor border lined out old and the rest of the competitors battle it out in the ring. The three men in the ring circle around each other deciding when to strike. Eventually, Joe and Van Dam square off in the middle of the ring. The two lock up as Samoa Joe quickly gets the upper hand on Mr. PPV hitting him with several forearms in a row followed by an Enzugiri attempt buy, Van Dam ducks it sending Joe to the mat. Van Dam quickly sets up and hits a rolling thunder hitting Samoa Joe in the lower back. Van Dam quickly drags Joe to the middle of the ring and scales the turnbuckle. Van Dam, signals for the Five Start Frog Splash but, before he can ever take off from the top rope, CM Punk runs over to Van Dam and hits the ropes causing the Whole Fn' Show to low blow himself on the ropes. Before Van Dam can even begin to regain his composure, The Second City Saint quickly charges Van Dam hitting him with a jumping forearm sending him out of the ring and rib first into the guardrail

Elimination Five | Rob Van Dam

Van Dam holds onto his ribs as he heads to the back nodding at Punk as he heads up the ramp. Punk then turns his attention to Samoa Joe, feint “RoH!” chants begin to fill the arena as Samoa Joe makes it slowly to his feet. Punk and Joe begin to stare each other down both telling each other that they will be the one to walk out of this match as the World Champion. The two shake hands and lock up as the final two begin to battle it out. Samoa Joe quickly gets the upper hand and sends Punk off the ropes. Punk tries to hit a shoulder block but, Joe doesn't even budge. Joe smirks at Punk which the Straight Edge wrestler takes as disrespect and slaps Joe in the face. The Samoan Submission Machine's smirk quickly turns to a look of anger as he hits Punk with a forearm smash. Punk shakes off the blow as well as he can as he too answers back with a forearm to Joe. The two begin hitting each other back and forth with forearm shots to the jaw. Each one harder than the last. Joe is finally rocked by one of Punk's causing him to stand on spaghetti legs. Punk capitalizes with a leg kick as he stumbles to the mat after feeling the effects from Joe's shots.

Mick Foley:

Just goes to show the levels these men are willing to go to be win this match.

Joey Styles:

Both men trying to do everything then can to cement themselves in War of the Worlds history.

The two men lay lifeless on the mat for a few months before both stumble to their feet. Punk manages to recover first as he goes for an exhausted spinning back fist. But, as Punk spins he gives Joe his back as the man from the Isle of Samoa quickly locks in The Choke. Punk tries to struggle out of the hold but, eventually fades away. Joe holds onto the hold for a extra couple seconds for good measure until releasing it. Joe lifts a choked out Punk by the head and tosses him head first over the ropes. At the last possible second, Punk manages to hang out to the ropes before his feet touch the ground. Before Joe can realize that Punk hasn't been eliminated, the Second City Savior is already springboarding off the top rope and hits Joe off guard with a clothesline. Punk sees his opportunity as he sizes Joe for the Go To Sleep. Joe stumbles right into CM Punk as he is lifted up and is hit with the GTS sending him toppling over the top rope.

Elimination Six | Samoa Joe

Mick Foley:

He's done it, he's done!

Joey Styles:

CM Punk has made history!

CM Punk falls to his knees in exhaustion as he looks around the arena with a big smile on his face. Heyman walks up the stairs holding the World Championship with a smile on his face. But, before he can get into the ring, Jericho gets onto the apron and snatches the belt as he gets into the ring. Before Punk can even comprehend what's going on Y2J takes him out with the belt as Punk gets to his feet. Jericho picks up a exhausted and now bloodied CM Punk by the hair and tosses him over the top rope.

Elimination Seven | CM Punk

Winner and first WotW Champion | Chris Jericho (Last eliminating CM Punk)

Jericho celebrates as if he just won the world series jumping up and down as the referee explains to Paul E. that Jericho was never eliminated as he went through the ropes and not over. Jericho offers his arm for Heyman to raise it but, he just looks at Jericho with disbelief.

Mick Foley:

Jericho's won? Jericho's won!

Joey Styles:

Chris Jericho has just fooled everyone in this arena in thinking that he's been eliminated.

The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rollah settles for the referee raising his arm before rolling out of the ring. Still with a smile on his face he stands over Punk and kisses his newly won title as Punk holds his head. The last image of the first episode of War of the Worlds is of Chris Jericho holding the belt with one arm over his head still with a huge smile on his face.

End Show One

Quick Results

Paul London & Brian Kendrick def. The Samoan Mafia [w/ Sonny Siaki]

Low Ki def. Bryan Danielson

The Kings of Wrestling def. God's Gift to Wrestling

Chris Jericho def. Seven other men to be crowned the first WotW Heavyweight Champion

I liked the backstory. I agree on the Cruiserweight title. It's way too watered down. I would actually go even farther and scrap the "World" in the Heavyweight title. To me a start up company shouldn't be trying to claim they are on an even level.

It's nice to fight over being the 1st champ obviously and doing a standard tournament is the easy way out, but a battle royal to me sucks. You only have to throw people over and not prove you are the best wrestler to which Heyman claims is the whole reason for having this to be named the historic 1st ever champion.

Nicest guy in wrestling belittles the face team of London & Kendrick lmao..... Think about that. The match was good. Hard to see a small man pin a bigger man like that as it's not a very hard attempt to weasel your way out of, but the set up was very good.

Perfectly stated by Punk there. Note he didn't say he was going to beat him on wrestling merits, but over the top rope.....

Thanks for that insight into just what that move is lmao. That was too funny. Good match.

A couple nice promos from Hassan & Burchill. Quick and to the point allowing the audience to get familiar with who is all on the roster and a bit of a refresher of just who they are. Just a nice little touch to the opening show of the promotion.

Another very fine match. I have to disagree that London & Kendrick didn't "earn" there place in the match, but you needed a face team to win to face the heel team.

The main event is so big Syles & Foley don't even care that the biggest man in wrestling is coming soon to an arena near you.

Awwww, Burchill is going to be the poster whipping boy in this promotion eh? After being eliminated in 5 seconds and made to look like a tool right off the bat. Jericho is smarter than that to form an alliance just to eliminate the 2nd competitor from the ring when there is 5 other guys still in the ring. Then we get a guy that get's promo time to kick off the inaugural show eliminated 3rd while seemingly not thinking about his surroundings. *shakes head* Finally a guy that should be eliminated, but how and why? Is everyone going to be freaking stupid enough to go up to the top rope and get eliminated? I guess I was wrong. The rest of the match was nicely done. Maybe I came into the match hating on it already, but if there guys are supposed to be the cream of the crop most of them were laughed at and humiliated before the end of the 1st show. Battle Royals with 8 top guys just don't work for me as there is no one you can make look the fool that makes these matches good unless the whole match is what you finished with from the Samoa Joe elimination to the end.

All in all the show was really good. Lots of proofreading errors that can be cleaned up, but outside of the main event the booking was solid and the show provided a lot of good things especially the middle portions.

Archived