Delay of Information

rymyst3rio

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0912/556203/jim-ross/

According to this article, THQ was supposed to release some more info about WWE 13 this week, but due to the whole Jerry situation have decided to hold off. That is unfortunate but I respect them showing respect for Lawler and his situation which, btw for those who have not read further details, has shown that he has no brain damage.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you have got to be kidding me!!!! i respect jerry lawler like hell, but holding off on information for the game due to his illness? thats extremely lame if you ask me.

It's sad. I hope Jerry is doing well and improves, but they are using this for an excuse if you ask me. THQ is full of excuses, so what else is new. :(

you have got to be kidding me!!!! i respect jerry lawler like hell, but holding off on information for the game due to his illness? thats extremely lame if you ask me.

Agree...It's not that Jerry Died (Not saying that in a sarcastic manner). He is ok now, & since he is ok, what's the harm in releasing some info today then?

From everything I've read, Jerry Lawler is one of the most friendly, approachable people in the wrestling industry. With the amount of work he's done with THQ; not only with voice recording, but also promotional work (Axxess and various interviews for the games) who's to say that he and Cory and the rest of the THQ guys aren't friends? I'm believing that to be the case and I rarely give THQ the benefit of the doubt. If that is the case, then I can respect their decision.

Before anyone jumps on me for that (not saying they will, but I feel the need to defend my stance) I have already gone on record as saying I won't be buying the game. So yeah.

Just gonna copy and paste what I said on another thread.

The people at WWE '13 were set to release some significant content this week but that was put on hold because of what happened with Jerry Lawler at RAW.

Saw this on Lords of Pain. Not sure what their source is, but it wouldn't surprise me if that were the legitimate reason as to why nothing new (other than entrances of course) has been announced.

Without wanting to sound cold and harsh but what does Jerry's heart attack have to do with the game?

It's like having a refusal to do anything on 9/11 out of respect. Sure, it was a tragic event and I still pray for the victims and their families but why should things come to a standstill every time something bad happens?

Isn't it better to show courage and continue instead of not doing anything "out of respect"?

I mean granted this is a dirt sheet website, but it is the site I get all my backstage info from, and it has proved reliable in the past. But I feel as if THQ could probably still pump out the info, but I don't see anything wrong with letting the frequent updates of Lawler's condition take the spotlight, and then when that dies down then unveil what they were planning to

At first reaction I was thinking it is a stupid reason because what does Lawler's health have to do with a video game (not trying to be mean, it was just what I thought) but on second thought maybe they are just delaying it out of respect for the industry.

But then again WWE.com has been putting out articles so why can't THQ release some info? idk.

Just gonna copy and paste what I said on another thread.

The people at WWE '13 were set to release some significant content this week but that was put on hold because of what happened with Jerry Lawler at RAW.

Saw this on Lords of Pain. Not sure what their source is, but it wouldn't surprise me if that were the legitimate reason as to why nothing new (other than entrances of course) has been announced.

Without wanting to sound cold and harsh but what does Jerry's heart attack have to do with the game?

It's like having a refusal to do anything on 9/11 out of respect. Sure, it was a tragic event and I still pray for the victims and their families but why should things come to a standstill every time something bad happens?

Isn't it better to show courage and continue instead of not doing anything "out of respect"?

well, no more needs to be said does it? well said sir, i agree 100%

The fact that any of you actually believe this bullshit is laughable. Nothing was posted on any of their Twitter's about info this week(they would've hyped if we were actually supposed to get anything).

lol seriously? are you thinking about the same THQ?

Archived